The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Got the mortar today, pictures will be coming lord willing.
best wishes

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
According to Jesus, "and then, in that day, you will need a sword".

Soon there will come a time when there will be no war anymore, till then we will be His hands and feet in this world.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I see new Colt Python is out, anyone plan on adding it to the collection?
i'm partial to revolvers myself.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
My latest acquisition is not a Wrangler, although I will likely get one soon, but the Taurus TX22.. 17 round magazine(s), striker fired, fixed barrel. What's not to like?
Mine has been 100% flawless with high velocity and standard velocity so far. The only ammo that wouldn't cycle properly was the remnants of an old bulk box of either Rem or Winch... but that stuff was pure :poop:... it would misfire in my bolt action rifles.
Every other ammo I've tried so far has been 100%... and it's pretty accurate. It might be the perfect "kit" gun, weighing 17oz.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am reading a book about Columbine at the moment. The mum wrote it about her son who with another boy shot and killed 15 other students and a teacher, including himself. they also had pipe bombs and were planning to blow up the whole school.

It is absolutely shocking reading about it even 30 years later. They made a video about how they were planning to do it. The mum was anti-gun but the boys somehow obtained the guns through friends. they were 15 at the time.

I havent yet finished the book but it is really sad. Why would he do this? Why was he so angry? Not just the ones who were killed but 25 were injured and the whole school traumatised.

And then the same thing happened in some other schools in america.
and last year there was a massive shooting in Christchurch nz at a mosque.

I cant fathom it but I want to know why people would do this. Its not like they shooting animals for food.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
years ago, there was a gunman on the loose in .aramoana and he killed 13 people. Just random. They had on the radio and I remember everyone being terrified even though we were nowhere near Aramoana.

I dont think anybody knew why someone would go crazy and shoot people. But still, someone had access to a gun and went nuts. if he hadnt had a gun would he have killed as many people? I dont know. I dont think he would have gathered lots of stones and just start throwing them.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
50 people died on christchurch...in two locations, plus many more injured, entire town trautmatised, schools in lockdown. The gunman had five guns and was part of a gun club, the gun shop owners said there was nothing out of the ordinary about him. His trial is set for June.

the guy is. a white supremacist and pleaded not guilty. He streamed his initial shooting live on facebook.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
That is a good point, it wan't the firearm, it was the person, years ago a study was done between Vancouver, B.C. and Seattle, Washington, the rates of violence were pretty much the same, in the U.S. more firearms were used, in Canada it was knives and other weapons, as firearms are restricted there, yet the adversary attempts to deceive people that is the inanimate object that does the harm. I see rumblings about banning knives etc, blaming the inanimate object for the evil intention the person has given over too. The devil has been very successful in conning people into thinking he is not the cause.
If we are His and are watching as He instructed us to do, we know that in these days as He is pouring out His Spirit more than He ever has, His people will be getting better and better, the adversaries will be getting worse ans worse, and then in these days we will "need a sword" or the means to protect ones own.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Wow and double wow, 17 rounds of 22, I am a big believer in the 22, every animal on the face of the earth has been taken by a 22 and some time or other, and recoil being nearly non existent and penetration being great I believe it to be a valid self defense application.
Looked it up-https://taurustx22.com/

Thanks and blessings in Jesus name, great to see you again Hornet Guy.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mmm I dunno, shall we start a bomb thread then for bomb enthusiasts?
I mean the purpose of bombs is not to destroy anything right? They just look really cool.

som much fun playing round with them. Its not like anyone gets hurt by them ay?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Start whatever you want, this thread was for those Christians who enjoy a sport and/or hobby that is an inalienable right for a citizen, a "subject" may not or will not grasp this.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
oh well

I just find it quite disturbing that you people are so enthused about guns.

I guess you havent had to bury anyone or go to anyones funeral who was killed by one at random.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
inalieable?

Is that a word.

Bomb thread, gun thread, alcohol and drugs thread...Im sure heaps people use drugs as a hobby and dont think drugs are harmful if used....responsibly.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in paper today, lady who was friends with an american guy who shot and killed 58 people on a murderous rampage in Las Vegas concert...she had to leave the country as she was so ashamed of not being able to do anything to stop him...and he was a gun enthusianst who just had guns as a hobby.

she was arrested in nz for having an imitation handgun in her handbag at a shopping mall.

yea dont bring your shootem mentality to our country please. we have enough problems with gun nuts.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
" and then in that day, you will need a sword"
best wishes

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"yea dont bring your shootem mentality to our country please. we have enough problems with gun nuts."
a pretty non christian view of the world if we are truly His.