the "I prayed for you" thread.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CatHerder

Senior Member
Mar 20, 2013
3,551
79
48
Note: the title says "I prayed for you," not "I will pray for you."

Been thinking about posting this for a few days -

Let's lift each other up, not by flattering, but with prayer.
I gather that some of you already pray for a few on these boards, and some may even pray for everybody on the boards collectively.
Share this. You may have an opinion about threads that single someone out, whether the message is positive or negative, but one post about someone is different. Especially if you are letting them know that you are lifting them up in prayer.
Maybe you PM people and let them know this. That's awesome! Consider doing it here too, so that we can see where the needs are and also pray.

How this is different from other prayer threads is that it is not necessarily a prayer request thread. What leads you to pray for a specific need is the relationships you already have with the others here through the other posts. Please keep it to one person/group per post. By "group" I mean those who are in a similar situation. You may or may not post the actual prayer you made, it's up to you. But please wait until you have actually prayed before you make a post (please refer to title of thread). Aside from this, there are no rules.

I'll go first:

Zaoman and Seatbelt - I pray for you often because you are fellow single dads. I know the struggles you have faced and continue to face by raising your kids in a world that doesn't seem to value dads. I admire your faithfulness and strength of character and have been praying for you to be encouraged, praying against feelings of loneliness, and for your continued growth and that you remain godly examples to your children.

sooooooo many scriptures regarding supporting one another and being unified. Here are some that inspired me as I posted:
Eph 4:1-6
I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love, 3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Col 2:2-3
...that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GreenNnice
Markum I pray for you and your friend Denise and her children. I want her to beat this addiction and I pray for your strength.
 
arwen, I have prayed for you. I know you have been under a lot of pressure. I pray for a time of rest and restoration for you. May this Summer be your best ever! :)
 
dyingeveryday,my dear brother...I am & continue to pray for you & keep you & yours in my thoughts. That Jesus continues to strengthen you & that you walk in his wisdom,truth,and light. That you give no place to the enemy & that the love Jesus has for you becomes such a truth in the very roots of your heart that all you desire is to seek Him more each & every day. In Jesus name,Amen!
 
Holly (NodMyHead), I've prayed for you regularly because... Well, I just love you, sis. :)
 
I prayed for a couple of members who I'm not going to name for reasons I'd rather not divulge.

...I really am taking this seriously, by the way. ^^^That is true stuff.
 
also been praying similarly - for those here who feel insecure, feel like failures and have feelings of low self worth - that they would no longer believe the enemy's lies and that they would claim God's promises for them and begin to see themselves blameless and holy, how God sees them, thanks to the cleansing power of Christ Jesus. Lord, continue to heal us (yes. I include myself in this group).
 
I prayed for a couple of members who I'm not going to name for reasons I'd rather not divulge.

...I really am taking this seriously, by the way. ^^^That is true stuff.
Ditto........................................
 
dliz and RoboOp, I have prayed for you and your families. Please be safe. You are loved.
 
NMHLY - I pray for you and your son's healing this hour. For highlandlove - I pray for your finances. For softheart - I pray you receive even more than you give. For ironshell - I pray you receive your abundant trust. For redflame - I pray you find your peace. For torn - I pray for your life's work. For sunset - I pray you see your beauty.

In Christ's Name
 
I love the entire thought behind this thread, and deliberately praying for someone and coming here to let them know. Wonderful stuff.

Over the last few days...

AlphaOmega, I prayed for you about your job situation and other things. I think highly of you, brother.

AsifinPassing, I prayed for your own spirit to shine so brightly that it blinds everyone within sight. You are thoughtful and wise.

Catlynn, I prayed about your home, that God would smooth the way and bless you beyond your dreams through this.
 
I Pray that the Plan God has Promise it will be given .God bless
 
For Lookingup - I pray you believe in yourself. For Glee - take heart when you read Proverbs 23:24. For Pony - I pray you understand your student in Jeremiah 17:8.

In Christ's Name
 
I love the entire thought behind this thread, and deliberately praying for someone and coming here to let them know. Wonderful stuff.

Over the last few days...

AlphaOmega, I prayed for you about your job situation and other things. I think highly of you, brother.

AsifinPassing, I prayed for your own spirit to shine so brightly that it blinds everyone within sight. You are thoughtful and wise.

Catlynn, I prayed about your home, that God would smooth the way and bless you beyond your dreams through this.

Thank you so much!

I pray for a few different ppl every night regarding things they bring up in prayer request room. Usually at night when I lie down is when I pray :D
 
I have prayed for many people here, I meet people on here who have no one else to turn to but cc. And I see them discouraged and sad and depressed and even people who are regularly on here when they are down I can't help but encourage them.
 
I pray this thread doesn't go by way of the 2's through 263's. You know my heart, Lord. I am the least of all these. You give me too much and it's all yours. I own nothing and claim nothing and earned nothing except by Your Grace.

I pray these fine people keep this prayer alive for each other. The ones' who think they're weak but have the strength of ten. The one's who think they're quiet but speak boldly he love of Christ. The one's who think they're alone but have so many who care for their soul. The one's who think themselves stupid giving me such wise countenance. I pray for their souls this Hunter's moon night my Lord God of Israel Who gives me too much when I have earned nothing.

In Christ's name.
 
Look a here now, I found this way down in 2. What did I say about this?!