The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
If it were offered to me, I would purchase it, they have a very good trigger out of the box, be careful on the first round, Ruger's tend to have a heavy trigger, you will be surprised.
Thanks for the info

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Susanna, it is great to see you here contributing, and I see you are a veteran, thank you for your service.
I have trusted the Glock, grandson and I are building a couple from the 80% polymer frames.
I know there is a "plug" type device one can put in the trigger guard that is easily pushed out when the firearm is drawn.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1331447841

S

Susanna

Susanna, it is great to see you here contributing, and I see you are a veteran, thank you for your service.
I have trusted the Glock, grandson and I are building a couple from the 80% polymer frames.
I know there is a "plug" type device one can put in the trigger guard that is easily pushed out when the firearm is drawn.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1331447841
This is a very good thing to do as well for a Glock owner. Safety first.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
last i heard Browning stones the trigger parts for a really great trigger, I swapped 22's with a friend of mine at the the range, when my Browning went of in his hand he went "Man, this thing it's safe, it's so light on the trigger!", unlike his Ruger that was like bumper jack. lol!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
i'm looking into sights for the glock 19 for a build and really like the fiber optics, any suggestions?

S

Susanna

last i heard Browning stones the trigger parts for a really great trigger, I swapped 22's with a friend of mine at the the range, when my Browning went of in his hand he went "Man, this thing it's safe, it's so light on the trigger!", unlike his Ruger that was like bumper jack. lol!
Lesson learned😁. I suppose he goes lightly on the trigger the next time.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, he was new, only had owned Ruger's, nothing with a really good trigger.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
So here is a thread for general talk about guns, gun accessories, and gun-related hobbies.

Anybody have gun-related New Years resolutions?
Guns should not be used, what america should do is get rid of all the guns, because a lot of people are not using them wisely.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
while we are at it, let's prevent easily duped people from using computers

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
just saw this for a 80% polymer pistol build-

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
MailmanDan- How is that new Glock running?
It's running very well. My son and I took some target practice with our new Glocks the other day and are both very satisfied with them! Low recoil, accurate and smooth. (y)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
My son wants to buy this gun for his wife next. It has a very easy slide. My wife wants a revolver next.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I looked at this one as well at the local shop, (Gabes) it has a LOT going for it in my estimation, and it would be a first choice if I didn't have too many now! ha! Just got a used 5904 that I like a alot, it has an exposed hammer , and being "old school" that is a feature I like.
https://www.genitron.com/Handgun/Smith-Wesson/Pistol/5904/9-mm/Variant-1

the 380 EZ is also great and very similar, and being even easier to rack and smaller to conceal, she may be even happier with it, 380 I believe will always be a little higher cost than 9mm if that is a consideration, looking forward to 9mm being abundant again. Thinking of starting to reload 9mm on the dillon 550. I like the "ears" on the 9mm EZ as well to help rack the slide.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The grip safety looks to be a plus as well on the 9mm EZ, the front serrations, only holds 8, but at our age we only need one or two to hit the target!BTW, I like your excellent taste in firearms.(y)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Lifetime warranty from S&W as well.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I still have a Stevens (Savage) Model 87T 22 rifle. It has a one piece stock that is broken between the trigger guard and the first screw. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?