The False Doctrine of OSAS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shall we continue with this debate?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 24, 2010
Do you see those words right there? "You have been saved" - God's gift, received through faith and it was a one time event that we were saved... born again, became a new creature in Christ. Nowhere does the bible say we are saved multiple times, that we lose salvation and are saved again over and over.

Since we were all physically born once and needed to be spiritually born once - would you say it is possible to be physically born a second time? The same is said of the spiritual birth, it only occurs once.

However, we are always being sanctified...

Yes, we receive the free gift through faith. You seem to forget the work of the Holy Spirit to draw a non believer to salvation and to continually work in the life of the believer. He convicts people's hearts of God's truth concerning how sinful we are, needing God's forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is, that He died in our place, for our sins; and God's eventual judgment of the world and those who do not know Him (John 16:8-11). The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness and a new life.

So for you to suggest we lose salvation is denying the work of the Holy Spirit to keep us sealed the moment we are saved.. and denying the Holy Spirit draws a person, which means you are putting all focus on yourself. We are sealed unto the day of redemption, when we receive our glorified bodies. To suggest we are not is to deny God's power to keep us.

We believe His promises, one of which is eternal security given to the believer once they are saved. This is good news, that we are forgiven and cleansed of unrighteousness, made a new creature in Christ. God does not lie. You are denying His promises, which is worrying because all who are saved have had this big weight taken off them. You are trying to dump it back on and are sounding like the lost people in the world that have no assurance and are not experiencing this new life in Christ. So what is the good news you're sharing with the lost world?

If you are continually feeling condemned and not secure in your salvation then you are not really trusting God to keep you. It is also a stumbling block not allowing you to help the lost in the world because you will be worrying about your own salvation and not able to do work that God wants you to do. Ah.. the enemy loves to stop us from doing our work and loves to make us feel condemned all the time. Some of us just ignore him though.

This is all I ever hear from those who don't believe in eternal security. You accuse us of supporting willful sinning. No one supports this. You have to understand that no one is sinless here in the world and many backslide, including some of the disciples, but God calls us back. However, we were always His children, we just drifted into the world for a short time. By your own words and beliefs you must be feeling condemned all the time because you don't believe your salvation is secure. Did you not receive the same assurance the moment you were saved?

By the same token, we should ask why you feel the need to boss Jesus around by denying His work to give us eternal life. You are trying to take something from scripture that's not there.
Kate, this man does not have ears to hear what you and others have to say because he is locked into his own understanding that is removed from the grace of God and finished work of Christ. You have been rooted in Christ through grace and what Christ did on the cross and that is what makes you a beloved Christian with a pure heart.

G

GreenNnice

Do you see those words right there? "You have been saved" - God's gift, received through faith and it was a one time event that we were saved... born again, became a new creature in Christ. Nowhere does the bible say we are saved multiple times, that we lose salvation and are saved again over and over.

Since we were all physically born once and needed to be spiritually born once - would you say it is possible to be physically born a second time? The same is said of the spiritual birth, it only occurs once.

However, we are always being sanctified...

Yes, we receive the free gift through faith. You seem to forget the work of the Holy Spirit to draw a non believer to salvation and to continually work in the life of the believer. He convicts people's hearts of God's truth concerning how sinful we are, needing God's forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is, that He died in our place, for our sins; and God's eventual judgment of the world and those who do not know Him (John 16:8-11). The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness and a new life.
u
So for you to suggest we lose salvation is denying the work of the Holy Spirit to keep us sealed the moment we are saved.. and denying the Holy Spirit draws a person, which means you are putting all focus on yourself. We are sealed unto the day of redemption, when we receive our glorified bodies. To suggest we are not is to deny God's power to keep us.

We believe His promises, one of which is eternal security given to the believer once they are saved. This is good news, that we are forgiven and cleansed of unrighteousness, made a new creature in Christ. God does not lie. You are denying His promises, which is worrying because all who are saved have had this big weight taken off them. You are trying to dump it back on and are sounding like the lost people in the world that have no assurance and are not experiencing this new life in Christ. So what is the good news you're sharing with the lost world?

If you are continually feeling condemned and not secure in your salvation then you are not really trusting God to keep you. It is also a stumbling block not allowing you to help the lost in the world because you will be worrying about your own salvation and not able to do work that God wants you to do. Ah.. the enemy loves to stop us from doing our work and loves to make us feel condemned all the time. Some of us just ignore him though.

This is all I ever hear from those who don't believe in eternal security. You accuse us of supporting willful sinning. No one supports this. You have to understand that no one is sinless here in the world and many backslide, including some of the disciples, but God calls us back. However, we were always His children, we just drifted into the world for a short time. By your own words and beliefs you must be feeling condemned all the time because you don't believe your salvation is secure. Did you not receive the same assurance the moment you were saved?

By the same token, we should ask why you feel the need to boss Jesus around by denying His work to give us eternal life. You are trying to take something from scripture that's not there.
yes, katydid, you are right, God comes after His lost sheep, calling at them, and they know His voice. Hrs, we have the promisr of the seal
redemption . No weight there, is there? :)
I'm done talking about this controversy, for now, , I Love ya, sister, in Christ, and, I pray, like me, that He, as we seek Him with all our pure heart, shows us His Truth :)

Not perfect am I but I am His, He greatly leads my life, and, will , by grace, mercurio, Love, me showing I am His, through faithful following of His leading :)

Last edited by a moderator: