The Friend's Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
i have a bicycle but it doesnt go up mountains or even many hills

I would like it to but to attach a battery to it would cost lots of $$ so if its too steep I would hop off it and walk it up. So I find it easier to walk up hills and dont ride it that much...!

It has a handy basket though. And I wear normal clothes when riding and just have to make sure nothing catches. I do wear a helmet.
Lol, I remember one time , a bit go, as I would ride I did Not like to stop or get off my bike. So I was going up this hill and I was going and going and going. As I was passed the half way mark, I was barely going and digging deep and still moving. When something funny hit me... I thought "I am moving so slow right now that, from someone going passed me, I probably look like i am at a dead stop." Lol.

But, i kept going and got to the top without having to dismount😁.

Anyway, your mentioning hills rememinded me of this funny story.

Fast, slow, in the middle, it's a great way to go down the road!

Got any other fun things you do Lanolin?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
haha my bike is pink
Its pink so nobody will steal it.
It doesnt have tassels on it though

Well I havent been doing much fun things lately as we are in quarantine. Just quizzes and jigsaw puzzles and scrabble.

There is a huge steep hill heading toward the old highschool and I dont think there is any way my bike could go up it. Its hard enough in a car. lol

Dont have the steepest street though, that honor and world record goes to one in Dunedin.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Lol, well wise idea on the pink there Lanolin. I still can and do do hills.

Longest I've ever done is 26 miles at one go. It was a good trek for me.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Lol, well wise idea on the pink there Lanolin. I still can and do do hills.

Longest I've ever done is 26 miles at one go. It was a good trek for me.
I stand corrected. I forgot when I was a wee lad, I used to do 64 mile treks. That was a while back.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Well, yes the threads can yield many friendly conversations. I have noticed, as of late, that many people thought have been coming into Christian Chat looking for friends.

I thought about this before posting and thought it would be worth posting this to see if this helped anyone find those friends in a more direct route. With everything that has been and is going on in the world, be nice to see some people find those good Godly friends they are looking for.
And, for those of you that thought this would be a thread having to do with Phoebe and the rest of the clan, sorry to disappoint. But , on the bright side, you might just find a good solid friend! Hope this helps y'all!

Let the friendships commence😀!
Am open to friendships. HELLO!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
64 mile treks???

What the heck were you, a sled dog??? :eek::cool:;)
Rofl😂!
Nope, although that would explain my love of dogs.

Nope, just someone that was out for a bike ride.

🤔 You think I could take the Huskies in the Iditarod race though?😄

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
lilliankeithauthor.wordpress.com
haha my bike is pink
Its pink so nobody will steal it.
It doesnt have tassels on it though

Well I havent been doing much fun things lately as we are in quarantine. Just quizzes and jigsaw puzzles and scrabble.

There is a huge steep hill heading toward the old highschool and I dont think there is any way my bike could go up it. Its hard enough in a car. lol

Dont have the steepest street though, that honor and world record goes to one in Dunedin.

Smart! Pink is a cute color. My family used to live on a steep hill. Of course, it was out in the country and the roads were pretty winding, so you rode a bike at your own peril :LOL:

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
64 miles?!! That's impressive! Do you have a dog yourself?
Nope. Its deeply on my list. I haven't started getting the dog food yet, as I'm not sure how big it will be or what he / she might like.

I do check through the pet ads though at times. Sugars Gliders would be a nice consolation pet or , in addition rather, to my Dog! I'll know my dog when I see them. Fun, a little attitude , but not unruly and can calm and just hang out at times.
So, if you see my dog, please let me know so I can pick them up😄?

As far as the ride, one day I was bored and decided to head to the closest bigger city. Got some water and turned around and headed back😄.

Do you have any animals?

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
I hope that I can make friends. It's lonely.

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
lilliankeithauthor.wordpress.com
Nope. Its deeply on my list. I haven't started getting the dog food yet, as I'm not sure how big it will be or what he / she might like.

I do check through the pet ads though at times. Sugars Gliders would be a nice consolation pet or , in addition rather, to my Dog! I'll know my dog when I see them. Fun, a little attitude , but not unruly and can calm and just hang out at times.
So, if you see my dog, please let me know so I can pick them up😄?

As far as the ride, one day I was bored and decided to head to the closest bigger city. Got some water and turned around and headed back😄.

Do you have any animals?

Sugar Gliders? People have those as pets? Cool! Although, I think our house might be a bit too small to have a creature that glides around (might knock over the potted plants:oops:)

Alas, no animals at the moment. I used to have a cat (she passed away several years ago.) I also raised chickens as a teen, which was fun (they ended up being more like pets because my younger sister and I tamed them as chicks. Big mistake!! *just kidding* They'll follow you around, step on your foot; and if you feed them raisins they'll be your faithful followers forever.... which, on second thought, isn't such a bad idea. Kinda like having fluffy little minions at your side that gives you eggs :ROFL:)

Anyway, if I see your future dog, I'll be sure to tell them you're looking for them (maybe try a 64 mile trek to the closest bigger city; and then maybe you two will run into each other!)

In all seriousness, though, have you thought about checking local animal shelters too? Or are you thinking of starting with a younger dog?