The Message

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abiding

That's what I got out of your statement;was I wrong?
did you notice you were running together the office(term i use only) of a prophet
and prophecy?

That always causes me problems when people run that together.

Also when they run the word gifts and manifestations together without distinction it makes
dialogue hard and its easy for me to seem im saying something im not.

So maybe you were wrong im not sure. Im probably a continuationists
to cessationists and a cessationist to a continuationist.

Without clear defination of terms who knows what anyone is talking about.

Certainly i dont see what they were doing in the first century being done
today....if it was the same i wouldnt be against it.

G

GreenNnice

did you notice you were running together the office(term i use only) of a prophet
and prophecy?

That always causes me problems when people run that together.

Also when they run the word gifts and manifestations together without distinction it makes
dialogue hard and its easy for me to seem im saying something im not.

So maybe you were wrong im not sure. Im probably a continuationists
to cessationists and a cessationist to a continuationist.

Without clear defination of terms who knows what anyone is talking about.

Certainly i dont see what they were doing in the first century being done
today....if it was the same i wouldnt be against it.
Why don't you tell us what you really mean, squirrelthat'sabiding ;)
-----
Seriously though, it is not complicated, God gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit and from that we are given manifestation gifts .

_______
Squirrelquote: did you notice you were running together the office(term i use only) of a prophet
and prophecy?

Do tell, squirrel. Could you elaborate or is it, extrapolate, hmm, I get these terms a bit confused sometimes, I mean, why two words that so closely expand thought, can't we have just one, it would make it so that things in our language don't have to be so particular, I mean, do we really need all these different words when one will really do and tell just fine ;)
:)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Why don't you tell us what you really mean, squirrelthat'sabiding ;)
-----
Seriously though, it is not complicated, God gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit and from that we are given manifestation gifts .

_______
Squirrelquote: did you notice you were running together the office(term i use only) of a prophet
and prophecy?

Do tell, squirrel. Could you elaborate or is it, extrapolate, hmm, I get these terms a bit confused sometimes, I mean, why two words that so closely expand thought, can't we have just one, it would make it so that things in our language don't have to be so particular, I mean, do we really need all these different words when one will really do and tell just fine ;)
:)
since it appears this thread is carrying on, i'll take a chance on posting
*looks around for Still*

green - could you reference in scripture "manifestation gifts "?

sincerely,:)

G

GreenNnice

Why thair, schertinlee, ohzone ! :)

Manifestations=spiritual gifts . Think of it like business, I do, anyway, a manifest (list) that is simple piece of paper yet it includes every item's identification in the pallet of goods :)

" There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy...." 1 Cor. 12

Now, you weren't-uh tryin' ta GIT me to does a quix study on the Trinity, were ya ;)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Why thair, schertinlee, ohzone ! :)

Manifestations=spiritual gifts . Think of it like business, I do, anyway, a manifest (list) that is simple piece of paper yet it includes every item's identification in the pallet of goods :)

" There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy...." 1 Cor. 12

Now, you weren't-uh tryin' ta GIT me to does a quix study on the Trinity, were ya ;)
LOL. i hadn't thought of the Trinity study, but i suppose it does factor in when we discuss what happened at Pentecost.
depending on how we interpret historical documentation, and whether on not we are trying to either - place ourselves into the passage, or bring it out of it's context.

i'm a cessatio.....uh.....*checks for stillman*

Acts 2 is the awesome miracle which already happened, according to Peter.

this is that....

nuff said by me here, greenster:D
XXXXX

G

GreenNnice

Explain the fullness of this below 'message' (prophetic word?) from God breathed you, ohzone, in some words, thx :)

Acts 2 is the awesome miracle which already happened, according to Peter.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
G

GreenNnice

prophetic word? nah...not from me bud.

um....could we do it over here green?:)

http://christianchat.com/bible-disc...spensationalism-zionism-related-theories.html << click
I just believe when someone claims something against what I believe could be the Holy Spirit quenched that , to me, the word becomes prophetic, and, this is not judging you in the least bit, but, ohzone milady, it is NEVER in a good way for my Spirit to hear judgmentalism on the spirits of those who BELIEVE in the SAME God as you, have different means of connecting with the SAME God that saved you both by grace, through faith, that NEITHER of you should boast of YOUR quiet salvation 'works' in of His will or there loud works' done of His will. BOTH are following Christ His way for them and both , by His blood shed, understanding the fullness of His covering, are bound, ticketed, and, agented, DONE DEAL!, for Heaven :)

----
Nay, I won't bring Peter up over there, about why gifts stopped in bible times, right now, anyway, the Lord leads, God bless you, zoneoh,Love ya, too, , sister :)

Last edited by a moderator:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
BOTH are following Christ His way for them and both , by His blood shed, understanding the fullness of His covering, are bound, ticketed, and, agented, DONE DEAL!, for Heaven :)
i like it:)

P

peterT

----
Nay, I won't bring Peter up over there, about why gifts stopped in bible times, right now, anyway, the Lord leads, God bless you, zoneoh,Love ya, too, , sister :)
Interesting little story, but nothing to do with Jesus, and nothing to do with the spirit of God or the word of God.

Woops there is the spirit and gifts not in Bible times but in the last days.

Rv11;3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Acts2;17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

P

peterT

What is different about now? is not the NT message complete? what else is there to say that we are not already told in the NT scripture?
That’s so far off being a biblical comment it’s not funny, and I doubt it should even be in the vocabulary of the Christian faith.

I wonder if God would like to say something about this in the future

Revelation 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

I wonder if God would like to say something new here.

Matthew 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

But all this doesn’t matter if you are an old bottle and can’t take the new wine.

Mark 2:22 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

when God said their would be prophets again?? yet they were foretold?

It was foretold that john the Baptist/ Elijah would come.

It was foretold that Jesus would come.

But it was not foretold of the disciples who were prophets, and helped changed the course of history, not a word was written about them.

You can’t judge things to come only on what’s foretold