The Nephilim

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The Nephilim/Sons of God are nothing more than large human men, that married human women and had children

This Chuck Missler's false teaching, that Angel's procreated with human women is a farce
The personal decisions about the Nephilim separates the men from the boys! To believe in them is to believe that God's eternal world can be different from our fleshly world. You need to believe that there is nothing that God has changed.

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
Anyone ever given any thought about these biblical creatures, giants, or whatever they are?
👏👏👏I enjoy this topic even though some get super hot over it!!! Fallen angels mating with daughters of Adam in order to corrupt the seed of Eve, from whom will come the one who crushes the serpents head. All flesh becoming corrupt except Noah and the other 7......

Feb 21, 2016
I've heard God's voice talking about the Nephilim once,and he mentioned the Anunnaki.That was pretty weird.I don't believe the Sumerian story version but they're one and the same.Chuck Missler videos are pretty interesting but I'd take things like that with a grain of salt.Unless it's backed up by scripture.I really do believe that there will be a alien deception of some kind but in reality they'll be interdimensional demons.I've witnessed UFO's and one that was even just over 100 meters away.My younger brother once witnessed a reptilian type being staring at him just off the side of the road.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Anyone ever given any thought about these biblical creatures, giants, or whatever they are?
There've been gigantic discussions from time to time. Kindly check the older threads (unless the Nephilim sabotaged them).:cool:

Nov 26, 2012
One must read more than one version of the Word, then research the evolution of translations in order to say with some understanding the Nephilim were sons of angels or sons of men.

Also, we must all consider that although we believe Jesus-Yeshua, we are each restricted within the
confines of understanding given each of us.

This debate over who and how the Nephilim's came about has not a lot of bearing upon our salvation in the Messiah.

Also with our Father there are varying degrees and levels of understanding in almost any topic worthy of rendering both sides of any given topic correct, yet unimportant to our Salvation.

Let none of us insist others understand how we each do, for the only true importance in understanding is the gift of the Gospel, Jesus-Yeshua.

"All who have experienced His gifts of love and the Holy Spirit understand this which is our basic need for salvation
Agreed....but who doesn’t love a good mystery?

Nov 26, 2012
Where is that in Scripture?

NOWHERE.

The inventions of your mind are not relevant to this discussion.
Every time this subject arises, how one defines “angels” and interprets their characteristics is almost a thread within the thread. If someone thinks the Lord is incapable of creating multiple styles of beings, some physical and others ethereal to serve Him according to His purposes than they limit potential understanding. This isn’t the only OT topic that is debated because concrete opinions just prevent alternate interpretation.

I threw it out there that given Adam’s lineage lifespans and that they didn’t have children until their eighties and nineties (their adolescence) was it possible that their growth potential was five times larger? The response, “Nope, don’t be ridiculous! Gigantism is a health condition.” I’m not saying they were or weren’t, but there is definitely a possibility that some refute blindly.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
This is what
Jesus said about Angels
Matt 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This is what
Jesus said about Angels
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
True, but “angels” and “sons of God” are not necessarily the same thing.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This is what Jesus said about Angels -- Matt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
The key is "the angels of God in Heaven". As long as angels (all male) remain angels in Heaven, there is no necessity for marriage. Indeed there could be no marriage since they are all male (never is a female angel presented in Scripture, contrary to all the pictures we see). Angels generally appear as men to men in the Bible.

But the Bible speaks of "the angels which left their first estate" (Heaven) and became "the angels that sinned". These are mentioned in the context of sexual sins. These were the evil angels who took the form of men, had unlawful intercourse with human women ("the daughters of men" in contrast to "the sons of God") and bore gigantic children (Nephilim), who also became men of renown (as noted in all the mythologies of the various lands). According to the pseudepigraphical book of Enoch, they did a lot more, and taught human beings things which they were not supposed to know.

And the increase in wickedness on earth (before the Flood) is attributed to these evil angels, which are now imprisoned in Tartarus (incorrectly translated as "hell") awaiting their final judgment (of being cast into the Lake of Fire).

In the OT (as opposed to the NT) only angels are called "sons of God" (meaning direct creations of God). And the book of Job confirms this.

Nov 26, 2012
This is what
Jesus said about Angels
Cats aren’t married or given in marriage. Are angels like cats?

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But abstain from foolish debates, from tales of genealogies, from contentions and from the contests of The Scribes, for there is no profit in them and such things are worthless. Titus 3:9

Nov 26, 2012
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But abstain from foolish debates, from tales of genealogies, from contentions and from the contests of The Scribes, for there is no profit in them and such things are worthless. Titus 3:9
This was written before COVID isolation. I agree there is nothing to profit. I’m just trying to kill some time.

Jacobkid

May 14, 2021
Google earth
45°18'24"N 22°35'06"E
20210514_084904.jpg
These are all over the earth. Smaller one yet still large. Also living ones of numerous kinds giants, monsters,... They are everywhere. Even quite close to homes.
They live in the earth and in the dead spots of the earth. If you go to the coordinates you can see many in the vicinity of this one. There's a common floating ball thing just below its chin next to the snake head on the chest plate. Its shadow is to the left of the screen.
The whole of the world's religions and beliefs are answered in the bible. You just have to dig to find it.
God bless, in Jesus name.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
But believe what you want
You seem to love being
Contrary
Instead of displaying your personal disdain for me, how about displaying evidence that you have done your homework.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The bible clearly states the giants were large human beings, it's that simple

A Cubit = 18"

King OG had a bed made of iron that was 13 feet long, and 6 feet wide, a big human

Deuteronomy 3:11-13KJV
11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.
12 And this land, which we possessed at that time, from Aroer, which is by the river Arnon, and half mount Gilead, and the cities thereof, gave I unto the Reubenites and to the Gadites.
13 And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, being the kingdom of Og, gave I unto the half tribe of Manasseh; all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants.

Goliath was about 13.5 feet tall, bigger than the King of Og, both "Human Men"

1 Samuel 17:4KJV
4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
Great post, thank you. :)