The Intersection of Theoogy and Science

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheoAplogia

Junior Member
May 16, 2014
4
0
1
This is more a Theology/Science topic, but I suppose could be under "Bible Discussion." I just am curious on people's different view of where and how Theology and Science intersect. Any thoughts would be a joy to read :)
 
Dr Chuck Missler on youtube has some very interesting teachings called "Beyond Time and Space"

most people don't have a background in physics so it might be a bit much but I think he makes understandable
 
Awesome, I do no think I have seen that from Missler. I will have to check it out!! Thanks!!
 
This is more a Theology/Science topic, but I suppose could be under "Bible Discussion." I just am curious on people's different view of where and how Theology and Science intersect. Any thoughts would be a joy to read :)
The Lord created science and he can circumvent it any time he pleases. Remember him telling us about moving mountains? Usually he can find another way, but if a mountain needs to be moved, he'll move it for you.
 
Science is us understanding how God made it all possible, if there was no god there wouldn't be any science because we wouldn't be here, almost all the science that points away from God is a theory. I truly love science I think it's so fascinating because it's just shows gods power, I mean if you just read some of the facts on how big the universe is and how intricate it is. Then it's amazing to think of how big God is and how he was able to just make it all and know how to do it with all its details and everything. I love it
 
There is much which could be discussed under this thread title, but I'll just toss in one thought for now...

Theology, done rightly, is the study of the Person, nature, character, and work of God. Science, done rightly, is the study of the nature, character, and work of the created world/universe. The Bible starts with, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." That gives us a foundation for both theology and science. I think it's fair to say that God and His creation are similar in certain ways and different in others, and that where they are similar, creation should reflect God's nature and character. Where different, they should be complementary, rather than in conflict (the present apparent conflict is due to the Fall). Psalm 19:1 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies display His handiwork."
 
Jehovah God says He spoke the universe into existence out of nothingness; Science tells us that out of nothingness kaboom there it was. This same God says He took a single rib to separate the woman from the man… science tells us a single missing chromosome is all that separates the male and female zygotes. The world’s top propeller heads say that we can’t see or detect 90% of what makes up the universe … we only know it by how it affects that which we can see and detect. And that same God tells us that there is indeed another realm of existence, one that we are currently cut off from and can’t see or detect, other than how it affects that which we can see and detect.

And oh, by the way, He also says He wants His 10% back.

Science is the story of God's creation. How it sounds just depends on who's reading it to you.
 
Last edited:
I don't know about theoogy but where True Science and True Theology come together you have truth on both the physical plane and spiritual.
 
630442


Haha! :D
 
This is more a Theology/Science topic, but I suppose could be under "Bible Discussion." I just am curious on people's different view of where and how Theology and Science intersect. Any thoughts would be a joy to read :)
About the same spot English and theology meet, or Arts and theology, or sports and theology, or the humanities and theology, or politics and theology. God is, so all things are connected. If we are his, then everything comes down to that, including sciences.

-- I just balanced my checkbook yesterday. Math is a science. God tells me to use my talents wisely. I did. (It balanced. lol)

-- Hubby in a believer. He needs an IV of iron today, so he's going to the hospital for iron. The medical field is a science, and we use that.

-- I crochet. Crocheting isn't merely an art form, it's a science. If you don't have the right number of stitches on a particular row, something funky is going to happen. I appreciate God's math skills and his kindness in giving us art too.

Because I am God's, all things work together for his glory and my good. Even science. Even studying God. (The meaning of the word "theology.")

If there are different views, how does that change? I think the question is either too broad or you just want us to argue over evolution vs. creation. Which isn't the question you asked.
 
About the same spot English and theology meet, or Arts and theology, or sports and theology, or the humanities and theology, or politics and theology. God is, so all things are connected. If we are his, then everything comes down to that, including sciences.

-- I just balanced my checkbook yesterday. Math is a science. God tells me to use my talents wisely. I did. (It balanced. lol)

-- Hubby in a believer. He needs an IV of iron today, so he's going to the hospital for iron. The medical field is a science, and we use that.

-- I crochet. Crocheting isn't merely an art form, it's a science. If you don't have the right number of stitches on a particular row, something funky is going to happen. I appreciate God's math skills and his kindness in giving us art too.

Because I am God's, all things work together for his glory and my good. Even science. Even studying God. (The meaning of the word "theology.")

If there are different views, how does that change? I think the question is either too broad or you just want us to argue over evolution vs. creation. Which isn't the question you asked.
Fore a moment I thought your hubby was a golfer..IV (fore) iron.:p
 
I think science and christianity can go hand in hand. A competent, reasonable and sincere scientist must admit that the universe was created by a supernatural being - Our Almighty God!
 
May I offer this,

Science and the Bible will NEVER contradict each other, so only man's misunderstanding of the Bible or science, will cause a conflict.
 
They Pretty much interact the process of rain is a science which knowing how to recreate it can be important to know.
 
Jehovah God says He spoke the universe into existence out of nothingness; Science tells us that out of nothingness kaboom there it was. This same God says He took a single rib to separate the woman from the man… science tells us a single missing chromosome is all that separates the male and female zygotes. The world’s top propeller heads say that we can’t see or detect 90% of what makes up the universe … we only know it by how it affects that which we can see and detect. And that same God tells us that there is indeed another realm of existence, one that we are currently cut off from and can’t see or detect, other than how it affects that which we can see and detect.

And oh, by the way, He also says He wants His 10% back.

Science is the story of God's creation. How it sounds just depends on who's reading it to you.

I won't comment on the cosmology, but you don't know what you're talking about regarding biology. A missing chromosome has NOTHING to do with a missing rib. That story of the female gender coming from a rib of a guy is totally metaphor. 100% wrong if you take it literally. Females were actually around longer than males. Also, I think you're probably referring to Chromosome 2 which underwent fusion. All other great apes have 48 chromosomes. We have 46. You kind find precisely where this fusion happened in chromosome 2. Check out Ken Miller, a christian biologist, on this topic on youtube.

Science is us understanding how God made it all possible, if there was no god there wouldn't be any science because we wouldn't be here, almost all the science that points away from God is a theory. I truly love science I think it's so fascinating because it's just shows gods power, I mean if you just read some of the facts on how big the universe is and how intricate it is. Then it's amazing to think of how big God is and how he was able to just make it all and know how to do it with all its details and everything. I love it

Just want to say once again that "theory" in science IS "fact". It doesn't make any sense to suggest something is "ONLY a theory". Is the theory of gravity "only a theory"? Or the germ theory of disease? Or that the earth revolves around the sun? These are all scientific theories. "Theories" in science are not random speculations. It's the highest degree of fact in scientific terms. People still can't understand the difference between the words of laypeople and the terms of professional scientists. Let me try one example because I've tried to explain it before with no luck. Take the word "gay". For years, the word had a meaning of "happy". Now, it implies one is a homosexual. Culture and time has changed the meaning of the word, but now take science. These two versions of the word "theory" co-exist right now. Unlike gay and gay, these two "theories" are used all the time. Again, when lay people use "theory" it's something TOTALLY different. I hope this example made sense.
 
.. That story of the female gender coming from a rib of a guy is totally metaphor. 100% wrong if you take it literally. Females were actually around longer than males.

Many of us, myself included, take Genesis as literal history, not metaphor. There are good biblically-sound reasons for doing so (however, in stating this, I'm not agreeing with Devon's comment about chromosomes).

Could you please explain your source for the idea that females have been around longer?

Just want to say once again that "theory" in science IS "fact". It doesn't make any sense to suggest something is "ONLY a theory". Is the theory of gravity "only a theory"? Or the germ theory of disease? Or that the earth revolves around the sun? These are all scientific theories. "Theories" in science are not random speculations. It's the highest degree of fact in scientific terms. People still can't understand the difference between the words of laypeople and the terms of professional scientists. Let me try one example because I've tried to explain it before with no luck. Take the word "gay". For years, the word had a meaning of "happy". Now, it implies one is a homosexual. Culture and time has changed the meaning of the word, but now take science. These two versions of the word "theory" co-exist right now. Unlike gay and gay, these two "theories" are used all the time. Again, when lay people use "theory" it's something TOTALLY different. I hope this example made sense.

I generally agree with this part. Thanks for stating it clearly. The only comment I'll make is that in scientific terms, a "theory" is presumed to be true, and used as a foundation for further study. Calling theories the same as facts tends to muddy the water a little. :)
 
We know this is a good discussion,
but we can't stop laughing about 'Theoogy' title. Lol.
(Sorry, we make our share of typos, no offense.~Dna)
 
We know this is a good discussion,
but we can't stop laughing about 'Theoogy' title. Lol.
(Sorry, we make our share of typos, no offense.~Dna)

Welcome to CC!
I usually see the typos, but I missed this one. I guess it's a good reminder for me, not to be too quick to post a response! :)