The Difference Between Real and Not Real.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jesuschrist13
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jesuschrist13

Guest
I want to start off by saying that there are some things that are and are not real, but we still believe in them. Well I'm going to explain this to you as much as I can. First, I will tell you things that are not real. Then, I will tell you things that were real. Last, I will tell you things that are real. So without further ado, let's get on with it, shall we?

First, I am going to tell you things that are not real and why they are not real. UFOs are not real because there is no way a flying saucer the size of a Frisbee is going to hover over your head and abduct you. Mermaids are not real because there is no real sign of them having fish tails. Unicorns and pegasi (plural for Pegasus) are not real because horses do not have horns on their foreheads, and they cannot fly. Zombies are not real because there is no way a person who dies turns into a zombie at midnight and come out of the grave to hypnotize you (sorry Michael Jackson).

Second, I will tell you things that were real and why they were real. Vikings were real because they were in medieval times before the 20th and 21st centuries. Dinosaurs were real because they existed in the Jurassic period (which pretty much explains why there are displays of dinosaur bones in museums).

Finally, I will tell you the things that are real. Somewhere out there there is something that is real that people don't believe in. Sasquatch. Bigfoot. I believe that bigfoot is hidden somewhere but he doesn't want to show himself. God is real because even though He is not here, He sent his son Jesus to die for our sins. Most people don't believe in him, but He is out there.

And this concludes my speech about what is real and not real. Anything I miss comment below. Peace.
 
We are in a time I only heard of when I was your age. I never
dreamed I would be living in days such as these. I will not argue
with your opinion on what is real or not real.

One think I will agree with, and that is God is most definitely real
and indeed sent Jesus to die for our sins. There are a lot of people
who will be in for a rude awakening when that day of reckoning occurs.

Blessings in your walk with Jesus and may you grow spiritually and
win souls for our Lord Jesus Christ and to save them from the enemy.
 
I agree as well, though lumping God into a group with Bigfoot is a stretch IMHO :)

That being said, the evidence for a creator is overwhelmingly obvious...

I think this scripture says it best

(Hebrews 3:4) Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but he that constructed all things is God.

You would think a person nuts if he told you that a bunch of trees and wiring fell randomly together, and that the house was a mere natural occurrence 'Devoid of Any intelligent Persons efforts' :)

This planet we call earth is home to all living creatures of flesh, and some (naughty) Angels/Demons... How much more effort must have been put into place in order for it to exist and support life as perfectly as it does?

Bigfoot on the other hand... well, to each his own :)
 
wait bigfoot? he belongs in the not real category.... God however i can believe that HE is very real and that He is living on this earth with us now.
 
The Bible mentions unicorns in Psalms so I think they used to be real (minus the magical powers that they are said to have had) Just a regular horse with a horn on it's forehead. just a thought
 
The Bible mentions unicorns in Psalms so I think they used to be real (minus the magical powers that they are said to have had) Just a regular horse with a horn on it's forehead. just a thought

Actually, unicorns in ancient times were understood to be one-horned deer, especially in the East, not horses. There are still species of that deer in Italy.
 
I want to start off by saying that there are some things that are and are not real, but we still believe in them. Well I'm going to explain this to you as much as I can. First, I will tell you things that are not real. Then, I will tell you things that were real. Last, I will tell you things that are real. So without further ado, let's get on with it, shall we?

First, I am going to tell you things that are not real and why they are not real. UFOs are not real because there is no way a flying saucer the size of a Frisbee is going to hover over your head and abduct you. Mermaids are not real because there is no real sign of them having fish tails. Unicorns and pegasi (plural for Pegasus) are not real because horses do not have horns on their foreheads, and they cannot fly. Zombies are not real because there is no way a person who dies turns into a zombie at midnight and come out of the grave to hypnotize you (sorry Michael Jackson).

Second, I will tell you things that were real and why they were real. Vikings were real because they were in medieval times before the 20th and 21st centuries. Dinosaurs were real because they existed in the Jurassic period (which pretty much explains why there are displays of dinosaur bones in museums).

Finally, I will tell you the things that are real. Somewhere out there there is something that is real that people don't believe in. Sasquatch. Bigfoot. I believe that bigfoot is hidden somewhere but he doesn't want to show himself. God is real because even though He is not here, He sent his son Jesus to die for our sins. Most people don't believe in him, but He is out there.

And this concludes my speech about what is real and not real. Anything I miss comment below. Peace.

Are you real?
 
I beg to differ about the mermaids. My wife is from Kenya and she has told me about these stories of mermaid spirits that hang around the coastal towns of Kenya, apparently the manifest themselves as flesh, seduce men and they are never to be seen again. Now, i believe this but its not something I focus on but I wouldn't be surprised if its real considering there's a lot of weird spiritual activity that happens on that continent that Westerners are ignorant of. For them, the spirit realm is very real and they wonder why white man/Westerners have such trouble believing in spiritual things.