The diciples prayer .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
1¶And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

2¶And he said unto them , When ye pray,

There are no western American, gentile, people that were told to pray this . We get our instruction on prayer from the epistles written to US , the body of christ . What is written to the body ( us ) still stands today.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
But before they died ?
But before they died ?
What I wrote is how I think God used the blood He gave on the altar too save all who believed in Him before He was crucified in our way of counting time. God lives in eternal time, it is different from our time. The blood the Lord gave on the altar that is spoken on in the old testament was the blood of Christ in eternal time. The sacrificial system was perfected in Christ when He was crucified in our time. It only worked partially until then.

Do check me out with scripture. Scripture tells us there is absolutely no way of salvation except through Christ, yet there are many scriptures telling of being forgiven of sins, as salvation is, in the old testament. Scripture is truth.

c

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
1¶And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

2¶And he said unto them , When ye pray,

There are no western American, gentile, people that were told to pray this . We get our instruction on prayer from the epistles written to US , the body of christ . What is written to the body ( us ) still stands today.
Where did the epistle writers get their instruction from?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
What I wrote is how I think God used the blood He gave on the altar too save all who believed in Him before He was crucified in our way of counting time. God lives in eternal time, it is different from our time. The blood the Lord gave on the altar that is spoken on in the old testament was the blood of Christ in eternal time. The sacrificial system was perfected in Christ when He was crucified in our time. It only worked partially until then.

Do check me out with scripture. Scripture tells us there is absolutely no way of salvation except through Christ, yet there are many scriptures telling of being forgiven of sins, as salvation is, in the old testament. Scripture is truth.

c
Yes they had remission, but not redemption. Today we get both .

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Paul ? Direct revelation from Jesus .
They all had that. Point is,

if we ask any thing according to his will 1Jn.5:14, is no different than, Thy will be done.

Have you noticed when I ask you what in Jesus's prayer that he taught his disciples, isn't for gentile believers, you can't specifically give an answer?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

if we ask any thing according to his will 1Jn.5:14, is no different than, Thy will be done.

Have you noticed when I ask you what in Jesus's prayer that he taught his disciples, isn't for gentile believers, you can't specifically give an answer?
We have so much teaching on this prayer in traditions, Catholicism, and many denominations . They also would take most of what Jesus said and mis apply so this one prayer is no issue to absorb into gentile western thinking. " OUR Father . Let's start there ..Could you find a reference in the bible where this is not a term used by Jews ? And Guojing already answered the application of this prayer to Israel only . What you may have is the spin that denominations have placed onto this prayer ..Like " this is model of how to pray ect ect

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Just as a further note. if we think about the blessing it is to be able to say 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name' in fact just those two words 'Our Father' what a privilege.

Because we are sons/daughters we can say 'Our Father'. That in itself is a wonderful truth that we could dwell on for a lifetime.
I just pray ' father ' .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Lk.11:2-4 is the best model for prayer, showing honor for God, thanks to him and our need of him. Every believer should pray this way.
No where says this is a ' model ' . This is what gets taught in sermons.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
We have so much teaching on this prayer in traditions, Catholicism, and many denominations .
I don't follow the teachings of any denomination. I ask God every morning to teach me. That is, to give me my daily bread. :)

They also would take most of what Jesus said and mis apply so this one prayer is no issue to absorb into gentile western thinking. " OUR Father . Let's start there ..Could you find a reference in the bible where this is not a term used by Jews ?
No, because the Bible was written by Jews, but I can easily find a reference in the Bible where the term "our Father" applies to gentile believers,

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Gal.4:6

ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Rom.8:15

So right here, you are wrong.

And Guojing already answered the application of this prayer to Israel only
No he didn't. His post #33 which you agree with, is filled with error. One I just exposed, along with being the God and Father of the patriarchs, Abraham also being described as "the father of us all" Rom.4:16. God is the Father of believers, as Abraham is also,

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me Jn.8:42

. What you may have is the spin that denominations have placed onto this prayer ..Like " this is model of how to pray ect ect
No I'll tell yiu what's going on here. You're in serious error. You're teaching that the body of Christ is divided and you are wrong.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
No where says this is a ' model ' . This is what gets taught in sermons.
Jesus said to pray Thy Kingdom come", but in another place said God's Kingdom was already here. I understand this perfectly. Do you?

rickhaines7

Jan 24, 2010
Something that God show me a while back: All 2 places in the bible on the Lord prayers It says Luk_11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Mat_6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (in earth)

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I don't follow the teachings of any denomination. I ask God every morning to teach me. That is, to give me my daily bread. :)

No, because the Bible was written by Jews, but I can easily find a reference in the Bible where the term "our Father" applies to gentile believers,

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Gal.4:6

ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Rom.8:15

So right here, you are wrong.

No he didn't. His post #33 which you agree with, is filled with error. One I just exposed, along with being the God and Father of the patriarchs, Abraham also being described as "the father of us all" Rom.4:16. God is the Father of believers, as Abraham is also,

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me Jn.8:42

No I'll tell yiu what's going on here. You're in serious error. You're teaching that the body of Christ is divided and you are wrong.
OUR father..I pray 'Father '. Not 'OUR ' ..

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Jesus said to pray Thy Kingdom come", but in another place said God's Kingdom was already here. I understand this perfectly. Do you?
I'd rather read and understand the bible in the context given .This way i can try recognise who God is speaking to .