The Holy Spirit through Paul said that enemies of the Cross are declared in Philippians 3:18-19 to have their end in destruction.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
Romans 6 - Sanctification

“1 What shall we say then? (This is meant to direct attention to Rom. 5:20.) Shall we continue in sin, that Grace may abound? (Just because Grace is greater than sin doesn’t mean that the Believer has a license to sin.)

2 God forbid (presents Paul’s answer to the question, “Away with the thought, let not such a thing occur”). How shall we, who are dead to sin (dead to the sin nature), live any longer therein? (This portrays what the Believer is now in Christ.)

3 Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ (plainly says that this Baptism is into Christ and not water [I Cor. 1:17; 12:13; Gal. 3:27; Eph. 4:5; Col. 2:11-13])were baptized into His Death? (When Christ died on the Cross, in the Mind of God, we died with Him; in other words, He became our Substitute, and our identification with Him in His Death gives us all the benefits for which He died; the idea is that He did it all for us!)

4 Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death (not only did we die with Him, but we were buried with Him as well, which means that all the sin and transgression of the past were buried; when they put Him in the Tomb, they put all of our sins into that Tomb as well): that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the Glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (we died with Him, we were buried with Him, and His Resurrection was our Resurrection to a “Newness of Life”).

5 For if we have been planted together (with Christ) in the likeness of His Death (Paul proclaims the Cross as the instrument through which all Blessings come; consequently, the Cross must ever be the Object of our Faith, which gives the Holy Spirit latitude to work within our lives), we shall be also in the likeness of His Resurrection (we can have the “likeness of His Resurrection,” i.e., “live this Resurrection Life,” only as long as we understand the “likeness of His Death,” which refers to the Cross as the Means by which all of this is done):

“6 Knowing this, that our old man is Crucified with Him (all that we were before conversion), that the body of sin might be destroyed (the power of the sin nature made ineffective), that henceforth we should not serve sin (the guilt of sin is removed at conversion, because the sin nature no longer rules within our hearts and lives).

7 For he who is dead (He was our Substitute, and in the Mind of God, we died with Him upon Believing Faith) is freed from sin (set free from the bondage of the sin nature).

8 Now if we be dead with Christ (once again pertains to the Cross, and our being Baptized into His Death), we believe that we shall also live with Him (have Resurrection Life, which is more Abundant Life [Jn. 10:10]):

JSM
There was a typo in verse 5 notes corrected.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Chew on Romans 6! Meditate on Romans 6 daily!
Romans 7 & 8 coming soon.
Spare us. Nobody here wants Swaggart's (mis)interpretation of Scripture.

You really don't get the concept of "discussion". I hate to think what you're like in real life.

Sep 3, 2016
For a believer in Christ, how does faith in the 'finished work of Christ' equate to a method of living for God? I don't remember Paul teaching that.
When you live by the FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD (the measure/portion of Faith given when we were born-again) and believe you are CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST [Gal. 2:20] you have the privilege to call God Father. This is why we take up our own cross daily and receive all the benefits of this resurrection life.

No other way can we be found in Him (Jesus Christ), not having my own righteousness, which is from the Law, but that which is through Faith in Christ, the Righteousness which is from God by Faith; Phil. 3:9

AT THE CROSS IS WHERE THE VICTORY WAS WON, it allows the Holy Spirit to carry out God's prescribed order of victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Once all hope of the flesh dies then can you deny yourself and take up your cross daily. Once the path of faith in Jesus Christ and Him Crucified is abandoned, the judgement of the Child of God becomes faulty; an old sin is an easy sin.

“DISCIPLESHIP - Luke 14:25-27

25 And there went great multitudes with Him (proclaims Him having left the home of this Pharisee, and now continuing His journey toward Jerusalem): and He turned, and said unto them (He was anxious now, at the end, clearly to make it known to all these multitudes what serving Him really signified),

26 If any man come to Me (no exceptions), and hate (prefer) not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also (no affection, however strong, must be permitted to compete with or displace Christ), he cannot be My Disciple (once again, no exceptions!).

27 And whosoever does not bear his Cross (this doesn’t speak of suffering as most think, but rather ever making the Cross of Christ the Object of our Faith; we are Saved and we are victorious not by suffering, although that sometimes will happen, or any other similar things, but rather by our Faith, but always with the Cross of Christ as the Object of that Faith), and come after Me (one can follow Christ only by Faith in what He has done for us at the Cross; He recognizes nothing else), cannot be My Disciple (the statement is emphatic!; if it’s not Faith in the Cross of Christ, then it’s faith that God will not recognize, which means that such people are refused [I Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Rom. 6:3-14; 8:1-2, 11, 13; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15]).

DISCIPLESHIP - Luke 9:23-24

And he said to them all, If any man will come after Me (the criteria for Discipleship), let him deny himself (not asceticism as many think, but rather that one denies one's own willpower, self-will, strength, and ability, depending totally on Christ), and take up his cross (the benefits of the Cross, looking exclusively to what Jesus did there to meet our every need) daily (this is so important, our looking to the Cross; that we must renew our Faith in what Christ has done for us, even on a daily basis, for Satan will ever try to move us away from the Cross as the Object of our Faith, which always spells disaster), and follow Me (Christ can be followed only by the Believer looking to the Cross, understanding what it accomplished, and by that means alone [Rom. 6:3-5, 11, 14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 3:14-15]). Luke 9:23

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it (try to live one's life outside of Christ and the Cross): but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it (when we place our Faith entirely in Christ and the Cross, looking exclusively to Him, we have just found "more Abundant Life" [John 10:10]). Luke 9:24

As far as trying to do something as it concerns taking up the Cross daily, we are to do nothing. In fact, it was already done at Calvary some two thousand years ago. On a daily basis, we should reinforce our Faith in Christ and what He has done for us at the Cross (Rom. 6:3-5; 8:2, Gal. 2:20-21, Col. 2:10-15). This is the "Truth" which we must learn, act upon, and continue to act upon, which guarantees the help of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus also said:

John 6:53 - "Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood (i.e., the Cross, i.e., The Finished Work), you have no life in you," (presents the demand that caused "many of His Disciples to go back, and walk no more with Him" [John 6:66]. It does the same presently! This Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you.)

John 6:66 - From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walk no more with Him.

(Access granted - Mark 15:38, Hebrews 9:3) - The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
2. The Cross is the means by which all blessings are given.
3. The object of our faith must be Christ and the Cross.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.

JSM

The Cross of Christ is synonymous with the same meaning as the Lamb of God, the Blood of Jesus, the Finished Work, Crucified with Christ, in Christ, baptized into Jesus Christ, baptized into His Death, Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, Calvary, planted together in the likeness of His Death, Atonement, and Sacrifice.
Who ever wrote that crap in red needs to repent.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Chew on Romans 6! Meditate on Romans 6 daily!
Romans 7 & 8 coming soon.
Please don't bother, so much of the crap you have posted in red that is added to Romans 6 is so bad I can't imagine how terrible 7&8 will be butchered.

Sep 3, 2016
Who ever wrote that crap in red needs to repent.
Notice out of the Seven Churches only One Church had entered into that narrow way. Matthew 7:14

Paul said that ALL the Churches in Asia have forsaken him (because of the Cross). 2 Timothy 1:15

This is why only a Remnant will be saved. See Romans 11

Only one tribe of the twelve tribes of Israel came out from among the Golden Calf worshippers in Exodus 32. The Way of the Cross might feel lonely, but we are never alone!

We March On!
1603052970195.png

Out of 603,550 men who were readied for war that came out of Egypt under the power of God (Numbers 1:44-46), only two took their inheritance; Joshua (a type of Christ) and Caleb (a type of the body of Christ) (Matthew 7:14). There is only one message that changes the body of Christ into the image of Christ, and that is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.

L

lenna

ooh, ok. It's understanding God's Grace from the perspective of the cross. Like the first Christians saw persecution as an opportunity to forgive knowing that forgiving one's persecutors conformed their lives to Christ. They got closer to Jesus. So God's Grace for them was suffering at the hands of evil men. Jesus also went through it. He said when thinking about His final hour : what am I to say? Take this away from me? No God forbid for this is why I am here." I paraphrase. God's Grace even troubled God.

ok

well thinking about it, are you kind of saying that God does give grace in the face of adversary or suffering to go through it?

L

lenna

Where can I find this concept in Scripture, that Satan anoints non-believers?

well you can't

and you won't find an anointing for this stuff from Swaggart either :cautious:

Sep 3, 2016
well you can't

and you won't find an anointing for this stuff from Swaggart either :cautious:
2 Corinthians 11
“14 And no marvel (true Believers should not be surprised); for Satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light. (This means he pretends to be that which he is not.)

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers (Satan’s ministers) also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness (despite their claims, they were “Satan’s ministers” because they preached something other than the Cross [I Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 1:8-9]); whose end shall be according to their works (that “end” is spiritual destruction [Phil. 3:18-19]).”

JSM

These scriptures are pointing to you and others who reject the Cross! Be not deceived by who controls you!

Sep 3, 2016
The question I asked Pastor Curtis:

Bible study question? If the Believer is frustrating grace by their Faith being misplaced; by not placing and maintaining their Faith exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified - will grace continue to much more abound over sin in the life of a Believer?

Pastor Curtis answer:

No sir I do not believe that it will according to Gal 1:6, 5:1-4, and other scriptures. The word “frustrate” means to deny or to set aside. Grace only takes place “through faith”. Grace is God doing something in, for, to, or through someone through their faith. Hope this helps.

To think we need something other than what God has provided for us in Christ and His atoning work at Calvary is to tell God, “The Cross was not enough.” Until the Church returns to faith in the Cross alone, there will be no repentance granted, for repentance can only take place as one acknowledges the Truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26), which is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.

Aug 14, 2019
ok

well thinking about it, are you kind of saying that God does give grace in the face of adversary or suffering to go through it?
The experience of suffering is the Grace, If the reason for my suffering is because of Jesus living in me, my suffering is like His and it lets me see Him more like He is,,,, that is transformative. . ""We will be like Him because we see Him as He is" pp.

L

lenna

The experience of suffering is the Grace, If the reason for my suffering is because of Jesus living in me, my suffering is like His and it lets me see Him more like He is,,,, that is transformative. . ""We will be like Him because we see Him as He is" pp.
do you have a biblical source for that?

L

lenna

2 Corinthians 11
“14 And no marvel (true Believers should not be surprised); for Satan himself is transformed into an Angel of light. (This means he pretends to be that which he is not.)

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers (Satan’s ministers) also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness (despite their claims, they were “Satan’s ministers” because they preached something other than the Cross [I Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 1:8-9]); whose end shall be according to their works (that “end” is spiritual destruction [Phil. 3:18-19]).”

JSM

These scriptures are pointing to you and others who reject the Cross! Be not deceived by who controls you!

ditto

be not deceived on who controls you

B

Blackpowderduelist

Notice out of the Seven Churches only One Church had entered into that narrow way. Matthew 7:14

Paul said that ALL the Churches in Asia have forsaken him (because of the Cross). 2 Timothy 1:15

This is why only a Remnant will be saved. See Romans 11

Only one tribe of the twelve tribes of Israel came out from among the Golden Calf worshippers in Exodus 32. The Way of the Cross might feel lonely, but we are never alone!

We March On!
View attachment 222022

Out of 603,550 men who were readied for war that came out of Egypt under the power of God (Numbers 1:44-46), only two took their inheritance; Joshua (a type of Christ) and Caleb (a type of the body of Christ) (Matthew 7:14). There is only one message that changes the body of Christ into the image of Christ, and that is Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.
They weren't abusers of scripture.

Aug 14, 2019
do you have a biblical source for that?
Philipians is describing it. This is Christ sharing His life. A participation as a member of His Body. Here are a couple

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death,

Colossians
I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am completing what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church.

1 Peter
But rejoice insofar as you are sharing Christ’s sufferings, so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed.

Sep 3, 2016
Yes. The Bible says that those who believe are baptized WITH the Holy Spirit by Christ. At the same time the Holy Spirit baptizes believer INTO Christ. And the Holy Spirit then regenerates sinners, and makes the children of God. That is when and how they come to the Father as His children.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor 12:13)
You must understand that there is a great difference in being “born of the Spirit “ than being “Baptized with the Spirit.” They are two different works altogether.

To be "born of the Spirit" is that which took place at your conversion, as the Holy Spirit brought you to Christ and performed the work of regeneration within your heart and life. To be "Baptized with the Spirit" is in order that you may have Power with God (Acts 1:8). Every Believer should ask the Lord to fill them with the Holy Spirit, and expect to receive (Luke 11:13).