The hatred of Jews

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Then you are not listening.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

If your going to say the end was in the first century,
then what year in the first century was the end when Jesus came?

When was the end?
I am listening quite well thank you very much, I trust the words of Jesus. :)

Dec 27, 2018
I am listening quite well thank you very much, I trust the words of Jesus. :)
So what year in the first century was the end when Jesus came?

Was there even a single witness that the end came in the first century ?

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Dec 27, 2018
Jesus is speaking directly to.people who would be listening at the time of this end he is speaking of.

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
So what year in the first century was the end when Jesus came?

Was there even a single witness that the end came in the first century ?

You know what is a liberating endeavor, it is forcing oneself to examine a doctrine one has been told is wrong only to find it it was actually correct.
I will leave it there, we all have so much within our reach.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Lord.Jesus will save who he wants and the rest will burn.

Not going to jump in the pool on the other one. But where did this idea come that God saves who He wants? The Bible says whoever believes on Him will be saved.

Dec 27, 2018
Not going to jump in the pool on the other one. But where did this idea come that God saves who He wants? The Bible says whoever believes on Him will be saved.
The false prophets who come in Jesus name believe.You believe those false prophets will be saved or cast into a lake of fire as God has said?
I believe God will keep his word.

Revelation 14:9-10
A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,
they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Mathew 5:29
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy is members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Dec 27, 2018

Sure doesn't sound like this servant of Jesus is being saved.And this servant goes so far as to call Jesus his Lord.

Mathew 24

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Dec 27, 2018
Here is a bunch of people the Lord doesn't save.And he doesn't have to.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth

Consumed as they stand on their feet.Thats fast.Dont even have time to hit the ground it happens to some so fast.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Here is a bunch of people the Lord doesn't save.And he doesn't have to.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth

Consumed as they stand on their feet.Thats fast.Dont even have time to hit the ground it happens to some so fast.
Ah yes, human firewood. He just grabs a few to toss into hell every once in a while. :rolleyes:

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Sure doesn't sound like this servant of Jesus is being saved.And this servant goes so far as to call Jesus his Lord.

Mathew 24

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

You didn't answer the question.

Dec 27, 2018
Ah yes, human firewood. He just grabs a few to toss into hell every once in a while. :rolleyes:
No,there's going to be quite a few tossed in at the same time.
Dont you read the bible?

Mathew 13:41-42
The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.
They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Sep 22, 2013

Every word in scripture is written for us, but not every word was written to us. When we strip out that important distinction we slide down the slippery slope of error.

What is Messiah saying in the two verses you shared?

Let's break this down:

1) You will be hated by all men on account of me.

2) But he that endures until the end shall be saved.

3) When they persecute you in this city....go to the next.

4) Because, truly...

5) You will not have gone through all the cities of Israel tiil the Son of man has come.

-----

We have two words translated as until/till, but both are different Greek words. The first word "until" is Eis (i.e., "to"), and the second word translated as "till" is heos and is also translated as "before", so what is the Messiah plainly saying?

"You'll be hated by everyone but whoever endures to the end will be saved. So when they persecute you in this city, go to the next because you will not have gone through all the cities of Israel before the Son of man comes."

When we keep the context that the Messiah is speaking to His disciples about their mission, the clear message is that there will be plenty of cities to flee to when the persecution starts because they're not going to get to them all; The Messiah will be here before that happens.

Truly, the disciples never got to all the cities of Israel before dying...and they endured in the faith until their end, and as a reward, they will be saved [from death] when the Messiah comes, rising first. Then we who are alive and remain will follow.

And what we the reader can take from these instructions is still an important truth: Followers of Messiah will be hated so whoever endures in the faith until the end will be saved. However, the rest of the instructions don't apply to any end-time saint living outside of Israel unless we spiritualize and start redefining terms like "cities of Israel" and "Israel".

I live in the USA. So unless we were to redefine this country as "spiritual Israel" those instructions don't apply to me.

Now, can these instructions also apply to modern-day believers living in the land today, sure! And they're especially relevant to Palestinian Christians being slaughtered by Israelis daily. But Messiah's instructions were to His disciples of the 1st century.

Sep 22, 2013
You will know when the abomination of desolation is placed in Jerusalem by the United states armed forces.The people who are in Jerusalem will suddenly be consumed as they stand on their feet.Thats how you will know.The only people who are not consumed are them who are saved.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
But Zechariah 14:12 doesn't say that those IN Jerusalem will be consumed. It says that those who fought AGAINST Jerusalem will be consumed. Those in Jerusalem are being protected in the passage, not judged. So if you believe there's a pending AOD, we can't use Zech 14:12 as proof text.

Truth be told, I also believe those currently controlling Jerusalem will be burnt up. Are they abominable? Indeed they are. But not as apostate Israel, but as the fulfillment of Edom pretending to be Israel just like Jacob pretended to be Esau.

----

Remember that Esau rejected his birthright, so it was promised to Jacob...however, once again in trying to force a promise (like mankind does), Jacob listened to his mother and lied to Isaac to steal the birthright & blessing from Esau. Unnecessary.

These sins still had to be punished. The scales had to be balanced because The Almighty's law says an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

When the children of Israel were obedient they were referred to as "Israel" but when they were living in disobedience they were referred to as "Jacob". So when the people began suffering through their great tribulation, also known as "'Jacob's' trouble", during their punishment (i.e., their persecution, scattering into the nations, and worshiping of false religions - like Islam - after losing their identity), they also had to have their birthright & blessings stolen from them by Edomites pretending to be Israelites. The Law must be satisfied. Always.

Hence the passages in Revelation that say in the end times, there would be people who say they are Jews but who are not and who do lie (Rev 2.9 & 3.9).

----

Several passages prophesy that judgment will fall on Edom; they are a people doomed for destruction (i.e., sons of perdition). You can read Obadiah 1 for a prophecy of them burning up and read Ezekiel 35 & 36 for a prophecy of them being doomed because of their violence against their brother Jacob.