The Lord Jesus and His Holy Scriptures are One (The Scripture Personified) Pt. 1 & 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Well brethren, after these two videos are posted. I plan to post 2 more video teachings also after this. And I am simply posting these other messages to make sure I am continuing to do my part in sharing with you all on here the truth on this very important matter. For those who have hardened your heart regarding this matter, I do pray that God will lead you to repentance. And that you will return back to His blessed and authoritative word, the King James Holy Scripture. In addition, after this, All I can do is encourage and exhort you to take the time to watch and listen to them. And for those of you that have already made up your mind to not to even watch them, well then that's on you. I cannot persuade you to do otherwise. Only the Lord God can open your eyes to His word, the blessed King James Holy Bible.

Video Description:

In this video series, we will be looking at a very unique subject and that is by far one of the most important subject matters out there. Since it is a subject that deals with the blessed and wonderful Lord Jesus Christ and the relationship, unity and oneness which He has with His word, the holy Scriptures. And how they are in fact one and the same. Make sure to follow along in your King James Bibles as we go through this important study together.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
The Lord Jesus and His Holy Scriptures are One (The Scripture Personified, Pt. 2)

Video Description:

In this video series, we will be looking at a very unique subject and that is by far one of the most important subject matters out there. Since it is a subject that deals with the blessed and wonderful Lord Jesus Christ and the relationship, unity and oneness which He has with His word, the holy Scriptures. And how they are in fact one and the same. Make sure to follow along in your King James Bibles as we go through this important study together.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Well brethren, after these two videos are posted. I plan to post 2 more video teachings also after this. And I am simply posting these other messages to make sure I am continuing to do my part in sharing with you all on here the truth on this very important matter. For those who have hardened your heart regarding this matter, I do pray that God will lead you to repentance. And that you will return back to His blessed and authoritative word, the King James Holy Scripture. In addition, after this, All I can do is encourage and exhort you to take the time to watch and listen to them. And for those of you that have already made up your mind to not to even watch them, well then that's on you. I cannot persuade you to do otherwise. Only the Lord God can open your eyes to His word, the blessed King James Holy Bible.

Video Description:

I just want to say the KJV is not perfect it has what is known as copies discrepancies. Yet God is Perfect and HIS word. Men who copied it were not.

it is known truth that many copies used to make what we know as the KJV Bible was not found in earlier manuscript copies. Some things were added. Yet This doesn't limit the truth of Who Christ is revealed in the KJV Bible. I do trust the KJV. I do not think the pre-1984 NIV is a bad translation. I read both parallel to each other along with a NASB and an NLT. Relationship with Christ is able to be achieved in each for salvation in Christ. When the word of God is preached using anyone of these Bibles. I have personally led people to Christ using all of them.

This is more about pride than it is truth. And even less about edification.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
I just want to say the KJV is not perfect it has what is known as copies discrepancies. Yet God is Perfect and HIS word. Men who copied it were not.

CS1, I understand that you believe that know that God is perfect. But how is it sir that you will not take the next logical step to understand that since God is perfect, that His word also must be perfect and infallible?

it is known truth that many copies used to make what we know as the KJV Bible was not found in earlier manuscript copies. Some things were added.

CS1, what earlier manuscript copies are you referring to? Is it the Siniaticus and Vaticanus manuscripts that you are speaking of?

Yet This doesn't limit the truth of Who Christ is revealed in the KJV Bible. I do trust the KJV.

Well CS1, I am glad that you at least have some trust in the King James Bible. But what I would encourage and exhort you to do sir, is to go on unto perfection and to have complete faith and trust in the blessed King James Holy Bible. For it is indeed the very word of God. It is pure and without error.

I do not think the pre-1984 NIV is a bad translation. I read both parallel to each other along with a NASB and an NLT. Relationship with Christ is able to be achieved in each for salvation in Christ. When the word of God is preached using anyone of these Bibles. I have personally led people to Christ using all of them.

CS1, I do also understand that people can get saved from reading a modern version. For the Gospel can even be found in some of the worst and grossest perversions out there.

Still though, we do need the perfect and pure word of God. We need the perfect word of God, so that we can grow up in our faith and go on unto perfection and maturity and be complete (2 Timothy 3:16)

Why sir do you claim this to be more about pride?

I know that without Jesus Christ and that without His word, the King James Bible, that I am absolutely nothing and less than nothing.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Oh, ok.............this is a KJV ONLY Thread...........ok............

Now, while I love my KJV, I ALSO enjoy reading the CJB and find it is very close to the KJV and the two do a good job of educating me. BUT, THE REAL POWER ONE NEEDS TO FULLY AND CORRECTLY UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURE IS THE INDWELLING PRESENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

For, without Him, folks just be reading............

Nov 23, 2013

it is known truth that many copies used to make what we know as the KJV Bible was not found in earlier manuscript copies. Some things were added. Yet This doesn't limit the truth of Who Christ is revealed in the KJV Bible. I do trust the KJV. I do not think the pre-1984 NIV is a bad translation. I read both parallel to each other along with a NASB and an NLT. Relationship with Christ is able to be achieved in each for salvation in Christ. When the word of God is preached using anyone of these Bibles. I have personally led people to Christ using all of them.

You're not perfect, can God speak a perfect message through you?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Your question is rooted in erroneous thinking that God is somehow limited by the medium through which He speaks. Is your god so small?

Nov 23, 2013
Your question is rooted in erroneous thinking that God is somehow limited by the medium through which He speaks. Is your god so small?
Erroneous my rear end. My God can speak through any person, any language and can translate his word into any language.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Erroneous my rear end. My God can speak through any person, any language and can translate his word into any language.
So either your question to CS1 was disingenuous, or you hold to contradictory beliefs.

If "My God can speak through any person, any language and can translate his word into any language" then surely He can "speak a perfect message through" an imperfect medium.

Nov 23, 2013
So either your question to CS1 was disingenuous, or you hold to contradictory beliefs.

If "My God can speak through any person, any language and can translate his word into any language" then surely He can "speak a perfect message through" an imperfect medium.
Maybe I misinterpreted CS1. I took his statement as saying God is prefect but the men who copied his word are not. Meaning God couldn't give us his inerrant word because the men who copied God's word were not perfect.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
hi @ChosenbyHim
nice to meet you!

I'm not much of a video watcher,
but,
if you'd like to have an edifying, respectful discussion about Bible versions, I'm all in!

one thing I learned about the KJV a while back,
is that it isn't public domain all over the world.

the Queen of England holds the "copyright" in the UK.

now, this is just my opinion here,
but it seems strange that God would inspire a version and then give a single human that much control over it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My God can speak through any person, any language and can translate his word into any language.
Animals, too :)

The ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since
I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.

Nov 23, 2013
Animals, too :)

The ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since
I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.
And a dumb ass at that lol.

2Pe_2:16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

Mar 4, 2020

Video Description:

When I was trying to become a Christian, I couldn't understand the KJV well enough to see what the gospel really is. I had no idea what it was about because the way it reads isn't modern. The learning curve was akin to learning a second language. I finally got it once I switched to the NIV. Had I not been determined and thirsting for God, I may have given up. Thank God for the NIV.

So I can't really recommend the KJV to new Christians. When one is ready to take on learning an unnatural sounding sentence structure and learning uncommon English words then the KJV is certainly one of the most, if not the single most, accurate translation written in English.

CS1

May 23, 2012
what is your point? because I said just that in the post you responded too LOL

Nov 23, 2013
what is your point? because I said just that in the post you responded too LOL
My point is that any bible that God wants to be perfect will be perfect no matter how many imperfect men are involved.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
My point is that any bible that God wants to be perfect will be perfect no matter how many imperfect men are involved.
So which Bible does God want to be perfect?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The KJV for English speakers.
What makes you say that? Not, 'What makes you think the KJV is perfect' but rather, what makes you think that God thinks the KJV is perfect?

Nov 23, 2013
What makes you say that? Not, 'What makes you think the KJV is perfect' but rather, what makes you think that God thinks the KJV is perfect?
We’ve been over this a 1000 times, no point in making it 1001.