Goodness knows that people always seem to be discussing what is "wrong" with the Bible here, and, I suppose, that is to be expected. But there must be room on this Forum Page for a thread discussing what is "right" or "good" about the Bible. I'm hoping that we can do this...........but, who knows? There are always detractors.........Anyway, I thought we could offer our opinions of what we find "good" about the Word of God.......the Holy Bible. No specific format.....just our thoughts.
To start, I want to look at the word "strength," and see what Scriptures offer to us........
Psalms 28:7) The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Isaiah 12:2) Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Isaiah 40:29) He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
1st Corinthians 1:25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Ephesians 3:16) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 .) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 .) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 .) And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Colossians 1:10) That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 .) Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 12 .) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
2nd Thessalonians 3:3) But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
1st Peter 4:11) If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
You may choose any word/thought you wish to expound upon..............what you receive from reading the Holy Bible.
God bless.........
To start, I want to look at the word "strength," and see what Scriptures offer to us........
Psalms 28:7) The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Isaiah 12:2) Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Isaiah 40:29) He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
1st Corinthians 1:25) Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Ephesians 3:16) That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 .) That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 .) May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 .) And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Colossians 1:10) That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 .) Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; 12 .) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
2nd Thessalonians 3:3) But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
1st Peter 4:11) If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
You may choose any word/thought you wish to expound upon..............what you receive from reading the Holy Bible.
God bless.........