The Greatest depression is coming, are you ready?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I think all the graphs and charts their pushing at us is like back in the early 90's when the phone company began to take our phone bills and itemize them out in such a complicated manner that we could no longer understand the phone bills. Then the phone bill went from being the smallest bill in our lives to now where our communications(internet,cell phones) are the largest utility bills. Complicated charts and graphs has to be bad,,,that's their MO...

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I think all the graphs and charts their pushing at us is like back in the early 90's when the phone company began to take our phone bills and itemize them out in such a complicated manner that we could no longer understand the phone bills. Then the phone bill went from being the smallest bill in our lives to now where our communications(internet,cell phones) are the largest utility bills. Complicated charts and graphs has to be bad,,,that's their MO...
my phone bill is less than $7 a month.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
my phone bill is less than $7 a month.

Wow that's amazing because your on CC most near everyday,,,wish there was a phone and internet service in Texas where I live that was that affordable.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Wow that's amazing because your on CC most near everyday,,,wish there was a phone and internet service in Texas where I live that was that affordable.
My phone and internet are two separate bills, internet for the entire house is about $80 a month.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Why is Social Security considered welfare, I thought we contributed to this retirement account our entire life, so simply our savings account that we accumulated while working.
I define a social welfare program as a government program that pays out more than it takes in.

Social Security became a social welfare program when the annual benefits started exceeding the annual income.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I define a social welfare program as a government program that pays out more than it takes in.

Social Security became a social welfare program when the annual benefits started exceeding the annual income.
Are you taking into account a reasonable rate of return, say 4%? $1,000 over 50 years at 45 would be worth about $7,000. Social security was supposed to be a retirement account where the money they were pulling out of each paycheck was invested. This begins with their first paycheck which for many people was when they were teenagers. If you are collecting SS at 80, paychecks in your 20s and 30s would have had 50 years of collecting interest.

The government also collects Social Security from people who die before collecting any of it. When you factor that into the equation along with the typical 1-2% inflation on the dollar, 4% is a very reasonable rate of return to expect.

For example, 50 years ago gold was $40 an ounce, today it is $2,000 an ounce. That gives you an idea of the impact inflation has had. Seems hardly fair for the government to take $40 from a worker 50 years ago and then characterize a payment of $2,000 today as "welfare".

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

I don't really see the people having any choice in the definition part, we all probably have different labeling systems on our family budgets filing cabinets at home. The federal government can put "boo boo" on all their filing systems where they sling mud at each other for all I care in fact. The issue I think is that the Federal government has SS,SSDI unemployment insurance,SNAP, Medicare,Medicaid ect. all filed under the same in their filing cabinet's filing system. Past that they can call that file Walter if they like that name...

What sticks in my craw is that they are sitting up there in Washington using it as a weapon to play who's got the biggest dog in a fight between two political parties as if they don't care who's lively-hoods they are playing with as long as it isn't theirs. It's not like only Democratic supporters are the only citizens on what they call " Social welfare programs" nor are the Republican supporters the only ones on those programs. So since there are both Republican and Democrat supporters(voters,citizens) who paid into and receive the things they define as Social welfare programs it's something their talking about cutting back on that will effect every citizen.

lol, anyway it angers me to see them up there playing political games with our food, medicine,medical insurance ect. (our financial security) and I think if they want to play whose got the biggest dog with something in the budget like their at war with each other they should threaten each other with cut backs in the pay that politicians get,,,threaten each other with no vacations or better yet they can cut back on their own retirement funding and insurance.

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
Are you taking into account a reasonable rate of return, say 4%? $1,000 over 50 years at 45 would be worth about $7,000. Social security was supposed to be a retirement account where the money they were pulling out of each paycheck was invested. This begins with their first paycheck which for many people was when they were teenagers. If you are collecting SS at 80, paychecks in your 20s and 30s would have had 50 years of collecting interest.

The government also collects Social Security from people who die before collecting any of it. When you factor that into the equation along with the typical 1-2% inflation on the dollar, 4% is a very reasonable rate of return to expect.

For example, 50 years ago gold was $40 an ounce, today it is $2,000 an ounce. That gives you an idea of the impact inflation has had. Seems hardly fair for the government to take $40 from a worker 50 years ago and then characterize a payment of $2,000 today as "welfare".
This time I have to agree with you.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Economy Shutting Down 05/19/2023

Walmart is closing 20 stores in 11 states. Thousands of employees will lose their jobs. All of this is a plan of Lucifer, crashing our economy. Food Processing plants are being destroyed, and trains are being derailed. More and more it seems that we are nearing to the Tribulation with evil plans so shut down society.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Imagine you own a high rise and can rent out space 73% cheaper than anyone else, you will be filled with tenants but that doesn't mean that businesses will get more office space, it means that other buildings that are 33% empty will now be 50% empty, it means that the fire sale is going to totally destroy the commercial real estate market.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
**BREAKING** THE CLOCK HAS HIT MIDNIGHT

Jun 12, 2021
Economy Shutting Down 05/19/2023

Walmart is closing 20 stores in 11 states. Thousands of employees will lose their jobs. All of this is a plan of Lucifer, crashing our economy. Food Processing plants are being destroyed, and trains are being derailed. More and more it seems that we are nearing to the Tribulation with evil plans so shut down society.
He needs people to lose their trust in governments. Governments get destroyed. Than Lucifer comes out as the fake 2nd Coming of Jesus to make a 2nd attempt of tower of babel. A world without God. World peace and safety. A very short time, than the Real Jesus comes to end it all.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
(our financial security)
In any fiat fractional reserve system, this "security" is purely an illusion. Sooner or later this supposedly trustworthy phantasm vaporizes. As has become the case with Argentina presently.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
In any fiat fractional reserve system, this "security" is purely an illusion. Sooner or later this supposedly trustworthy phantasm vaporizes. As has become the case with Argentina presently.

lol, I'm not worried about any fiat fractional reserve system stuff, I'm just worried that Keven McCarthy and the gang might be attempting to re-box the T4 plan where the elderly, crippled ect. are not going to get our checks after June the first and starve us to death(if the check stops coming on June 1'st my utilities go off and then no food)... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
lol, I'm not worried about any fiat fractional reserve system stuff, I'm just worried that Keven McCarthy and the gang might be attempting to re-box the T4 plan where the elderly, crippled ect. are not going to get our checks after June the first and starve us to death(if the check stops coming on June 1'st my utilities go off and then no food)... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aktion_T4
Let's pray that this does not happen to you bro.....:cry:

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...back-vacations-travel-restaurants-save-money/

BIDEN ECONOMY: Americans Are Pulling Back on Vacations, Travel and Restaurants to Save Money

1. We are seeing severe worldwide inflation in the cost of gas and food.

2. We are seeing a collapse in the stock markets around the world.

3. People are not running to bonds because they expect interest rates to rise (which causes the value of bonds they have bought to drop).

4. The Fed is raising interest rates and will continue to do so, which in turn is causing central banks around the world to do the same.

5. As a result of rising interest rates mortgage rates have risen dramatically. For example, we sold our house in March. The company that bought it flips houses and the price they paid to us reflected their estimate that they could fix it up and resell for $700k. If you calculate that your buyer puts down 20% the new mortgage rate would cause them to drop the selling price by 200k for the same buyer to buy it.

A. We are seeing a sharp decline in mortgages.

B. We are also seeing a sharp decline in new homes being built. I heard from one builder that the windows he gets now take 18 months to be delivered. If you cannot get some key item it can hold up the entire construction of the house.

6. We are also seeing a sharp decline in car sales. It is a double whammy for them. They are having a hard time getting parts. I bought a car two months ago and it is still not here. When it does get here they tell me the heated seats won't work because they don't have the chip but hope to get it and install it before winter. However, I bought this car before the interest rates spiked. Now financing a car will be a double whammy. Cars will be both harder to get and much more expensive to finance.
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! We're all gonna DIE!!! But let's have lunch first.