It's passed every test so far and it's been under fire for 400 years...
400 only? We have Greek manuscripts from the 3rd century. Its 1700 years.
It's passed every test so far and it's been under fire for 400 years...
So you become the authority on what God has said.
In sharp contrast, you have simply surrendered all authority to a group of 17th-century translators.
Actually, I have surrendered to God and His promise to preserve His words for us. I have found this preservation in the KJV.
The same as you become the authority when choosing the KJV Only.
And others have found it in other English and non-English translations on in another Greek textual family.
Actually, I have surrendered to God and His promise to preserve His words for us. I have found this preservation in the KJV.
When I use many translations and choose which one sounds better to me I am not allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth like Jesus said He would on John 14:26 & 16:13. If I get stuck on a verse I pray over that verse, not pick and choose which is more "accurate" or "right" to me. It is God that reveals truth, not our picking and choosing which decides it. Believe me I use to use no less than ten translations every time I attended bible study, but many times left more confused then when I came because of all the counterfeit translations. If everyone who professes the Name of Jesus prayed, studied and understood John 14-17 there would be one denomination and one bible translation.
This is a very important issue because I believe many people are leaving off Christianity because so many people are picking and choosing their own private interpretation they find throughout many different translations, which most of the time cannot be proven from one translation alone. We pick a verse from the KJV and another verse from the NASB, NIV, NLB...ETC. One major issue is when I try to find chain references which the KJV flows with the "modern" translations do not have them. I personally get offended when I am sitting in on a sermon and the pastor says to read along and starts reading from a foreign translation my mind goes somewhere else and I lose the blessing the Lord was trying to bestow. When that happens the translation might as well be in swahili because how can anybody understand, or keep their mind trained on a subject when all of a sudden everything shifts into confusion, and that is what happens when three or four people all read the same verse from different translations at the same time. Same principle.
Not as per the testimonies on this board. They all claim whatever Bible they use has errors. That's not the word of God. The word of God does not contain errors.
Not as per the testimonies on this board. They all claim whatever Bible they use has errors. That's not the word of God. The word of God does not contain errors.
When I use many translations and choose which one sounds better to me I am not allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth like Jesus said He would on John 14:26 & 16:13. If I get stuck on a verse I pray over that verse, not pick and choose which is more "accurate" or "right" to me. It is God that reveals truth, not our picking and choosing which decides it. ...
This is a very important issue because I believe many people are leaving off Christianity because so many people are picking and choosing their own private interpretation they find throughout many different translations, which most of the time cannot be proven from one translation alone.
I personally get offended when I am sitting in on a sermon and the pastor says to read along and starts reading from a foreign translation my mind goes somewhere else and I lose the blessing the Lord was trying to bestow.
This is speculative, and is a pleasant way to argue for one translation without doing any actual research to substantiate the viewpoint. Perhaps you could provide some real data (or even a single example) to support your belief.
so John146 my man,
when you say that God will preserve his word from this generation for ever, do you mean that there has always been a document which is an exact record of what God has said, or a perfect translation of it, up to that point?
That's not what the Scripture says. It merely states that God will preserve His words for all generations. Somewhere on earth has always been His preserved words.
so John146 my man,
when you say that God will preserve his word from this generation for ever, do you mean that there has always been a document which is an exact record of what God has said, or a perfect translation of it, up to that point?
That's not what the Scripture says. It merely states that God will preserve His words for all generations. Somewhere on earth has always been His preserved words.
God's word has been protected throughout time, in the form of the most accurate, non tampered with manuscripts transcribed over and over by the masorites who were very meticulous.
I believe the masoretes come along about 500 AD.I take great courage in knowing that God used finite feeble erring men to write the bible. He can use you and I to do His work too. Remember that Moses David and Paul were all murderers. They were the most prominent popular personages in the bible. What many fail to realize is what Paul writes in 1Corinthians:1:27: "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" I will gladly be a fool for Christ. Far too many will only believe it because the pastor, or theologian scholar said it. ALL professed Christians should be scholars if we are following biblical advice to study to show ourselves approved unto God.
God's word has been protected throughout time, in the form of the most accurate, non tampered with manuscripts transcribed over and over by the masorites who were very meticulous. Man has done His part in protecting these and God has, as always provided the ample protection for it to happen. Just like our walk with the Lord. Even though there is nothing we can do to earn salvation we still must do whatever we are convicted by the Comforter to do and leave the rest with God knowing by faith He will provide the strength needed to complete any task. Another principle many overlook or forget is the fact that for every truth in the bible satan has a counterfeit. This goes for translations also.
God bless your studies
God's word has been protected throughout time, in the form of the most accurate, non tampered with manuscripts transcribed over and over by the masorites who were very meticulous.