The Gun & Weapon Enthusiasts Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 5, 2017
Hey I'm just trying to adds a little humour in. Anyway, where are these people who don't live in America that come here and support the American dream of gun ownership? I don't see them.

Plus, surely this is a democracy. If I think the glorification of weapons doesn't belong here surely I'm allowed to act on that, as long as I'm not aggressive or abusive?

As for everything you are saying, I think snide is the word for your tone.

With your "command" of rhetoric and debate, I have no doubt you can illuminate all of us Americans as to how every other person in the world thinks. I for one look forward to seeing what you have to say. I am quite literally on the edge of my seat waiting for you to share your insights.

No need to be bashful now. I appreciate you finding a picture that you think looks like me, and while I am flattered, there's really no need. If you want to flirt with me, let's do that over PM so we don't make other people jealous. This thread is for you to pontificate and educate. Keep your focus.

Feb 5, 2017
Dude the cold war is over.

History repeats itself, and to trust your govt with your life is the same mistake the Chinese, Germans, Russians, Cubans, Lybians, etc, etc, etc....

America won't have that problem, if tomorrow my govt. says "kill all the Christians", good luck... we can fight back... We learned from the jews, you can't trust your govt. with your life... It's sad we had to learn from that, but we take it to heart.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Well, it was a valiant attempt, Zeroturbulance.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Dude the cold war is over.
I have my military for threats of other countries...
I have my guns for threats from mine.

Uganda established gun control in 1970, from 1971-1979 300,000 unarmed Christians were exterminated.

The amount of people killed by their country after the implementation of gun control in just the 20th century, Around 56 million people.

You are more than welcome to become another statistic.... But I know I will not. :)

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Hey I'm just trying to adds a little humour in. Anyway, where are these people who don't live in America that come here and support the American dream of gun ownership? I don't see them.

Plus, surely this is a democracy. If I think the glorification of weapons doesn't belong here surely I'm allowed to act on that, as long as I'm not aggressive or abusive?

As for everything you are saying, I think snide is the word for your tone.
Snide, snarky, cheeky, smart-alec. Al of those describe my tone accurately. Thanks for noticing.

I would not dream of trying to quell a good debate or examination of an issue you feel strongly about, yet I want to ensure you are prepared for the debate you think you want to get into. So far from what I have seen from you, you aren't. You have no position of your own to present, and you rely on distraction, misdirection, and hyperbole to try to make your points.

I really would like to see you present an argument - a well thought out, intelligent, factual argument. You've managed to be the center of attention in this thread, so the onus is on you to carry the conversation. You want to be heard, so be heard. We look forward to what you have to say, supposing you really do have something to say.

Aug 2, 2009
This is what comes to mind when I see these American weapon glorifying threads.

From the Official Christian Chat Rules:

2. No conduct that is offensive or counterproductive to fellowship.

We like to welcome all to Christian Chat, but if anyone is not here for fellowship (or for wanting to know about Christianity), but simply for disrupting fellowship, offending people, whatever, then that person is not welcome.

Rules - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Hey guys. Let's talk your favorite British guns!

Mine is the Lee-Enfield. Tried it my first time at the range. Been in love ever since.

Though mass-produced, it had the elegance of an artisan's piece. Everything about it just seemed to go together. The opposite extreme of the highly-customizable AR-15.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I have buddies who swear by the Brown Bess.

Aug 2, 2009
The only british gun I know of is the sten gun, but they're not very impressive.

Feb 24, 2015
Death from guns

The most likely use of a gun in death is by suicide. 2/3 of deaths from guns are suicides.

I suppose you could call gun ownership a quick euthanasia program.
Easy to apply, less traumatic than jumping off a bridge or in front of a train etc.

Now the argument goes, it is just a hobby putting lead down a range, seeing how well you
can put a hole in an object a few hundred yards away.

And this is really a christian discussion forum issue? Hey my uzzy is better than my 50 cal
snipers rifle that cost $4,000 to put holes in a can. Hey I can do that with a hammer no
problems.....

Aug 2, 2009
And just to set the record straight... This is what american gun owners really look like...

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It has a respectable history, but I don't like them either.

Submachine guns in general are not my cup of tea. I think modern SBR's and practical pistol carbines have turned them all into museum pieces and range babies.

The only british gun I know of is the sten gun, but they're not very impressive.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Most gun owners I know look something like this.

gunowner.jpg

Inconspicuous. Mild-mannered. Hum-drum.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
Death from guns

The most likely use of a gun in death is by suicide. 2/3 of deaths from guns are suicides.

I suppose you could call gun ownership a quick euthanasia program.
Easy to apply, less traumatic than jumping off a bridge or in front of a train etc.

Now the argument goes, it is just a hobby putting lead down a range, seeing how well you
can put a hole in an object a few hundred yards away.

And this is really a christian discussion forum issue? Hey my uzzy is better than my 50 cal
snipers rifle that cost $4,000 to put holes in a can. Hey I can do that with a hammer no
problems.....
Please direct your posts to the gun rights thread. As stated in the OP, this thread is not intended for debating.

click here:

http://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/141586-gun-rights-against.html

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I wish every gun owner looked like Kirsten Joy Weiss, though :p

Aug 2, 2009
J

Jennie-Mae

I think single action revolvers are fun. They look good too. Especially the blued Ruger Vaquero. Western style, handles good and comfortable grip. I sound like a commercial lol.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
You've beaten the Vacquero drum so consistently and ably, even I am starting to wonder what I'm missing. :p

I think single action revolvers are fun. They look good too. Especially the blued Ruger Vaquero. Western style, handles good and comfortable grip. I sound like a commercial lol.

J

Jennie-Mae

This is what comes to mind when I see these American weapon glorifying threads.

It's not about glorifying guns. It's about freedom. And America is not the only place you can own guns. I'm currently living in Scandinavia, and I can purchase rifles, hand guns, semi automatics and whatnot here.