THE LAW OF MOSES VS THE LAW OF CHRIST

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

chess-player

Jul 14, 2022
It's simple, we put our faith in Him and pray for His help and guidance. We keep the law of Christ by becoming true disciples of Christ. We walk with Him daily—He doesn't walk with us. By that I mean we follow Him, we don't ask Him to follow us.

"but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness. Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone." Romans 9:31-32
You are correct 🤠 plus your answers are simple and to the point. Thank you!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Sorry, but I'm not interested in reading a "book" as an answer to my post. A simple piece of advice is to respond succinctly and to the point.
ok I’ll keep that in mind and avoid responding out of respect god bless

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Love conntains all the laws needed to satisfy our Father.
I asked you a simple question. I didn't ask you for a link (I don't trust links). So, what are the commandments of God? [/QUOTE]

you seem to have an issue as to wanting to control what everyone has to say , and how many words they use to say it lol

you might want to consider how a discussion works if you post in a discussion forum

short and to the point

chess-player

Jul 14, 2022
I asked you a simple question. I didn't ask you for a link (I don't trust links). So, what are the commandments of God?
you seem to have an issue as to wanting to control what everyone has to say , and how many words they use to say it lol

you might want to consider how a discussion works if you post in a discussion forum

short and to the point[/QUOTE]

Actually no. I don't control anybody, nor do I desire to do so, but I do consider it disrespectful on your part to throw out a link as an answer without commenting first.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What are the commandments of God? Could you name a few?
Love conntains all the laws needed to satisfy our Father.[/QUOTE]
Where is there a lingk here? The response is true and most accurate.

P

pottersclay

I believe the law and grace need to be preached. Paul said that the law taught him he was a sinner.
He also knew that the wages of sin is death.
There are so many misconceptions about the law and the preaching of CHRIST was taught as a turn or burn theology.

Simply ...The law is perfect and cannot be fulfilled by the imperfect. (Us).
It is the standard that GOD has choosen for each and everyone to live by.
God knowing this sent his son as a gift out of love to do that which we could not do and impute it to us.
Mankind has been given grace and mercy and forgiveness from GOD the father through Jesus his son.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Here's something to sleep on, as I'm about to do.

I don't assume that the NT abolishes all of the laws of the OT. The law was given by God and perfect.
We know that Jesus perfectly fulfilled the law.
That doesn't mean that the law has no place in society or personal life. There are various parts of the law that no longer apply, such as ceremonial law and holidays. Sacrifices are OUT.
The New Covenant is a BETTER Covenant.

We can use the law as the schoolmaster to bring people to see that they NEED Christ to save them.
Why?
The law condemns.
Christ redeems and saves.
Who hasn't broken the law?
Only Jesus.
All of us, if we were to get what we deserve, it would be hell.

Trying to obey the law cannot save.
Turning from disobedience to the law TO obedience to the law is what is falsely called a requirement for salvation, but all that is is self righteousness which is condemnation.
Some will define the term "repent/repentance'" as a turning from being bad to being good (keeping the law). That is a false gospel of works........which are filthy rags.

The law brings death.
Jesus Christ is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life.

Any reader who happens to read this should consider that we have been lied to concerning the law as our way to heaven.
It never was intended for that purpose.
That is why Jesus had to suffer for those sins and die......then take His life back three days after. You can have that life too IF you choose a turn from trying to keep the law and trust the Savior instead.

Please think about it, but not too long.
Today is the day of salvation my friend.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
You said << This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).>>
What are the commandments of God? Could you name a few? [/QUOTE]I will take a shot at that one.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I believe the law and grace need to be preached. Paul said that the law taught him he was a sinner.
He also knew that the wages of sin is death.
There are so many misconceptions about the law and the preaching of CHRIST was taught as a turn or burn theology.

Simply ...The law is perfect and cannot be fulfilled by the imperfect. (Us).
It is the standard that GOD has choosen for each and everyone to live by.
God knowing this sent his son as a gift out of love to do that which we could not do and impute it to us.
Mankind has been given grace and mercy and forgiveness from GOD the father through Jesus his son.
I prefer the deeds of the flesh rather than the law.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

The deeds of the flesh cover a much wide range of sinful behavior.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
THE LAW OF MOSES VS THE LAW OF CHRIST

The Law set the stage and laid the backdrop. It shows us our sinfulness and our need for a Saviour.

Romans 3:10
“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”

The Atonement of Jesus gives us a way, the Only Way.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

>

P

pottersclay

I prefer the deeds of the flesh rather than the law.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

The deeds of the flesh cover a much wide range of sinful behavior.
I quite agree but then heres the trouble with that. There are many that consider there actions or deeds as normal behavior. Or excuse it as a illness or sickness.
The gay community argue this point. Society argues that drunkeness is a disease.
God says it is sin. Just as a few examples.
There are many that consider if it is not against mans law to practice such things then it is not sin.
It opens up to a endless debate which in its self is never resolved.
The law is cut and dry on these matters....a man shall not lay with another man as with a women leaves no wiggle room for example. It leaves the person no recourse for there actions.

In genesis we see our first parents give excuses for there actions but it did not un do that which was done.
Reguardless of the reason the law is broken plain and simple.

P

pottersclay

The law of moses vrs the law of CHRIST is the same law but with a different motive.

Not one word of the law is changed but the motive of the law is revealed. It is to draw us to CHRIST to save us from its penalty.
All have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. Therefore no one can be found righteous no not one.
Forgiveness cannot be earned it has to be given.
The blood of the lamb washes us from our sins and transgressions but the lamb himself takes away the sin and renews a right mind and heart with in us causing us to become the children of GOD.
For there is a day appointed to everyone to die then the judgement.

chess-player

Jul 14, 2022
1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.[/QUOTE]

Could you please give me a list of those commandments? 🤔

chess-player

Jul 14, 2022
Love conntains all the laws needed to satisfy our Father.
Where is there a lingk here? The response is true and most accurate.[/QUOTE]

Could you please give me a list of those commandments? 🥴

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Let's add in this because a A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).
You left out the rest of the passage: "The young man said to Him, 'All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?' Jesus said to him, 'If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.' " vv. 20,21

Keeping the commandments is secondary; following Christ (and His Holy Spirit) is primary.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Where is there a lingk here? The response is true and most accurate.

Could you please give me a list of those commandments? 🥴[/QUOTE]

No, you will need to learn them from reading all of the Word guided by the Holy Spirit.

chess-player

Jul 14, 2022
Could you please give me a list of those commandments? 🥴
No, you will need to learn them from reading all of the Word guided by the Holy Spirit.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you have no idea.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I asked you a simple question. I didn't ask you for a link
(I don't trust links). So, what are the commandments of God?
That link is not part of his answer: it is in JaumeJ's auto siggy ;)

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
The law of moses says thou shalt. or thou shalt not. Cursed is the one who does not obey every word (perfect obedience)

The law of Christ says Love God and Love all people. put their needs above your own. Seek after the things of the spirit. There is no curse for failing to keep this law completely. Only love and chastening as dear children. But this law only applies to those who are not under the law of Moses.. Which would be anyone who does not believe.