The Incarnation of God.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
this was written due to the resurrection

Acts 13:33
God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

He was begotten after the resurrection.

In the beginning was The Word, The Word was God and the Word was with God.

Jun 6, 2020
I did not see a reply to my question of your faith/affiliation
Given your hostile attitude toward me in general, and your attempt to brand me a JW in particular, I didn’t see any good reason to respond to your question.

I read a comment from someone else in this thread speaking about giving a person the benefit of the doubt. It caused me to change my mind about responding to you. First impressions aren’t always correct.

Are you Pentecostal oneness?
No.

Something else?
Yes.

I don’t think Jesus is pleased with Christians killing one another (literally or figuratively), nor do I believe killing non-Christians (literally or figuratively) is compatible with his teaching that his followers are to love our enemies. I’m an Anabaptist.

Jun 6, 2020
How do you identify him or what objection do you have to the trinitarian view?
I identify Jesus as the human Messiah, the Son of the living God.

I’m not here to object to the trinitarian view. I’m here to discuss the Messiah’s view. It‘s my belief that he has the final word. My logic is that any view that agrees with his should be the correct view; any view that contradicts or opposes his view should be an incorrect view.

Jun 6, 2020
The term "Jesus' God" is a product of his beliefs
That’s right. I see in scripture a clear presentation that Jesus himself has a God. The phrase “Jesus’ God” is a reference to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jun 6, 2020
What organization do you align with?
I will align with any organization to the extent that I’m persuaded their view is consistent with the view held by the Messiah, on any subject he has expressed himself.

Any links to those concepts you are preacing?
I occasionally provide links to Trinitarian and non-Trinitarian scholars.

Jun 6, 2020
I don’t think Jesus is pleased with Christians killing one another (literally or figuratively), nor do I believe killing non-Christians (literally or figuratively) is compatible with his teaching that his followers are to love our enemies. I’m an Anabaptist.
The avatar I selected is a sketch of a famous incident involving a Dutch Anabaptist named Dirk Willems.

Briefly, Willems was imprisoned for his faith. (The issue was infant baptism.) He managed to escape from prison and was pursued by a guard. The guard fell through thin ice while crossing a pond and was drowning. Willems heard his cries for help and turned back to rescue him. Willems was arrested, returned to prison, tortured, and burned to death at the stake. His story is included in Martyrs Mirror.

For persons interested in his story who don’t have access to the source, I’ve included a link to an article about Willems on wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Willems

Jun 6, 2020
The avatar I selected is a sketch of a famous incident involving a Dutch Anabaptist named Dirk Willems.

Briefly, Willems was imprisoned for his faith. (The issue was infant baptism.) He managed to escape from prison and was pursued by a guard. The guard fell through thin ice while crossing a pond and was drowning. Willems heard his cries for help and turned back to rescue him. Willems was arrested, returned to prison, tortured, and burned to death at the stake. His story is included in Martyrs Mirror.

For persons interested in his story who don’t have access to the source, I’ve included a link to an article about Willems on wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Willems
I was able to locate a link to Martyrs Mirror online. There is no cost to read it.

http://www.homecomers.org/mirror/dirk-willems.htm

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
The Incarnation was necessary to enable mortality to be present in Christ in addition to His Divinity. He was born of a woman to become the first to rise from the dead. Christ suffered physically and mentally just as any human being would suffer when subjected to scourging and crucifixion. If God had been incarnate in a being of such strength that He did not suffer then that would be the same as His never being incarnate at all. But never allow faith to be suffocated by all the theories which abound, for the simple truth is that God became man in Jesus who suffered, died on the cross and then rose again from the dead that sins might be forgiven, so that we in turn might defeat death and become a part of the essence that is God. In simple terms God became man that man might become synonymous with God. The work that God wants from us is to believe in Him and in the one He sent and to obey His teaching, as outlined by Christ in the Gospels.

Mr. Derek 1955, your post is excellent, you are very knowledgeable; thank you for your contribution.

and if we can get rid of the moles, we can get a lot more accomplished.:)

Jul 23, 2018
Given your hostile attitude toward me in general, and your attempt to brand me a JW in particular, I didn’t see any good reason to respond to your question.

I read a comment from someone else in this thread speaking about giving a person the benefit of the doubt. It caused me to change my mind about responding to you. First impressions aren’t always correct.

No.

Yes.

Ok
Sorry about that

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
The Incarnation was necessary to enable mortality to be present in Christ in addition to His Divinity. He was born of a woman to become the first to rise from the dead. Christ suffered physically and mentally just as any human being would suffer when subjected to scourging and crucifixion. If God had been incarnate in a being of such strength that He did not suffer then that would be the same as His never being incarnate at all. But never allow faith to be suffocated by all the theories which abound, for the simple truth is that God became man in Jesus who suffered, died on the cross and then rose again from the dead that sins might be forgiven, so that we in turn might defeat death and become a part of the essence that is God. In simple terms God became man that man might become synonymous with God. The work that God wants from us is to believe in Him and in the one He sent and to obey His teaching, as outlined by Christ in the Gospels.
Mr. Derek 1955, your post is excellent, you are very knowledgeable; thank you for your contribution.

and if we can get rid of the moles, we can get a lot more accomplished.:)

Jul 6, 2020
Only the "Jewish" people are Abrahams natural descendants.
But we are adopted into the family so that we can inherit the promise of Abraham. Paul tells us the natural branches were cut off and we were grafted in.

"You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” That is correct: They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will certainly not spare you either" (Romans 11:19,20,21)
Interesting take, I havent heard this one before.

The vine we are grafted into is Christ not Abraham.
The vine they where cut off from was Christ not Abraham.
It was through the faith of Abraham that the promised one came.

In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. - Romans 9:8

The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God - Galatians 3:7

For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise;
but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.
Gal 3:18

What the jews had was the promise of Christ, they where cut off because of unbelief.
What we have been grafted into (adopted into if you like) is that promise.

We are born again!
Conceived by the Holy Spirit and born into the family of God, not adopted!

A new creation in Christ Jesus with Jesus the first born among many as a second Adam for man (AKA A redo for man).
We are a new race and a new holy nation.
Christ is still what we are in heaven, both God and man represent us who are as He is, interceding for us with his father God.

Its all totally mind blowing this salvation of God!

Dec 30, 2019
Interesting take, I havent heard this one before.
I am just talking about Science and the DNA. Mostly in regards to the "Jewish" people there has been a lot of inbreeding like we see with the Amish or Mennonite people. This results in a lot of disease. So they tend to do a lot of research on their DNA hoping to come up with a cure for their genetic diseases. We are getting very close to mapping out the entire human race so we will know exactly who is related to who. What is interesting is when you follow the women and not the men. A 12-year-old girl created family tree linking 42 of 43 U.S. presidents to King John of England, who signed Magna Carta in 1215. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...directly-descended-medieval-English-king.html

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Mr. Derek;

Do you believe in the Holy Trinity?

I, like one or two others, am concerned when you say:

and become a part of the essence that is God

Are you suggesting that we will NOT be individual beings, but, rather, be somehow infused into God and disappear as a being?
Sort of like being assimilated by the Borg and becoming part of the collective.

Jun 6, 2020
this was written due to the resurrection

Acts 13:33
God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

He was begotten after the resurrection.

In the beginning was The Word, The Word was God and the Word was with God.
How many times was Jesus begotten?

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I believe this and the gospel of John talks about this extensively.