The Holy Spirit is Jesus.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Amen! Then you have certain cults like the Worldwide church of God (Armstrongism) which teaches that the Holy Spirit is not a person in the Godhead, but instead is God's power, which does God's will. A disembodied force, like electricity or radio waves.
So true. I was a member of the WWCOG before I became born again. It's one of the main reasons I can't abide legalism and hypocrites.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
People still think the HS is Jesus? How can this be?

1. The HS entered Jesus
2. The HS Spoke to Jesus
3. The HS is the one who did all the miracles. Through Jesus
4. The HS spoke through Jesus
5. Jesus said he would send the HS after he left.

Just a few issues, if they are one and the same person, the above truths could not be true.
If they are two different persons, then we have a lot more issues; it means two different Gods, violating the most basic law.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
What do they need to know and believe to have the TRUE GOSPEL?
1 Corinthians 15:3-8 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
3-8 For I passed on to you Corinthians first of all the message I had myself received—that Christ died for our sins, as the scriptures said he would; that he was buried and rose again on the third day, again as the scriptures foretold. He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve, and subsequently he was seen simultaneously by over five hundred Christians, of whom the majority are still alive, though some have since died. He was then seen by James, then by all the messengers. And last of all, as if to one born abnormally late, he appeared to me!

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
If they are two different persons, then we have a lot more issues; it means two different Gods, violating the most basic law.
You are misrepresenting the doctrine of the Trinity. A straw man with no merit.

Go back and read the posts from Bowman's outline of the trinity, all of it and check the scriptures for yourself.

You need only google historical definition of the Trinity to see that it is three persons within one being known as God.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
You are misrepresenting the doctrine of the Trinity. A straw man with no merit.

Go back and read the posts from Bowman's outline of the trinity, all of it and check the scriptures for yourself.

You need only google historical definition of the Trinity to see that it is three persons within one being known as God.
There's no such thing as three persons in one being just like there can never be a square circle.

Q. Is Jesus one person in one being and one God by Himself?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Think about this. You can shoot me down if you like and I will not mind. It is only a suggestion that I thought of while watching the TV program "Undercover Boss."

In the program the CEO created the company by his will. (The Holy Spirit)
As the head of the company he is 'father' to those who work for him. (The Father)
When the CEO changes appearance and name and goes as a new starter he is like the (Son) even though he existed from the beginning.

All the time the CEO is SPIRIT (Creator). All the time he is FATHER. And when he leaves his grand office (heaven) and goes among his people having a different appearance and name he is like the SON. But all the time He is ONE CEO.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Think about this. You can shoot me down if you like and I will not mind. It is only a suggestion that I thought of while watching the TV program "Undercover Boss."

In the program the CEO created the company by his will. (The Holy Spirit)
As the head of the company he is 'father' to those who work for him. (The Father)
When the CEO changes appearance and name and goes as a new starter he is like the (Son) even though he existed from the beginning.

All the time the CEO is SPIRIT (Creator). All the time he is FATHER. And when he leaves his grand office (heaven) and goes among his people having a different appearance and name he is like the SON. But all the time He is ONE CEO.
Sorry but this is not an explanation of three persons in one being, it is an explanation of one person in three modes or titles.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Sorry but this is not an explanation of three persons in one being, it is an explanation of one person in three modes or titles.
As the hymn says, "GOD IN THREE PERSONS."

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
As the hymn says, "GOD IN THREE PERSONS."
But the bible never says that and your explanation is not for three persons in one being.
Where exactly did this idea of three persons in one being come from?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
But the bible never says that and your explanation is not for three persons in one being.
Where exactly did this idea of three persons in one being come from?
The Bible says God is ONE. The idea of three persons in ONE God, comes from the fact that the ONE God is FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
The Bible says God is ONE. The idea of three persons in ONE God, comes from the fact that the ONE God is FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT.
Why not, one person, three titles like you have explained? The bible never says three persons in one being.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Why not, one person, three titles like you have explained? The bible never says three persons in one being.
RED: That is what I believe. One omnipresent, co-eternal God with three titles or active roles.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Jesus said who Holy Spirit is in Matthew.

Mat 10:20  It won't be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father
speaking through you.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"The one unpardonable sin...also has attributes of subtle but profound recognition
for which often is overshadowed by shallow thinking...the depth of 'Spirit' has confused
and bewildered the minds of the most wise...for outside of the worldly realm... unknown mysteries,
are just that...unknown."
'Praise God'

Attachments

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
RED: That is what I believe. One omnipresent, co-eternal God with three titles or active roles.
Then you are definitely not a trinitarian because trinity proposes three persons in one being.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Jesus said who Holy Spirit is in Matthew.

Mat 10:20  It won't be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
But is Jesus one person in one being and one God by Himself?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Then you are definitely not a trinitarian because trinity proposes three persons in one being.
Well... I believe:-
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Joh 1:1 KJV)

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (Joh 1:14 KJV)