The essential characteristics of the Biblical Jesus

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'm the only one that I know of that has provided any depth to Koranic exegesis.

A distant second place would be the tafsirs have been floating around for ages...and are merely unsupported opinions..

If I'm following what your saying here,


only you have provided any depth to Koranic exegesis.

therefore, your koranic exegesis is correct.


is this the logic you are using?
 
Jesus bound Satan at The Cross.

Satan has no power over me.

You give power to Satan that he simply does not have, nor does he deserve....and, at the same time you diminish Jesus' power...


It has been my understanding that Satan is roaming to and fro on the earth seeking those he may devour. I really don't believe that he has been bound for a 1000 years yet to be released to deceive the nations. I think that is in Revelation somewhere.
 
I'm the only one that I know of that has provided any depth to Koranic exegesis.

A distant second place would be the tafsirs have been floating around for ages...and are merely unsupported opinions..
If I'm following what your saying here,


only you have provided any depth to Koranic exegesis.

therefore, your koranic exegesis is correct.


is this the logic you are using?

Umm Dan....."logic" to him is that he invented that too.....he's waiting for a "1st place" badge to fall from the heavens.
 

Umm Dan....."logic" to him is that he invented that too.....he's waiting for a "1st place" badge to fall from the heavens.

I've long suspected that Bowman is irrational or a troll or both.


sometimes those situations are interesting... you never know what's going to come up...

but that's just sometimes... other times, the situations are no longer interesting.
 
:D I think you have come to a neat conclusion regarding the Koran, Bowman.

Have you also worked your way through the Hadith and Sira?

I'm surprised BrotherJustin... what conclusion do you feel is neat?

are you aware that most of Bowman's conclusions are supported only by his claims?
 
I'm surprised BrotherJustin... what conclusion do you feel is neat?

are you aware that most of Bowman's conclusions are supported only by his claims?

I think it's neat that he has found that the Koran (when properly translated) actually supports the Bible.

Yes, I am aware that this conclusion is only supported by his work--which is why I wish his work was published and accepted by others.
 
I think it's neat that he has found that the Koran (when properly translated) actually supports the Bible.

Yes, I am aware that this conclusion is only supported by his work--which is why I wish his work was published and accepted by others.

yes, I agree... except maybe with the idea that the koran has been improperly translated in the past.

I have no compelling reason to suspect that it was.

when someone's work isn't published or accepted by others, one common reason is that the editors, experts, or whoever's in charge, don't think it has merit.
 
I think it's neat that he has found that the Koran (when properly translated) actually supports the Bible.

Yes, I am aware that this conclusion is only supported by his work--which is why I wish his work was published and accepted by others.

How can you accept his translation was translated properly if there is no independent verification? Independent verification by multiple sources(peer review) is just about how all pieces of literature get published. Dan keeps asking him for third party verification and he just dances around the bush! He is playing games. Have you actually consulted a third party to see if he indeed translated it correctly? Yes he posted a bunch of Arabic online, but how do you know the integrity of his translation or if he actually used the right source, without actually being fluent in Arabic yourself or having third party reputable Arabic translators to verify it?

How about I submit an article with your real name attached...?


And another thing, we're talking about a guy who just said someone else's real name should be attached to his paper, do you not know that is considered FRAUD? Falsely representing a piece of work is unethnical, and Bowman's suggestion just reveals his ethics. And you trust this type of person?

"
The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going." Pro 14:15

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." 1 Thess 5:21
 
Last edited:

How can you accept his translation was translated properly if there is no independent verification? Independent verification by multiple sources(peer review) is just about how all pieces of literature get published. Dan keeps asking him for third party verification and he just dances around the bush! He is playing games. Have you actually consulted a third party to see if he indeed translated it correctly? Yes he posted a bunch of Arabic online, but how do you know the integrity of his translation or if he actually used the right source, without actually being fluent in Arabic yourself or having third party reputable Arabic translators to verify it?



And another thing, we're talking about a guy who just said someone else's real name should be attached to his paper, do you not know that is considered FRAUD? Falsely representing a piece of work is unethnical, and Bowman's suggestion just reveals his ethics. And you trust this type of person?

"
The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going." Pro 14:15

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." 1 Thess 5:21

Please review the questions i have asked Bowman in this thread. I think you may find answers to many of your questions.

Lighten up, MeowMix, Bowman's not promoting fraud; read between the lines--he's saying: 'Now that you know i have not published this work due to concern of becoming a target (could put family at risk), Put yourself in my shoes--you publish it.'

He's not advising we commit fraud--he's saying: 'Check it out for yourself--since you show such great enthusiasm--become that expert.' Not all are called for this task.

With love,
Justin
 
Please review the questions i have asked Bowman in this thread. I think you may find answers to many of your questions.

Lighten up, MeowMix, Bowman's not promoting fraud; read between the lines--he's saying: 'Now that you know i have not published this work due to concern of becoming a target (could put family at risk), Put yourself in my shoes--you publish it.'

He's not advising we commit fraud--he's saying: 'Check it out for yourself--since you show such great enthusiasm--become that expert.' Not all are called for this task.

With love,
Justin

I could not have said it better, Justin! :)

What is it with these people going off the deep-end like they do...?

First Magenta...and now RK, and others...
 
I could not have said it better, Justin! :)

What is it with these people going off the deep-end like they do...?

First Magenta...and now RK, and others...

I'm guilty as well.

I blame misunderstandings of communication and carelessness. Works in progress, we are.
 
'Now that you know i have not published this work due to concern of becoming a target (could put family at risk), Put yourself in my shoes--you publish it.'

With love,
Justin

here's a thought... books and papers can be published on Archive.org anonymously... with an internet handle like "Joe3870"...

here's some kind of Hebrew Chaldee Lexicon
https://archive.org/details/GeseniusHebrewChaldeeLexiconOldTestamentScriptures.tregelles.1857.24

here's something the uploader claimed was in arabic
https://archive.org/details/WAQ143105c


for anyone who says they have a manuscript that promotes God's kingdom, I'd be glad to help them upload it.
 
If I'm following what your saying here,


only you have provided any depth to Koranic exegesis.

therefore, your koranic exegesis is correct.


is this the logic you are using?


Therefore....where is the refutation?

I apply the same exegesis methodology in my Koranic studies that I do in my Biblical studies.

I have provided both Biblical & Koranic examples within this very thread.

Where have we seen any exegetical rebuttal against what I have asserted....even regarding the Biblical assertions that I have made, of which, more than one person has disagreed with...?

Disagreement, without exegetical evidence to the contrary, is simply unreferenced opinion...and anyone can have an opinion...

 
It has been my understanding that Satan is roaming to and fro on the earth seeking those he may devour. I really don't believe that he has been bound for a 1000 years yet to be released to deceive the nations. I think that is in Revelation somewhere.

Once upon a time, Satan was roaming the earth....but that ended when Jesus' death, upon The Cross, bound him.

Now, the only things roaming free on the earth are Satan's demons.

The bad things happening in the world today are because of the millions of free-ranging demons...NOT because of an out-of-control Satan.

If Satan were loose, things would be much, much worse...as scripture tells us they will be when he is released for a short time....as a short time is all he needs to bring things to a quick end.

Rev 20 is not a future event, it is just one passage, of many, that proclaim the story of Satan's binding, By Jesus...
 
:D I think you have come to a neat conclusion regarding the Koran, Bowman.

Have you also worked your way through the Hadith and Sira?

I believe it is neat, too!

In so many ways!

I don't spend any time on hadiths, as they are spurious, and a lot of Muslims don't adhere to them.

Did you mean to say 'sura' instead of 'sira'...?
 
I'm surprised BrotherJustin... what conclusion do you feel is neat?

are you aware that most of Bowman's conclusions are supported only by his claims?


I've already shown you resources with overlapping claims, Dan.

The onus is upon you to do some leg work in lieu of looking to beef-up your laundry list of excuses why you can't be bothered if it isn't free, or laid upon your front doorstep...
 
I think it's neat that he has found that the Koran (when properly translated) actually supports the Bible.

Yes, I am aware that this conclusion is only supported by his work--which is why I wish his work was published and accepted by others.

Some of my conclusions are already supported in published works.....I have already mentioned this several times to you people.
 
It has been my understanding that Satan is roaming to and fro on the earth seeking those he may devour. I really don't believe that he has been bound for a 1000 years yet to be released to deceive the nations. I think that is in Revelation somewhere.

People argue. Some say that Satan is bound but then some say that that chain is too long.
 
I believe it is neat, too!

In so many ways!

I don't spend any time on hadiths, as they are spurious, and a lot of Muslims don't adhere to them.

Did you mean to say 'sura' instead of 'sira'...?

I meant sira. (Sira - LookLex Encyclopaedia)

If you don't spend time with hadiths, you probably don't spend time with sira either. It seems sira is the basis for hadiths--prophetic biography.