The Friend's Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I actually thought this was a thread for Quaker believers. The Quakers in Indiana call themselves "Friends".
Nonetheless this is a good thread. Idk where to start though. Um.......

HI! HELLO! I'm Holly and I would like to make friends with you.
My wife is from Muncie and knows a little bit about the Amish. Last time we traveled through Indiana we saw some Amish in Goshen. Of course, I don't believe that the Quakers are Amish. I like Quaker Oats though. It's also good in meatloaf.

Aug 20, 2021
um what does meatloaf have 2 do with anything?o yea i been in ceder rapids Iowa they had a big o Quaker oat factory on the river.But i did not see any ceders. :(

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
um what does meatloaf have 2 do with anything?o yea i been in ceder rapids Iowa they had a big o Quaker oat factory on the river.But i did not see any ceders. :(
Did that city at least have rapids? Never been to Iowa.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
remember verly little, not that i could remember..:(
It's probably like International Falls, Minnesota. That city does not have any type of waterfall whatsoever. Never been to Minnesota either.

Sep 8, 2021
Indianapolis
Well hello Holly!
Non-Quaker here😄.
What kind of things to you enjoy doing for fun or hobbies?
I enjoy music and sing very well. I also like crafting. I've been trying my hand at painting (trying to follow silly tutorials on YouTube would be more like it). I really want to try diamond dot needlepoint as well as regular needlepoint but I haven't worked up the courage. I also like collecting a magazine called "Victoria Bliss". It's a Victorian style aesthetic magazine and I'm really into the Victorian style aesthetic and things inspired by it. I enjoy William Shakespeare and Jane Austen, they are my two favorite writers. I've also, of course been studying the bible. I also enjoy cooking.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well, yes the threads can yield many friendly conversations. I have noticed, as of late, that many people thought have been coming into Christian Chat looking for friends.

I thought about this before posting and thought it would be worth posting this to see if this helped anyone find those friends in a more direct route. With everything that has been and is going on in the world, be nice to see some people find those good Godly friends they are looking for.
And, for those of you that thought this would be a thread having to do with Phoebe and the rest of the clan, sorry to disappoint. But , on the bright side, you might just find a good solid friend! Hope this helps y'all!

Let the friendships commence😀!
Nice idea for a thread. I'm a cynic by nature, though, and do not expect a real-world friendship to develop from this. But, that would be nice. Got no friends here in AZ. They're all scattered around the country, with concentrations on the coasts.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Nice idea for a thread. I'm a cynic by nature, though, and do not expect a real-world friendship to develop from this. But, that would be nice. Got no friends here in AZ. They're all scattered around the country, with concentrations on the coasts.
Well, glad you stopped by anyway. I just saw the need and made the threads. If even two people come away with a friendship, time well spent. If not, never hurts to try. By coming in here, perhaps there is a piece of you that is hopeful yet to find a new friend or two.

It's nice for you to have come in, and commented. I see it like before you go swimming in the spring. Not sure how the water temp is, so you put your feet in first to try it out before just diving head long in😉.

Hope to see you (and others) using this to get to know others more.🙂

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well, glad you stopped by anyway. I just saw the need and made the threads. If even two people come away with a friendship, time well spent. If not, never hurts to try. By coming in here, perhaps there is a piece of you that is hopeful yet to find a new friend or two.

It's nice for you to have come in, and commented. I see it like before you go swimming in the spring. Not sure how the water temp is, so you put your feet in first to try it out before just diving head long in😉.

Hope to see you (and others) using this to get to know others more.🙂
Okay... CHEWIE.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I enjoy music and sing very well. I also like crafting. I've been trying my hand at painting (trying to follow silly tutorials on YouTube would be more like it). I really want to try diamond dot needlepoint as well as regular needlepoint but I haven't worked up the courage. I also like collecting a magazine called "Victoria Bliss". It's a Victorian style aesthetic magazine and I'm really into the Victorian style aesthetic and things inspired by it. I enjoy William Shakespeare and Jane Austen, they are my two favorite writers. I've also, of course been studying the bible. I also enjoy cooking.
Hello and sorry for the delay (long day at work and all).

Sounds like your quite crafty, that's awesome. Hands on projects of all kind can be very fun. I went and tried to look up diamond dot needlepoint, then figured maybe it was diamond dots and needle point. Re-read this morning, and now I'm not sure again🤪. I did find a video on diamond dot, seemed somewhat interesting to me. Perhaps a little more clarification would be helpful to make sure I got the right one😉. And I have used youtube on projects before, some good help out there and some not helpful (to me help out there too😄). Nice to be able to see what they're talking about, instead of just reading about the topics for me.

What kind of songs do you like to sing? Only Christian or other type of songs ?

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
lilliankeithauthor.wordpress.com
Although, I have been known to eat Quaker Oats in the morning, Apple Cinnamon is a great choice.
Ah, I'm not a big oatmeal fan *gasp* o_O *ducks as angry oatmeal fans throw spoons my way!*
Alright alright!!! I do like oatmeal, sorta. I like it best with bananas. :giggle:

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Ah, I'm not a big oatmeal fan *gasp* o_O *ducks as angry oatmeal fans throw spoons my way!*
Alright alright!!! I do like oatmeal, sorta. I like it best with bananas. :giggle:
Oatmeal, banana and honey, now you got a party going on in the bowl!

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
lilliankeithauthor.wordpress.com
Hi Holly, how have you been? I love crafting too! Never heard of diamond dot needle point. How do you do it?
Victoria Bliss sounds interesting. We used to get a catalog that sold victorian inspired clothing and memorabilia and such (forgot the name of it though.)
What do you enjoy cooking?

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Yup, that's how my mom makes it. Ooo, have you ever tried throwing in some sweet dried blueberries on top? (Sometimes my dad does raisins).
Oh, I've tried throwing lots on it. But usually I use the packets that already have blueberries, or cinn. apple, strawberry, etc.

Joshua_783

Sep 15, 2022
It’s funny, that was why I first joined and honestly why I’ve returned. I miss genuine and inential friendships I have made in the past theough Christian chat as well as other online platforms. It’s sad in a way that people, like myself, can’t find friendships in person like we do on here. But I am glad there is a space to do so here. I’ve already enjoyed speaking to people and been so greatly encouraged by godly advice and conversation.
That is so wonderful you have been encouraged in here VictoryBelle! :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Missing BBG and hoping he is well...