The Millennium is a Pharisee Doctrine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 17, 2020
Revelation is indeed a book of violence but is also a book of the blessed assured hope that Jesus will one day return and that God's creation will be made new. Only then will there truly be peace and joy. Just because you don't agree with the book of Revelation you are then free to disregard and put your own unique spin on it to suit your narrative. The book of Revelation is in integral part of the Word of God.
You are confusing the New Heavens and Earth (forever) with the Jewish Millennium (1000 years).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This shows it is now happening.

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900) This happens while David is buried,
This is no way states that Jesus is Israel. How in the world did you come up with that theory based on this passage?

Jan 17, 2020
This is no way states that Jesus is Israel. How in the world did you come up with that theory based on this passage?
Here's how Jesus is Israel in the NT.
Jesus is Israel.

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” Galatians 3:16 (KJV 1900)

“For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV 1900)

Moses and Paul called Abraham’s seed both Hebrews and Israel.

“Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel: for the Philistines said, Lest the Hebrews make them swords or spears:” (1 Samuel 13:19)

“Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;” (Philippians 3:5)

“And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days’ journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.” (Exodus 3:18)

“Then said the princes of the Philistines, What do these Hebrews here? And Achish said unto the princes of the Philistines, Is not this David, the servant of Saul the king of Israel, which hath been with me these days, or these years, and I have found no fault in him since he fell unto me unto this day?” (1 Samuel 29:3)

“Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I.” (2 Corinthians 11:22)

Therefore Jesus IS Israel, Abraham’s Seed (Singular Galatians 3:16) along with believers. “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:29 (KJV 1900)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You are confusing the New Heavens and Earth (forever) with the Jewish Millennium (1000 years).
No I'm not. I am merely stating that based just on the passage I supplied Jesus has not yet set up His earthly kingdom. Until God creates the New Heavens and New earth there will truly not be peace and joy.

Jan 17, 2020
No I'm not. I am merely stating that based just on the passage I supplied Jesus has not yet set up His earthly kingdom. Until God creates the New Heavens and New earth there will truly not be peace and joy.
Jesus says the kingdom is spiritual only = no physical millennium. The next thing up, right around the corner is the end of the world and the New Creation of the Heavens and Earth.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Here's how Jesus is Israel in the NT.
Jesus is Israel.

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” Galatians 3:16 (KJV 1900)

“For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV 1900)

Moses and Paul called Abraham’s seed both Hebrews and Israel.

“Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel: for the Philistines said, Lest the Hebrews make them swords or spears:” (1 Samuel 13:19)

“Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;” (Philippians 3:5)

“And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days’ journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.” (Exodus 3:18)

“Then said the princes of the Philistines, What do these Hebrews here? And Achish said unto the princes of the Philistines, Is not this David, the servant of Saul the king of Israel, which hath been with me these days, or these years, and I have found no fault in him since he fell unto me unto this day?” (1 Samuel 29:3)

“Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I.” (2 Corinthians 11:22)

Therefore Jesus IS Israel, Abraham’s Seed (Singular Galatians 3:16) along with believers. “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:29 (KJV 1900)
Huh? I don't believe that there would be one person in a million that could come to the conclusion that Jesus is Israel based on these verses. Also, how does this prove that Jesus has already established His kingdom on earth? It hasn't happened.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Jesus says the kingdom is spiritual only = no physical millennium. The next thing up, right around the corner is the end of the world and the New Creation of the Heavens and Earth.
OK, where in the bible does Jesus say that His kingdom on only spiritual and not physical? After His resurrection Jesus was both physical and spiritual. This is clearly stated in the gospels and also the book of Acts among other parts of scripture.

Jan 17, 2020
Huh? I don't believe that there would be one person in a million that could come to the conclusion that Jesus is Israel based on these verses. Also, how does this prove that Jesus has already established His kingdom on earth? It hasn't happened.
1) Paul says Abraham's seed is not the Jews, but Jesus. 2) Abraham's seed was first called the Hebrews and then Israel. 3) This means Jesus is Israel, Abraham's seed.

Here's Matthew saying the same. “When Israel was a child, then I loved him, And called my son out of Egypt.” (Hosea 11:1)

compare to; “And (Jesus) was there (in Egypt) until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.” (Matthew 2:15)

Jan 17, 2020
OK, where in the bible does Jesus say that His kingdom on only spiritual and not physical? After His resurrection Jesus was both physical and spiritual. This is clearly stated in the gospels and also the book of Acts among other parts of scripture.
Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

“I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

“That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” Luke 16:16 (KJV 1900)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

“I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Revelation 1:9 (NASB95)

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12 (KJV 1900)

“That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.” Acts 19:8 (KJV 1900)

“And when thy days [David] be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.” 2 Samuel 7:12–13 (KJV 1900)
The key element in Matthew 3 in regard to the establishment of the Kingdom of God is the term 'at hand'. This term refers to something that is near but not yet happened. In the eyes of God 'at hand' could be an indeterminate amount of time. Even Jesus himself does not know the day or the hour that He shall returned but only the Father. Until Jesus returns there can be no establishment of His kingdom. Jesus is going to return in the clouds with His saints, from the East to the West every eye shall see Him, and when He sets foot on the Mount of Olives it will be split in two. This has not happen yet.

Jan 17, 2020
The key element in Matthew 3 in regard to the establishment of the Kingdom of God is the term 'at hand'. This term refers to something that is near but not yet happened. In the eyes of God 'at hand' could be an indeterminate amount of time. Even Jesus himself does not know the day or the hour that He shall returned but only the Father. Until Jesus returns there can be no establishment of His kingdom. Jesus is going to return in the clouds with His saints, from the East to the West every eye shall see Him and when He sets foot on the Mount of Olives it will be split in two. This has not happen yet.
This is Dispensationalist reasoning needed to shove the Sermon on the Mount (Christ's doctrine) away from the Church into a Millennium for the Jews. This is heresy. John says if any come to you having not the doctrine of Christ, he isn't saved. And you should not let him into your house or wish him a good day.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This is Dispensationalist reasoning needed to shove the Sermon on the Mount (Christ's doctrine) away from the Church into a Millennium for the Jews. This is heresy. John says if any come to you having not the doctrine of Christ, he isn't saved. And you should not let him into your house or wish him a good day.
Actually, the term 'at hand' can be explained in any dictionary. What I stated is written in the book of Revelation and also the splitting of the Mount of Olives is stated in Zechariah 14:4. John wrote the book of Revelation as he was prompted to do so by the Holy Spirit so I don't believe that he wrote heresy. If he did then he was misguided and that certainly was not the case as far as I'm concerned. What John wrote is trustworthy and true.

Jan 17, 2020
Actually, the term 'at hand' can be explained in any dictionary. What I stated is written in the book of Revelation and also the splitting of the Mount of Olives is stated in Zechariah 14:4. John wrote the book of Revelation as he was prompted to do so by the Holy Spirit so I don't believe that he wrote heresy. If he did then he was misguided and that certainly was not the case as far as I'm concerned. What John wrote is trustworthy and true.
How about the other verses that said it was here already?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
How about the other verses that said it was here already?
None of what you provided states that Jesus is Israel and that His kingdom has been established and that this kingdom is only spiritual and not physical. I do appreciate however the effort you have put into this discussion but do feel like now it is time for me to move on, at least for the time being. It's been a slice Dave. God Bless.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Note, this took place while David is still buried.
What does this have to with David’s throne being in Heaven or on earth?

Im guessing you are against the Lord’s Prayer. Ya know. Where we pray “Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done, on EARTH, as it is in Heaven. “

Jesus Christ never sat on the throne of King David as promised to Mary by the Angel Gabriel.

Why do you think God sent Gabriel to lie?

Jan 17, 2020

Im guessing you are against the Lord’s Prayer. Ya know. Where we pray “Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done, on EARTH, as it is in Heaven. “

Jesus Christ never sat on the throne of King David as promised to Mary by the Angel Gabriel.

David will not have a throne on earth - ever. It is now in heavenly Jerusalem above where Christ rules the nations with a rod of iron. Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I love the Lord's Prayer and say it each morning.

Jan 17, 2020
None of what you provided states that Jesus is Israel and that His kingdom has been established and that this kingdom is only spiritual and not physical. I do appreciate however the effort you have put into this discussion but do feel like now it is time for me to move on, at least for the time being. It's been a slice Dave. God Bless.
It says exactly that. But only the born again can see it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It says exactly that. But only the born again can see it.
I became a born again believer over 50 years ago and I don't see anything to support your point of view in regards to your OP or other points you have raised.

Jan 17, 2020
I became a born again believer over 50 years ago and I don't see anything to support your point of view in regards to your OP or other points you have raised.
Jesus said only the born again can see it. I have no problem.