The 'ELECT' vs 'Free-Choice'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Abraham was just chosen to be an early father to the Israelites

Abraham was a Hebrew
Abraham is the great grandson of Noah who is the great grandson of Enoch, who never died and was righteous and God took him to Heaven.

This is the Lineage of the Jews.

Dec 18, 2023
Abraham is the great grandson of Noah who is the great grandson of Enoch, who never died and was righteous and God took him to Heaven.

This is the Lineage of the Jews.
ancient Israelites got offended being called Jews as well as Jude's. I'm sure they where labelled Jews by the Romans

The lineage started with the Hebrews

The point is Abraham was chosen to from parents who where pagons

The other fundamental principal is everyone has there own identity

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
ancient Israelites got offended being called Jews as well as Jude's. I'm sure they where labelled Jews by the Romans

The lineage started with the Hebrews

The point is Abraham was chosen to from parents who where pagons

The other fundamental principal is everyone has there own identity
Many in Enoch's lineage did evil in the sight of God from Esau to the freed slaves of Egypt to king Saul to many of the kings of Judah/Israel. But it's still the same family.

BeeBlessed

Jun 1, 2023
@2ndTimeIsTheCharm ….

So now you are judging me and calling me out as one of the wolves in sheep’s clothing, an antichrist? I’m trying to mix into Christian Chat the leaven of the Pharisees? Do you even know what they taught? I should be publicly called out because I’m committing a sin of heresy and need to repent? What I have to say on this forum is gangrene? Whew! That’s quite a bagful of accusations. I’m glad my heavenly Father taught me who I am in Christ, and not you.

Let me say this gently…. A difference of opinion/interpretation is not a sin that leads to death. We are all trying to learn here. Members are all on various stages of their Christian walk. Let “iron sharpen iron.” Think for yourself and not for others. We all have the Word.

Next, you are not the overseer of the flock here. I wish we had more oversight. But we don’t. So it would really be to your own benefit to be watchful for your own soul. You say what you believe fairly well, I think. It’s up to me, and me alone, to see whether it jives with scripture. I will never make a judgment about you or what you say for anyone else—or talk about you in the third person for all the forum eyes to read. I am talking just to you.

I really hated to call you out for talking about other members here because I didn’t want to embarrass you—but you were really embarrassing yourself by doing that. It is so VERY rude to discuss another member of this forum with the others without addressing the person in question directly. I called out your behavior more in the spirit of an older woman teaching a younger one (Titus 2:4-6). I’m sorry that my public post embarrassed you. However, what I said to you was VERY different from accusing you of being a “fake” Christian. I don’t know your heart; and obviously you don’t know mine. I do believe that ALL we say and do should honor the Word of God. Don’t you?

I am well aware of what Jesus taught about how to handle a problem between Christians, so there really is no need to bombard me and everyone else with your totally off-topic article.

There is so much bad behavior among the brethren here on the forum—so many angry words. It saddens me so much that perhaps I was out of line in offering advice publicly. Lots of people come here to be encouraged, to read and learn. When Christians attack each other, it sets such a bad example. When people meet me, I want them to see Christ in me. Don’t you? Do you really believe the Light is shining in this thread? Sadly, I don’t, and I’m pretty sure that everyone already agrees that ALL of God’s elect are dearly loved, that they are all saved by grace through faith in this present age. GRACE—what a blessing!

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Yes thats generally a comment that comes from someone who is not in control who likes to think they are. View attachment 263424
Yet you are unable to admit what i said was true

Because it was. so as usual you deflect.

I could care less what you thgink, because your a no one who is just here to fight.. IU have no respect for you whatsoever.. I will pray for you because you are one of Gods creatures.. But thats about it.. Unless you repent and come to truth.

Dec 18, 2023

I could care less what you thgink, because your a no one who is just here to fight.. IU have no respect for you whatsoever.. I will pray for you because you are one of Gods creatures.. But thats about it.. Unless you repent and come to truth.
I can't hear you

Dec 18, 2023

I dont serve two masters emoji-smiley.gif

For good reason

BeeBlessed

Jun 1, 2023
The posts between 3 people are deliberate with the intent to derail, mock and try to get the thread either closed or so far off the rails that people give up.
…and so are posts between two people about a third person. This thread began in that way. Why don’t you just tell us all what you believe, back it up with scripture, and end the misery for us all? I’m sure in your opinion, it will be right.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Very good! More people would understand that on the road to Damascus, Saul had no choice—if they had ever plowed a field! ;)
Saul had a choice. He could have remained proud and Blind.

This no one has a choice stuff is not true

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
So abraham was alive before he was created? Did I misunderstand you?
Are all the people that are mentioned in the book of Revelation alive now?

Were they alive 300 years ago?
God knew they would be.

What God knows, and sees as alive.
He declared to be alive, awaiting to be revealed as God predetermined them to be on earth.

Dec 18, 2023

Do you know why I don't serve two masters