The Holy Trinity in the first three verses of the Bible!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2022
Hey David,

Do you feel that there is a correlation between Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? Why only Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? I've always wondered of the connection.
One pastor said on a podcast that this shows church is for all generations, not just grandmas and grandpas! Since it is mentioned somewhere that Israel is God’s firstborn, it also demonstrates the progression of God’s salvation for all mankind, from God to Abraham to Jesus and to all nations.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
One pastor said on a podcast that this shows church is for all generations, not just grandmas and grandpas! Since it is mentioned somewhere that Israel is God’s firstborn, it also demonstrates the progression of God’s salvation for all mankind, from God to Abraham to Jesus and to all nations.
It has to with Spiritual Circumcision, for this is the reason that Abraham is our Father of Faith. The Lord granted the Promise of Spiritual Circumcision, the same Promise to be reserved for all of the Lord's Holy Elect. Somewhere in this ideology is the answer that I'm looking for . . . one day it might become clear to me. So far . . . not so much.

Acts 7:8 NLT - "God also gave Abraham the covenant of circumcision at that time. So when Abraham became the father of Isaac, he circumcised him on the eighth day. And the practice was continued when Isaac became the father of Jacob, and when Jacob became the father of the twelve patriarchs of the Israelite nation."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Didn’t you say there’s a sequence? And the biblical definition of day is originated from this whatsoever.
Yes, there is a sequence, yet Jesus was there at the start, at the very beginning, when the heavens and the earth were formed, which means He cannot have come into being when God said, "Let there be light", even if it were a millisecond later.

Feb 24, 2022
Yes, there is a sequence, yet Jesus was there at the start, at the very beginning, when the heavens and the earth were formed, which means He cannot have come into being when God said, "Let there be light", even if it were a millisecond later.
God DIVIDED the light from darkness, so the light was in the beginning, it was just separated from the darkness later.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
ishmael was abrahams first born also but never received the inheritance of Abraham

“For it is written, that Abraham had two sons,

the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman…. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants;

the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

…Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:22, 24-26, 30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, ( Sinai and the ot law )and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard entreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:18-25‬ ‭

Who spoke from heaven ?
‭‭John‬ ‭3:31-36

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
God DIVIDED the light from darkness, so the light was in the beginning, it was just separated from the darkness later.
You have just made an unsubstantiated assumption.

Yes, God separated the light from the darkness, but that was after He said, "Let there be light". There is nothing in the text to indicate that light existed "at the beginning".

Feb 24, 2022
You have just made an unsubstantiated assumption.

Yes, God separated the light from the darkness, but that was after He said, "Let there be light". There is nothing in the text to indicate that light existed "at the beginning".
That's the shekinah glory, the presence of God. As I said, it began to manifest itself later.

Actually, there's a very important point here, that Gen. 1:1 and 1:4 indicate the universe is not a "closed system" subject to the first and second laws of thermodynamics. In 1:1, heavens and earth were created out of nothing; in 1:4, light is divided from the void and formless mix. Those phenomena did not happen naturally, God as the Creator made it happen. This is reflected in John 1:3, that "without Him nothing was made that was made."

Feb 24, 2022
ishmael was abrahams first born also but never received the inheritance of Abraham
Although Ishmael was the firstborn, he was the result of Abraham's own action. He probably misunderstood God's promise of countless descendants as an order instead of a promise, and he was under peer pressure from Sarah, so he took matters in his own hand. God reaffirmed the covenant with Abraham after Ishmael was born in Gen. 17 when he was 99, and one year later, Isaac was born as the son of promise.

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
With respect, I must disagree with you, on the basis of John 1:3 (in context):

"All things were made through him [Jesus], and without him [Jesus] was not anything made that was made." (ESV)

In other words, God made everything through Jesus, and since God made the heavens and the earth in Genesis 1:1, Jesus must have existed at that time, which is prior to Genesis 1:3.
this is how I perceive the order.
Holy Spirit = ball of energy = always has been and always is and always will be.
God = Heart and soul and the of the trinity.
Melchizedek = The Angelic embodiment of the 2 above.
Jesus Christ = the flesh embodiment that God entered after giving up the angelic embodiment of Melchizedek Heb 7: 1

O

Oblio

In Genesis 1:26, God (Elohim) said, "“Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness," I believe the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were talking among themselves.
Three, and yet one. "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One." - Deuteronomy 6:4

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
In Genesis 1:26, God (Elohim) said, "“Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness," I believe the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit we're talking among themselves.
Three, and yet one. "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is One." - Deuteronomy 6:4
yep sounds like what I just said, we are in 1 accord.

O

Oblio

Well, I believe that the Father calls me son, that Yeshua calls me Ron, and that Holy Spirit calls me friend.
So, to me, the Holy Spirit is a person.
I believe Yeshua, or Jesus, is God the Son, and exists in eternity along with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
I don't believe that Melchizedek is part of Elohim.
We agree on 3 out of 4...that's pretty good!

Feb 24, 2022
It’s your thread; you are trying to make a point that the text doesn’t support.
The text is clear - God divided the light from the darkness, and those were the evening and the morning of the first day. You think God flipped a switch or something? "He was in the beginning with God," John 1:2.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The text is clear - God divided the light from the darkness, and those were the evening and the morning of the first day. You think God flipped a switch or something? "He was in the beginning with God," John 1:2.
You are conflating physical light with the Light of the world. I don’t believe that is warranted.

Feb 24, 2022
You are conflating physical light with the Light of the world. I don’t believe that is warranted.
That is warranted. Those are one and the same. On Day one there was no S-U-N, the only source of light was the S-O-N!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That is warranted. Those are one and the same. On Day one there was no S-U-N, the only source of light was the S-O-N!
That linguistic similarity doesn’t work in Hebrew, so it is irrelevant.

The text states, ‘God said, “Let there be light” and there was light’. It says nothing about the shekinah, no matter how much you want it to.

It also says nothing about the light emanating from Himself. You cannot rightly interpret the text when you insist on adding to it what simply isn’t there.