THE DOCTRINE OF ONE GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 26, 2016
Those who teaches the doctrine of one God and Jesus Christ being God almighty finds it very difficult to support their claims with enough scriptural verses from the Bible.

Though there are scriptural verses to support their claims but I do not think that would be enough to convince those who believed in the Trinity.

They believe Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are thesame God almighty. They believed thesame God manifested as son and as the Holy Spirit.

They are faced with the hard task of fusing three personality as one and how to make it look good for the people to subscribe to this idea.

Both in the old and new testament it was widely proclaim that our God is one God James2:19 Gen. 5:1 Deut. 6:4 isaiah45:5 1cor. 8:4 mark12:29 1timothy 2:5.

They needed more than all these scriptural verses to convince the tranitarian believers because they also has more solid scriptural verses to support their beliefs.

Because I believe the Bible, I do believe our God is one God. Because I believe the Bible I also believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. But the truth of the matter still remains, it is wrong for me to believe the two? That Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are the same God Jehovah and again believe Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are God but not equal with Jehovah heirachically.

The living bible has told us Jesus is God's son and also said our God is one God. How best can we interpret this?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Only God can inhabit eternity. God inhabits all of eternity all the time. God is already in tomorrow as He is today and yesterday.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 12, 2013
Let US make man in OUR image..........!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm not familiar with the Living Bible directly, but I do know it's not considered an excellent "translation". It's a paraphrase, so trying to get a proper understanding of the Trinity may be challenging. The quotes below are from the NASB.

The Bible clearly presents Jesus as God. In His flesh, His capacities were limited; this is hinted at in Philippians 2:7 where Jesus "emptied Himself". However, that did not make Him less-than-divine.

In John 8:58, Jesus said of Himself, "Before Abraham was born, I am." Given that the Jews picked up stones indicates that they believed He had just called Himself "God".

Titus 2:9 says, "God our Saviour" without mentioning Jesus directly, and verse 13 says, "our great God and Saviour, Jesus".

Put that together with Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God" and verse 21 says, "There is no other God besides Me, a righteous God and Saviour; there is none except Me."

There is only one God, there is only one Saviour. Jesus is called both.

There are far more references, but these are some of the key verses that led me to know that Jesus is God.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
When Jesus said to the paralytic you sins are forgiven he was either two things, a false teacher and prophet or God because only God can forgive sins. So if Jesus is not also God then he blasphemed and if he did then you might as well throw your bible away and your Christianity

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Those who teaches the doctrine of one God and Jesus Christ being God almighty finds it very difficult to support their claims with enough scriptural verses from the Bible.

Though there are scriptural verses to support their claims but I do not think that would be enough to convince those who believed in the Trinity.

They believe Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are thesame God almighty. They believed thesame God manifested as son and as the Holy Spirit.

They are faced with the hard task of fusing three personality as one and how to make it look good for the people to subscribe to this idea.

Both in the old and new testament it was widely proclaim that our God is one God James2:19 Gen. 5:1 Deut. 6:4 isaiah45:5 1cor. 8:4 mark12:29 1timothy 2:5.

They needed more than all these scriptural verses to convince the tranitarian believers because they also has more solid scriptural verses to support their beliefs.

Because I believe the Bible, I do believe our God is one God. Because I believe the Bible I also believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. But the truth of the matter still remains, it is wrong for me to believe the two? That Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are the same God Jehovah and again believe Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are God but not equal with Jehovah heirachically.

The living bible has told us Jesus is God's son and also said our God is one God. How best can we interpret this?
It's interesting that you brought this up because not more than 5 minutes ago I am dealing with someone who is basically saying the same thing except for the fact that he does not believe Jesus Christ is God because he's a unitarian.

So I'll ask you the same question I ask him. At Matthew 26:63 the high priest Caiaphas said the following? "I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether (whether means in this case two things). (#1) Are You the Christ/Messiah and (#2) the Son of God." In other words, the high priest is asking Jesus to swear an oath as to Jesus being the Christ and the Son of God.

So the question to you is why would the high priest have to ask Jesus to swear that He is the Son of God since the Jews and us are also sons of God? This would be the same thing as me asking you, "hastrup, can you swear to me that your the son of your father Gary? (I just picked any name for your father since I don't know his real name).

At Luke 22:70 Jesus answered, "Yes, I am." So again, why would the priest ask such a question? Btw, at this point what I posted has "NOTHING" to do with the Trinity. That's a separate issue which I can easily explain later. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
They believe Jehovah God...
hastrup.

The Jehovah's Witnesses use the term "Jehovah God". So you need to clarify whether you are a JW or have come under their influence. Also your understand of the Trinity (the triune Godhead) is not how Christians believe this truth.

Christians do not use the term "Jehovah God" but they believe that based upon what is clearly revealed in Scripture the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God -- three Divine Persons, One God. This is "the Mystery of God", so you have two options: (1) believe it in simple faith or (2) join the heretics and disbelieve it.

To simplify this further we have God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit working in concert as One God. The Hebrew word for God is Elohim, which is a uniplural word, and indicates the existence of the Trinity. Thus we have (as already pointed out) God saying "let US make man in OUR image".

As to your reference to the Living Bible, it has already been mentioned that it is a paraphrase. So you will gain nothing from using it to establish doctrine. If you are using the JW's New World Translation, you will also gain nothing from it, since it is another corrupted Bible.

Now you have a decision to make: "Do I want God's truth, no matter how difficult to comprehend with my reasoning, or do I want to go along with man-made heresies which sound good, but are actually doctrines of devils?"

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
"Listen, Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!" Debt. 6:4[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

The word "one" is
[/FONT]אֶחָֽד in Hebrew. This word does not mean one, singular. But rather it means "one" in a plurality. So, one grape, is really a "bunch of grapes" which is found elsewhere in the OT with echad.

So, right there, you have the proof that God is more than one. Not polytheist, but rather one God with three persons!

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015

reading right to left

שׁמע .... ישׂראל ..........יהוה ............ אלהינ ................. יהוה ................אחד
one.....[is].....Lord [the]........God your.......Lord [the]..... Israel.......Hear

the Hebrew word echad אחד signifies composite unity the word for absolute unity is יחד .

this is shown clearly in numbers 13:23 one cluster of grapes

ואשׁכול ............ענבים .........אחד

one........ grapes off.........cluster and

Furthermore Mt 28:19 and Jn 1:1-14 support a trinitarian view.

Last edited:

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one God because They are of one mind and purpose. Even the church is to all be of one mind and purpose. But this does not mean we are the same person- we are all individuals who unit together in one body- Christ’s body (church)- of which He is the only head (authority). God does not have a personality disorder, “God” is simply plural instead of singular- for only three beings are Deity.

Oct 26, 2016
I am not a member of JW. I want us to take a look at this. The Heirachical way in which some believes in the Godhead is making many Christians and non-Christian a little confused.

Now, if we believe God is one God but in three personality father, son and Spirit, even from the title or the name father, son. Any one would easily identify the superiority between the two. The father we know is greater than the son.

To me, a God that deserves a capital letter (G) God should be unlimited. You are limited once you have a superior. That is why I have little concern with the Hitachi way trinitarians view the issue of the Godhead.

LET US MAKE MAN IN TO OUR OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS.
This statement shows who ever they were that the creator was talking to are people with minds (soul).
THE MAN HAS BECOME LIKE ONE OF US.
This also shows that The creator never took decision without consulting these people.

Now my question is this, is there any heirachy between the Godhead?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
IMO, unified explains Echad or one better than unity. It's also seen in the Tower of Babel story. The people were one, unified in one purpose.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Knowing all about the nature of the Godhead is a mystery, and we need to accept it by faith that Jesus is the almighty God

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
When Jesus said to the paralytic you sins are forgiven he was either two things, a false teacher and prophet or God
Maybe it is me but Jesus being either a false teacher and prophet or God sounds like the tree of knowledge of good and evil. :p. Yep that definitely got that figgy taste of eitheror.

because only God can forgive sins.
God can't forgive sin. You might say it is due to his eternal nature, but I can give you a couple of precepts for you to examine if you care to try the words to see whether they be of truth because the only begotten matters.

All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. Matt 12:31

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; John 5:26

So if Jesus is not also God then he blasphemed and if he did then you might as well throw your bible away and your Christianity
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Matthew 12:32

Last edited:

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
No, I do not find it difficult at all.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
I am not a member of JW. I want us to take a look at this. The Heirachical way in which some believes in the Godhead is making many Christians and non-Christian a little confused.

Now, if we believe God is one God but in three personality father, son and Spirit, even from the title or the name father, son. Any one would easily identify the superiority between the two. The father we know is greater than the son.

To me, a God that deserves a capital letter (G) God should be unlimited. You are limited once you have a superior. That is why I have little concern with the Hitachi way trinitarians view the issue of the Godhead.

LET US MAKE MAN IN TO OUR OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS.
This statement shows who ever they were that the creator was talking to are people with minds (soul).
THE MAN HAS BECOME LIKE ONE OF US.
This also shows that The creator never took decision without consulting these people.

I don't believe there is since all authority has been given the SON over all flesh

but there is a fullness to the GODHEAD

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
I don't believe there is since all authority has been given the SON over all flesh

but there is a fullness to the GODHEAD
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mat 3:17[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]my beloved Son, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]in whom I am well pleased. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Matt 11:27[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] All things have been delivered to me by my Father: and [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]no one knows the Son, except the Father[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]; neither does anyone [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]know the Father, except the Son,[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] and he to whomever the Son wills to reveal [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]him[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mat 28:19[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Go you therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]the name[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 5:21-23[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] For as the Father raises the dead and quickens them, even so the Son also quickens whom He will. [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] For neither does the Father judge any man, but He has given all judgment to the Son; [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]that all may honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He who honours not the Son honours not the Father who sent Him[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 8:12[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Again therefore Jesus spoke to them, saying, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]I am the light [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]of the world: he who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 8:58[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]I am[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 10:27-30[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]and I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]them[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]them[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] out of the Father's hand. [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]I and the Father are one. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 12:44-45[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] And Jesus cried and said, He who believes on Me, believes not on Me, but on Him who sent Me. [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]he that sees Me sees Him who sent me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 14:7-11[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also: [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]from henceforth you know Him, and have seen Him. [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Philip says to him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us. Jesus says to him, Have I been so long time with you, and do you not know Me, Philip? he who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, Show us the Father? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? the words that I say to you I speak not from Myself: but the Father abiding in Me does his works. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 15:23[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] He who [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]hates Me hates my Father also. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 16:14-15[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] He shall glorify Me: for He shall take of Mine, and shall declare [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]it[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] to you. [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]All things whatever the Father has are Mine[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]: therefore said I, that He takes of Mine, and shall declare [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]it[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] to you. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 17:4-5[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] I glorified you on the earth, having accomplished the work which you have given Me to do. And now, O Father, you glorify Me with Your own self [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]with the glory which I had with You before the world was. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Joh 20:28[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God. [/FONT]

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Mat 3:17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matt 11:27 All things have been delivered to me by my Father: and no one knows the Son, except the Father; neither does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son wills to reveal him.

Mat 28:19 Go you therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:

Joh 5:21-23 For as the Father raises the dead and quickens them, even so the Son also quickens whom He will. For neither does the Father judge any man, but He has given all judgment to the Son; that all may honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He who honours not the Son honours not the Father who sent Him.

Joh 8:12 Again therefore Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world: he who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Joh 10:27-30 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.

Joh 12:44-45 And Jesus cried and said, He who believes on Me, believes not on Me, but on Him who sent Me. And he that sees Me sees Him who sent me.

Joh 14:7-11 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also: from henceforth you know Him, and have seen Him. Philip says to him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us. Jesus says to him, Have I been so long time with you, and do you not know Me, Philip? he who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, Show us the Father? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? the words that I say to you I speak not from Myself: but the Father abiding in Me does his works.

Joh 15:23 He who hates Me hates my Father also.

Joh 16:14-15 He shall glorify Me: for He shall take of Mine, and shall declare it to you. All things whatever the Father has are Mine: therefore said I, that He takes of Mine, and shall declare it to you.

Joh 17:4-5 I glorified you on the earth, having accomplished the work which you have given Me to do. And now, O Father, you glorify Me with Your own self with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Joh 20:28 Thomas answered and said to him, My Lord and my God.
Yes sir

But many profess to have GOD but deny THE SON
And no one can come to the father except through the son

and he and the father are ONE

He who has the SON has THE FATHER
He who denies THE SON denies THE FATHER

There is only ONE GOD and it is through THE SON that we have access to THE FATHER by ONE SPIRIT

all authority has been given THE SON that all men should honor THE SON

JUST AS they honor THE FATHER (who sent HIM into the world)

Last edited:

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Anyone who claims they have access TO GOD apart from and therebydenying THE SON

Is a liar

"When a man believes in ME he dies but believe only in ME"