The imitation from old civilization in Christianity and Judaism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
Is it ashamed if we admit that christian and Judaism influenced by other pagan habits.
For example altar and sacrificing for God life of monasticism and some mythology like story of Samson Circumcision .....etc

I'm not talking about main creed in our faith like redemption and crucifixion like people who said cross come from kemetic riligion but talking about ritual and culture

I just wanna discuss this topic with christian people who are understandble
Sorry for long blog 😊

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Christianity is rooted in Levitical Judaism, which is the set of practices commanded by God through Moses. While altars predate Moses, God commanded the construction, consecration, and use of the altar in the sacrificial system of worship.

The story of Samson is not mythology; it's found in the Bible in the book of Judges, which is historical. Circumcision was commanded by God of Abraham and his descendants, but is no longer a requirement under the new covenant.

The fact that pagans also use altars, sacrificial worship, and monasticism doesn't mean Christianity was influenced by them.

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
Christianity is rooted in Levitical Judaism, which is the set of practices commanded by God through Moses. While altars predate Moses, God commanded the construction, consecration, and use of the altar in the sacrificial system of worship.

The story of Samson is not mythology; it's found in the Bible in the book of Judges, which is historical. Circumcision was commanded by God of Abraham and his descendants, but is no longer a requirement under the new covenant.

The fact that pagans also use altars, sacrificial worship, and monasticism doesn't mean Christianity was influenced by them.
You don't reply but repeat what I said
But question is this ritual come from God or prophet create it

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You don't reply but repeat what I said
I responded and addressed the issues you raised.

Which ritual specifically? Have you read the books of Exodus and Leviticus in the Bible? In them, God (not the prophet) gives specific instructions for many aspects of worship and practice.

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019

Which ritual specifically? Have you read the books of Exodus and Leviticus in the Bible? In them, God (not the prophet) gives specific instructions for many aspects of worship and practice.
I'm not historican to talk with confidence but it is observations

I said altare was at kemetic and assyrian identical to Judaism they give sacrifices to God almost alike Judaism also circumcision in ancient Egypt even even Moses who is the first writer at bible just 3300 BC that's all

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019

I said altare was at kemetic and assyrian identical to Judaism they give sacrifices to God almost alike Judaism also circumcision in ancient Egypt even even Moses who is the first writer at bible just 3300 BC that's all

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Ever since Adam introduced sin in our world, the demons have worked against God. They are attracted to our churches as the most profitable place for them to work.

Our world has been so influenced by their activity that the very days of the week are named for their idols. All our holidays have pagan roots, even though scripture tells us not to copy pagans. If you ask why the day for the Sabbath is different from the one God created they will tell you God told them they could chose any day so they chose the day the pagans used. If you tell a Christian that he should not labor on the Sabbath he will tell you that he devotes every day to the Lord. Labor is not considered spiritual, and God is of the spirit. They forget that God speaks to them on many levels at once, God speaks through the physical level also.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

It is a favorite ply of demons to say they came before anything of God. After all they started out as angels of the Lord.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Certainly there is evidence of pagan practices that are similar to those commanded by God. However, the Bible states that "all the gods of the nations are idols" (1 Chronicles 16:26 and Psalm 96:5; see also Deuteronomy 12:2, Joshua 23:7, Isaiah 43:9 and Zephaniah 2:11). The worship practices of pagan nations are not acceptable to God.

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
Certainly there is evidence of pagan practices that are similar to those commanded by God. However, the Bible states that "all the gods of the nations are idols" (1 Chronicles 16:26 and Psalm 96:5; see also Deuteronomy 12:2, Joshua 23:7, Isaiah 43:9 and Zephaniah 2:11). The worship practices of pagan nations are not acceptable to God.
Thanks for replying

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
THanks for that 😊
It is a favorite ply of demons to say they came before anything of God. After all they started out as angels of the Lord.

Mar 5, 2020
Is it ashamed if we admit that christian and Judaism influenced by other pagan habits.
For example altar and sacrificing for God life of monasticism and some mythology like story of Samson Circumcision .....etc

I'm not talking about main creed in our faith like redemption and crucifixion like people who said cross come from kemetic riligion but talking about ritual and culture

Sorry for long blog 😊
I think if you want an answer to this you have to look to a resource that isn't bias. The bible is filled with many things. Some parts are not to be taken literally, some are.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
True prophets of God would never promote rites and rituals. If you are thinking about the Catholic Mass where there is a priest, an altar, and a literal sacrificing of Christ, then that is a man-made invention.

But the Lord's Supper and Christian baptism are ordinances given to the Church by Christ. They have deep spiritual significance.

Since Judaism rejects Christ, that is a totally separate issue. Judaism today is essentially Talmudism, which is also man-made.

Apr 15, 2017

Sorry for long blog 😊
There are some people who have a belief or practice that is not part of the Bible and it becomes their foundation for the interpretation of scriptures.

It is obvious when the Roman Empire embraced Christianity they did not get rid of their occult, and pagan ways, and it became their foundation for the interpretation of scriptures.

Joseph Smith has a belief not part of the Bible and it became his foundation for the interpretation of scriptures, the Mormon Church.

And the new age movement has a belief and practice not part of the Bible and it became their foundation for the interpretation, the occult, and evolution, and people are still evolving to be greater and spiritual provided by the New Age Christ.

The new age movement is the future for this world and will lead the world to the New Age Christ where they rebel against God.

And many people have a belief not part of the Bible and interpret scriptures that way.

But the Bible as itself does not have a wrong foundation, and is correct, but many people interpret it differently.

For the natural man does not understand the things of God, and some have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof, ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

So many people will misinterpret the Bible, and many will want to hear it their way.

Which the time will come that the world will not want to hear the word of God in the truth, but according to their own lusts, and will turn their ears from the truth, and be turned unto fables, the new age movement.