No one will even bother to look....
that's ok with me...it's not everyone's calling, imo... I looked, and it read very differently to me than what you presented.
No one will even bother to look....
that's ok with me...it's not everyone's calling, imo... I looked, and it read very differently to me than what you presented.
I had to repeat my simple question several times before finally answering it myself!
RK refused to reply to me, twice, regarding this important Biblical characteristic of Jesus, perhaps you can answer...
Q: Does Jesus know the hour of His return?
I don't see it... lay out the circle, if you like.
What you did was google your reply, Dan.
Not much effort...but, then again, how much effort have you ever put forth in your replies...?
Bowman: The sky is blue.
Dan: I think that it proves a young earth.
Bowman, Have you been through the Book of Mormon as you have with the Book of Islam (Koran/Quran)?
Sincerely, Justin
Bowman claims he is the first person (he knows of) to have properly translated the Koran. So, his argument is that the Koran you might be familiar with is inaccurate.
It would surely be helpful (in supporting his argument) if his translation was actually widely accepted verses widely unknown.
What you did was google your reply, Dan.
Not much effort...but, then again, how much effort have you ever put forth in your replies...?
an attack "against the person" (latin ad hominem)
if someone wants to talk rationally, logically about the scriptures, I think that's great.
if someone wants to engage in personal attacks, I think that's out-of-place on a christian forum.
I read it a number of years ago, and studied the polemics surrounding it, however, since it was mainly copied from the KJV Bible, and written only in the Kings English, I lost interest.
The real fruit is in exegesis of the original languages...
Yourself?
Lighten up, Dan.
We already know that you don't discuss scripture....so, for discourse with you, it has to be on the mundane level; any scripture that I posit here is for the edification of others...
This is common for many Muslims I have talked to. To give us Christians room to not doubt their erroneous zones, while allowing doubt in our own beliefs. I personally don't believe he feels he has an inside scoop, but simply wants us to pause intentionality on our beliefs given us thru the Spirit of God.
I feel very light. I believe I posted a calm, reasonable response to your personal attack.
I doubt that you speak for more than yourself when you say "We already know..."
This is common for many Muslims I have talked to. To give us Christians room to not doubt their erroneous zones, while allowing doubt in our own beliefs. I personally don't believe he feels he has an inside scoop, but simply wants us to pause intentionality on our beliefs given us thru the Spirit of God.
Since Islam came along many Centuries after Christianity, Islam has the burden of proof and not Christianity. The average Muslim does not know that his arguments are logically erroneous. He is sincere in his beliefs. Thus, let us remind ourselves two things - one, we as Christians are Ambassadors of Christ and a few may be called on by God to set His truths (here) straight. knowing that can be a grind, but what God may purpose, I encourage faithful believers in Christ to not be swayed..
The second is that we are to love and reconcile others thru exhortation (loving persuasion). We as Christians stand with God as He stands above anything outside of Himself, so knowing this we are to go patiently, and kindly - yet also authoritatively and be loyal to the gospel of Christ in rest approaching Muslim believers. We need to share thru discovery with Muslim believers as the Holy Spirit reveals why his arguments are invalid, for we are co-workers with Christ..
The Bible tests and judges the Qur'an. When the Bible and the Qur'an contradict each other, the Bible must logically be given first place as the older authority. Thus, the Qur'an is in error until it proves itself. Muslims have real faith, but Christians have faith in Jesus Christ and Him alone, the word "faith" doesn't mean it is necessarily the same faith. Muslims assert that the Qur'an judges the Bible. So for us here who claim Jesus as our authority, and those who claim the Qur'an is God; the question is "Wherein lies your faith?" Christ Jesus? Or anything outside of that?, which is not an option toward Salvation. You can't serve two Masters.
Muslims want us to argue in circles. If you have already assumed in your premise what you are going to state in your conclusion, then you have ended where you began and proven nothing. You become a salesman of truth, not a discoverer of Jesus' Spiritual truths. If you end where you began you got nowhere.
Let me give examples of the Muslims thinking: Proving Allah by the Qur'an and then proving the Qur'an by Allah. Proving Muhammad by the Qur'an and then proving the Qur'an by Muhammad. Proving Islam by the Qur'an and then proving the Qur'an by Islam. In contrast the analogies (parables) of Jesus were of sound obvious provable truths. False analogies compare two things, as if they are parallel, when they are not really the same at all. Muslims assume we share the same concepts of God, revelation, inspiration, textual preservation, the Bible, Prophethood, biblical history, conversion....etc, etc. But these are false connections to the Christian faith, thru false analogies.
Again let me give an example: Muslims claim that all Prophets were sinless. Thus, when a Christian points out all the wicked things that Muhammad did ( mass murder, child abuse, lying, etc), the muslim responds, "If you are right, then you must also reject your biblical Prophets for doing wicked things as well." What he is really saying is, "If you reject my Prophet, then you must reject your Prophets as well." "If Muhammad was a false Prophet, then your Prophets are false as well." Christians let the Holy Spirit cement your thinking and let us recognize Muslim concepts are not the same as Spirit-filled Saints doctrines found in the Bible. I call out the "false analogies." In Jesus' Name.
I have many other points but suffice it to say; (Surah 5:33; 9:5, 29), States a command for Muslims to wage war against non-muslims and apostates. This is not my Bible, thus it is not my Jesus, and if Jesus is God then it is also not God, and if the Holy Spirit only points to Jesus, The Muslims have no connection to him as well.. The fallacy of force with a cause is but blasphemy against God's decrees. Humans have the affinity to give Satan sympathy, thus by that Satan secures peace outside of God, but just because God doesn't show us judgement immediately He is noting everything; we are either in Christ or we are not, to that measure at the end of our life we will die once and then be judged.. I see this thread only as sweet poison, what you call legalism and narrow mindedness, in Christian claims; God calls it faith in Jesus Christ. I stand on that rock! And no other.
More evidence that the Koran claims to be about the Biblical Jesus Christ...
تنزيل الكتب من الله العزيز العليم
Tanzeelu alkitabi mina Allahi alAAazeezi alAAaleemi
40.2 The Book of Revelation from “allah”, the all mighty,the one who knows.
I need to better understand the Bible (Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek) before I head down that path.
Thanks for being patient with me, Bowman--I appreciate your kindness.
I'm not Muslim....and I believe that I have 'an inside scoop'...
The Bible tests and judges the Qur'an. When the Bible and the Qur'an contradict each other, the Bible must logically be given first place as the older authority. Thus, the Qur'an is in error until it proves itself.
Muslims have real faith, but Christians have faith in Jesus Christ and Him alone, the word "faith" doesn't mean it is necessarily the same faith.
This thread is intended to continue the discussion from
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/134148-intersection-theoogy-science-14.html
What are the essential characteristics of the biblical Jesus, does the koran attribute to Jesus those same characteristics? Or, is he "another jesus", as Paul wrote about.
Please, Bowman.