The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Don't feel too bad. 9 mm and it's sister 40 caliber are what almost all police in the world use.
Yes.... I'm ok with it... not ecstatic, but happy enough.

I have two other 9mm's, a full sized Canik TP9, and the aforementioned Taurus PT111 G2. It's my carry pistol. I won't mind having another one at all....

and, if I feel the "need" for another .45, that's my excuse to get a commander sized Ruger 1911.... :cool:

I'm a big fan of the 9mm.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Here in America we can shoot the caliber our military uses, that isn't true all over the world, which helps us keep the cost down.
the nine is fine

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Here in America we can shoot the caliber our military uses, that isn't true all over the world, which helps us keep the cost down.
the nine is fine
Eventually, I plan of purchasing a full size 9mm that holds 17 + 1. I personally don't feel the need to buy a .45, especially with the cost of ammo. I really like the 9mm.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Eventually, I plan of purchasing a full size 9mm that holds 17 + 1. I personally don't feel the need to buy a .45, especially with the cost of ammo. I really like the 9mm.
I prefer the 9mm for most of my shooting, as well.

I have decided to keep my .45, flaws and all. It has been utterly dependable for me, and is a high capacity 45.
The only foreseeable time I would use it for self defense would be in a dire, end of the world as we know it scenario. In that scenario, the least of my worries would be a jailhouse lawyer trying to put me in jail.

I do see a possibility of carrying it while hunting, as the .45 would work well on deer or pigs at 50yds or so (as if I could shoot accurately at that distance, anyway :rolleyes: ) But it would be good for a close shot if one presented itself.

The 9mm would not be nearly as effective in that scenario, I don't think.

For my concealed carry for self defense, I think I will be completely served by my 9mm and my .380....

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Yes, gun safety and common sense are critical for gun owners! I'll never forget reading about a 29-year-old mother who was accidentally shot and killed by her 2-year-old son inside a Walmart in Idaho. She was shopping with three children in the electronics section when the 2-year-old apparently reached into her purse that was still in the shopping cart and pulled out a handgun. At nearly point-blank range, the trigger was pulled by the boy and the mother was struck with the bullet and died at the scene. :(

Just recently in a city not far from where I live, a victim and his 6 year old brother were playing with a firearm at their home and the victim received minor injuries in what they described as an accidental shooting. Thank God for only minor injuries in this case! Guess who will be in trouble with the police? Not the child, but the GUN ONWER!
My wife refuses to have a gun in the house because a cousin was killed by a child finding a gun and playing with it.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I am looking at a Ruger P95. It is a 9mm gun holding 17 bullets in the magazine. I like to target shoot. Keep in mind that the police around the world use 9mm or 40 calibca guns. Almost the sames size. 9mm guns and amo are slightly cheaper than 40 caliber and significantly cheaper than other calibers. Their popularity causes manufactumanu to make more of them lowering their price accordingly.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I am looking at a Ruger P95. It is a 9mm gun holding 17 bullets in the magazine. I like to target shoot. Keep in mind that the police around the world use 9mm or 40 calibca guns. Almost the sames size. 9mm guns and amo are slightly cheaper than 40 caliber and significantly cheaper than other calibers. Their popularity causes manufactumanu to make more of them lowering their price accordingly.
Ruger P95's are really nice, solid pistols. Their only drawback, if you consider it one, is that they are a little heavier than the striker fired polymer framed pistols.

But they are built tank-tough, and are usually more accurate than most people can appreciate.

Ruger has made a gazillion of them.... very nice pistols. If you are not dead set on a new one, I would cruise the gun shops and the pawn shops and find a really nice used one. Ruger also has superior customer service.

Dec 12, 2013
I like my Ruger 9 holds 16 plus 1 and is fairly compact and as smooth as........have had no issues with it jamming.....

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Built Great, great company, made hear, can't think of a negative.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
My wife refuses to have a gun in the house because a cousin was killed by a child finding a gun and playing with it.

Where do you keep your guns Endoscopy? Guns can be safely stored in the house. I had foster kids in California and Oklahoma, and they were very strict on having the guns properly locked up.
:cool:

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017

Where do you keep your guns Endoscopy? Guns can be safely stored in the house. I had foster kids in California and Oklahoma, and they were very strict on having the guns properly locked up.
:cool:

I understand that but must respect my wife's wishes due to the severe emotional trauma she went through. I don't own a gun but rent one when I go to a range to target shoot. I love that picture.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Using reason leads to reasonable decisions, using emotion leads to emotional decisions.
If a miscreant kicks in the door to come in and do harm he will probably not listen to the emotional decision
for not doing what a reasonable person would do to protect themselves and their family.
I see many, many men forsaking the leadership role in the family and acquiescing to the emotional response of the bride
in such things. It was never to be that way.
Why isn't the bride respecting the husbands wishes to have the bride and family safe and sound by taking these reasonable precautions?
I hear this all too often.
blessings

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I understand that but must respect my wife's wishes due to the severe emotional trauma she went through. I don't own a gun but rent one when I go to a range to target shoot. I love that picture.
My wife didn't want guns in the house either, due to a childhood trauma she went through.

So I respected her wishes.

Until a big brown bear almost broke into our house and I called the sheriff and 45 minutes later they still hadn't shown up.

I had a Louisville slugger to protect my family with against a brown bear. And a telephone.

So I brought a firearm into the house. I assured my wife that the kids were safe as they couldn't rack the slide. So, regardless of whether they were ever able to get their hands on it they couldn't hurt each other with it. (I always kept the chamber empty) I figured peace of mind was better than the 1/2 sec it would take to rack the slide.

Kids are all grown and out of the house now. They all have guns of their own and enjoy shooting.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
A teaching I heard years ago from Chuck Swindoll seems to apply to this thread.
He stated that in ALL his years in ministry he noticed if the couple had intimate relations before
marriage sometime during the marriage the female will try to take the leadership role in
the marriage. The "sexual revolution" in America seems to have lead to many of us making the
mistake and now we have emasculated males who have lost the leadership position. Our G-d is a G-d of restoration,
healing, and renewal, the leadership role can be reclaimed to the safety of the family and the glory of G-d.
Repentance will need to come first.
Personally I would rather a 12 gauge slug and great hearing protection if killing a bear in the kitchen or living room.
blessings

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
A teaching I heard years ago from Chuck Swindoll seems to apply to this thread.
He stated that in ALL his years in ministry he noticed if the couple had intimate relations before
marriage sometime during the marriage the female will try to take the leadership role in
the marriage. The "sexual revolution" in America seems to have lead to many of us making the
mistake and now we have emasculated males who have lost the leadership position. Our G-d is a G-d of restoration,
healing, and renewal, the leadership role can be reclaimed to the safety of the family and the glory of G-d.
Repentance will need to come first.
Personally I would rather a 12 gauge slug and great hearing protection if killing a bear in the kitchen or living room.
blessings
Living in Sarasota Florida subdivision there are no bears. However alligators have wandered and ended up in people's pools. Also those living near a wooded area get snakes including rattlers. A friend many years ago came home to find a pigmy rattler coiled up in front of his door. These occasions are rare thank the Lord

D

Depleted

Living in Sarasota Florida subdivision there are no bears. However alligators have wandered and ended up in people's pools. Also those living near a wooded area get snakes including rattlers. A friend many years ago came home to find a pigmy rattler coiled up in front of his door. These occasions are rare thank the Lord
You'd shoot a snake in your house?

Despite being no lady, all I can picture is "who is cleaning up that mess and fixing the holes?"

If a snake comes in my home, first I'd shoo hubby out of the room, then identify it. Chances are good, it's not venomous. If not, I'd pick it up and toss it outside.

If it is, I'm knocking the biggest bookcase we have on him. Shoot it? I might miss. Bookcases don't miss. (And there is less blood and no holes in the floor.) lol

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
If we had that, hubby would shoo me out of the room, and next thing you know the fire trucks are coming. lol
What would the fire trucks find once they got there: cinders probably. Depleted I loved you photo, I captured it and put it into my folders. I noticed we both had Romans 8:28 as a logo: so here is one for you.:cool: