What did you expect from the complete Jewish Bible, since they deny the deity of Christ? I already quoted the Hebrew from the Leningrad Codex (which you apparently ignored). It says "the Son of God".and the fourth looks like one of the gods!
What did you expect from the complete Jewish Bible, since they deny the deity of Christ? I already quoted the Hebrew from the Leningrad Codex (which you apparently ignored). It says "the Son of God".
You know people who think in this manner are the same ones who caused the great apostasy to begin bigtime with the separation from the early believers. It is time to get back with them.What did you expect from the complete Jewish Bible, since they deny the deity of Christ? I already quoted the Hebrew from the Leningrad Codex (which you apparently ignored). It says "the Son of God".
I don’t think we’re ever actually told who it is
“He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.”
Daniel 3:25
I think that’s one of the few times “ the son of God “ is mentioned in the ot but I noticed there’s another figure in scriptire likened to the son of God
“For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.”
Hebrews 7:1-3 KJV
I wonder what reference nebucadnezzar was using when he said he looked like the son of God ? Interesting post I’ll read and hope someone comes up with a better answer lol God bless
Oh Christians are like politicians...they can argue about anything.I've always understood the man in the fire to be a Christophany. It seems obvious.
I can see how it might be a debate within Talmudic Judaism but was totally unaware
there was any serious debate about it among Christians.
Oh Christians are like politicians...they can argue about anything.
Arguments are based on posts "I'm right, your wrong" and such
Discussions are when people state their thoughts/beliefs on something without condemning those who disagree.
I like discussions. That is when we all grow in the Word IMO
All the more reason for them to preserve the actual Hebrew in translating.The CJB does not deny the deity of Christ
KJV1611 edition..... Daniel 3
25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
26Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.
27And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.
28Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
An interesting point to study. However, the King himself knew not...thus the different references. I believe we can fairly conclude that the 4th was an emissary of God and that reference is sufficient.
We are reminded of scriptures......some things are reserved for our Father's knowledge only....and....it shall be revealed in due time....
as a student of the Bible we must respect and accept God's privacy as is indicated by God not having revealed to Christ...even....of the day and time of Christs' 2nd advent.
Well, you know how it goes... nobody is going to perfectly agree or change their mind. People put forth a few of their "proofs" and then someone puts forth a few of their proofs for a different conclusion and then more proofs are added and then the off screen name calling and disparaging...Arguments are based on posts "I'm right, your wrong" and such
Discussions are when people state their thoughts/beliefs on something without condemning those who disagree.
I like discussions. That is when we all grow in the Word IMO
This section in discussion of Daniel is in Aramaic and not Hebrew.All the more reason for them to preserve the actual Hebrew in translating.
Once more with your pan-expertise. The Hebrews keep closer to the full translations than do other translations replacing many translations with transliterations.All the more reason for them to preserve the actual Hebrew in translating.