The new Woke movement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There are numerous translations of the Bible, many of which are translated from the King James Version.
Wrong. Do your homework. I challenge you to find three translations which are "translated from the King James Version". I'll even give you one to start: Scrivener, who translated the KJV back into Greek.

King James hired the very best interpreters, to interpret all the biblical texts that were available. I therefore choose to use the KJV for the most accurate interpretation.
That is consistent with your poor reasoning in other matters. For the New Testament, there were only about a dozen manuscripts available in the early 17th century, compared with nearly 6,000 today. Further, the KJV was not translated directly from manuscripts, but from printed Greek editions. In addition, the KJV adopted a significant portion of Tyndale's prior translation into English.

My exegesis as you call it is based on the KJV, along with modern day events, which is what much of what the book of Revelation is about.
I call it exegesis because that's the correct word for it. As for your opinion about the Revelation, I disagree.

Common sense, is a basic understanding, that if what is going on in the environment today correlates with what is described in Revelation 8, which Revelation 9:20 KJV attributes to the love mankind has for the things his hands produce; then I realize that the cause for the destruction of one third of earth's environment in Revelation 8 is due to fossil fuel burning industries.
Yawn. You're stuck on your pseudoscience.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
By the way Gideon, people do need to stay alert, because after 1/3 of the earth's environmental resources are destroyed, is when Satan is kicked out from heaven and vests the Beast with his power, which in turn will have the whole world who are not written in the lambs book of life, in adoration of the new world order. This new world order will supposedly rectify much of the damage that will have been ensuing throughout the world due to its severe degradation. Don't be fooled then, when things look wonderful.
Oh my goodness. Did you miss the part where Jesus said, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven"? "Saw"... as in, past tense?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Wrong. Do your homework. I challenge you to find three translations which are "translated from the King James Version". I'll even give you one to start: Scrivener, who translated the KJV back into Greek.

That is consistent with your poor reasoning in other matters. For the New Testament, there were only about a dozen manuscripts available in the early 17th century, compared with nearly 6,000 today. Further, the KJV was not translated directly from manuscripts, but from printed Greek editions. In addition, the KJV adopted a significant portion of Tyndale's prior translation into English.

I call it exegesis because that's the correct word for it. As for your opinion about the Revelation, I disagree.

Yawn. You're stuck on your pseudoscience.
When King James hired the best translators, this included Greek translators. The project took a couple of years and cost a small fortune. So if any of your other translations entailed the use of dozens of translators, who carefully went over every word in the texts/manuscripts/parchments, etc., then I would consider that translation. There is even a documentary on King James' endeavor in his effort to acquire the most accurate translation.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
When King James hired the best translators, this included Greek translators. The project took a couple of years and cost a small fortune. So if any of your other translations entailed the use of dozens of translators, who carefully went over every word in the texts/manuscripts/parchments, etc., then I would consider that translation. There is even a documentary on King James' endeavor in his effort to acquire the most accurate translation.
All of which pales when you consider that the source material was extremely limited. The best translators on the planet at the time could only work with, at best, a dozen manuscripts. You can't build a wall with only a single brick.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Oh my goodness. Did you miss the part where Jesus said, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven"? "Saw"... as in, past tense?
Jesus, also saw the day when not a single stone would lie on top of another stone in Jerusalem, which is also future.
Check out Revelation 4:1. All events following Revelation 4:1 are hereafter from when John is given the data circa 95 AD. This means Satan in Rev 9 and 12 is kicked out of heaven and cast to the earth during these end times.

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
All of which pales when you consider that the source material was extremely limited. The best translators on the planet at the time could only work with, at best, a dozen manuscripts. You can't build a wall with only a single brick.
Your statement about King James translators having at best a dozen manuscripts to translate doesn't make sense, when it took dozens of translators several years to translate the material they had. Your claim also implies the vast majority of the 66 books in the original King James Version were simply made up, which is ridiculous.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Jesus, also saw the day when not a single stone would lie on top of another stone in Jerusalem, which is also future.
Dead wrong! That prophecy was about the temple specifically, and it was fulfilled specifically in 70 AD.

Matthew 24:1-2 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. "Do you see all these things?" He asked. "I tell you the truth not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

When the Roman army sacked Jerusalem, the commander tried to avoid damaging the temple. However, a fire was started, and it burned the temple buildings, melting the gold with which they were faced. The stones were torn down as the soldiers looted the gold.

Check out Revelation 4:1. All events following Revelation 4:1 are hereafter from when John is given the data circa 95 AD. This means Satan in Rev 9 and 12 is kicked out of heaven and cast to the earth during these end times.
You are operating on the belief that Revelation was written about 95. That view is founded on very sketchy evidence; there is much better evidence that it was written about 65 AD.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Your statement about King James translators having at best a dozen manuscripts to translate doesn't make sense, when it took dozens of translators several years to translate the material they had.
You would not make such statements if you had done your homework! The KJV translators DID NOT translate directly from the manuscripts! They used printed editions, produced on a printing press. These included all five versions from Erasmus (who DID translate directly from the manuscripts), Stephanus (aka. Robert Estienne), Beza, as well as various translations such as that of Luther in German, and the previously-produced English translations.

Your claim also implies the vast majority of the 66 books in the original King James Version were simply made up, which is ridiculous.
You are only displaying your ignorance.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Ha, that little wall is Gods holy preserved word that spurred on the largest revival in history. The new versions fruit...the Laodicean Age.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Ha, that little wall is Gods holy preserved word that spurred on the largest revival in history. The new versions fruit...the Laodicean Age.
Instead of jumping on the KJV-only bandwagon again, read the context in which I made that statement.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Dead wrong! That prophecy was about the temple specifically, and it was fulfilled specifically in 70 AD.

Matthew 24:1-2 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. "Do you see all these things?" He asked. "I tell you the truth not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

When the Roman army sacked Jerusalem, the commander tried to avoid damaging the temple. However, a fire was started, and it burned the temple buildings, melting the gold with which they were faced. The stones were torn down as the soldiers looted the gold.

You are operating on the belief that Revelation was written about 95. That view is founded on very sketchy evidence; there is much better evidence that it was written about 65 AD.
You highlighted "its buildings", thereby you understand that it is more than just the that not one single stone of the temple would stand on top of another. Besides the fact that the current Wailing wall is part of the foundation of the temple that stood when Jesus was there; there are also many other structures that still stand in Jerusalem that were there when Jesus was there. But, let's for arguments sake say it was the 70 AD event; then Jesus saw an event that would be circa 40 years after He was there. So whether the event is 40 years ahead or 2,000 years ahead, the Lord could describe any He chose to.
Jesus is the Word, and the Word was there at the inception of the universe. Everything that was made, was made by Him and for Him. The maker of everything in the Universe some 13.8 billion years ago has seen everything that has transpired unto its finale, which includes the devil being cast out unto the earth.
All of this, however, is off topic about the awakening that is currently occurring among the Lords servants throughout the world, which will continue to grow until the number of them is complete who accept the truth and are sealed with Gods seal of truth (Revelation 7). Likewise, however, as the number of the Lords servants increase in knowledge about the truth, there will also be an increasing number of those who transgress and deny the truth, accepting a lie, so that they may continue to partake in the unrighteousness of this world under Satan (2 Thessalonians 2:9-13).

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
You would not make such statements if you had done your homework! The KJV translators DID NOT translate directly from the manuscripts! They used printed editions, produced on a printing press. These included all five versions from Erasmus (who DID translate directly from the manuscripts), Stephanus (aka. Robert Estienne), Beza, as well as various translations such as that of Luther in German, and the previously-produced English translations.

You are only displaying your ignorance.
Any version is better than no version, but I will not use another versions interpretation to supersede the KJV's interpretation. Once again, however, all of this is off topic, about the awakening to truth occurring today about the injustices and dire environmental results we are seeing today that correlate with the descriptions in Revelation 9:20.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You highlighted "its buildings", thereby you understand that it is more than just the that not one single stone of the temple would stand on top of another.
The temple was a complex, not a single building.

Besides the fact that the current Wailing wall is part of the foundation of the temple that stood when Jesus was there;
That is speculation, not fact, no matter how widely accepted. Further, the foundation is not the building, but the platform on which the building was constructed.

there are also many other structures that still stand in Jerusalem that were there when Jesus was there.
Which is completely irrelevant.

But, let's for arguments sake say it was the 70 AD event; then Jesus saw an event that would be circa 40 years after He was there. So whether the event is 40 years ahead or 2,000 years ahead, the Lord could describe any He chose to.
But what He did describe was the destruction of the temple, not every building in Jerusalem. The prophecy has been fulfilled.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
My point is, who's to say what's happening now isn't the Almighty doing it? Who's to say this growing chaos isn't judgment?
God does not use deception, but Satan is the Arch-Deceiver. So it is not God but Satan who is behind all the present evil developments. Indeed there is a Satanic conspiracy to bring the inhabitants of the world into bondage and damnation. And that is where the world is heading: And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him [the Beast who is the Antichrist], whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Now that the injection of nanoparticles into human beings has become a reality, it would not be unreasonable to connect that development to the eventual Mark of the Beast. Are nanoparticles been injected along with the COVID "vaccines"? It would seem so, even though these "vaccines" are not really the Mark, since the Antichrist is not yet in control.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Any version is better than no version, but I will not use another versions interpretation to supersede the KJV's interpretation.
You're free to choose; however, it is better to make a choice on the basis of correct information.

Once again, however, all of this is off topic, about the awakening to truth occurring today about the injustices and dire environmental results we are seeing today that correlate with the descriptions in Revelation 9:20.
In your opinion, with which I disagree.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
True believers in Christ are they who believe in the Way of Christ, which is to Love God and your neighbor. The transgressors in Daniel 8 do not believe in the Way of Christ, and are therefore those who have profit as their primary god. The welfare of people, or damage to the environment is irrelevant if it stands in the way of their god Mammon.
This sounds confused,
Believe in the 'Way of Christ'? What is the 'way of Christ'?, since Jesus said He IS the Way, the Truth and the Life.
The way of Christ was to come and die for the world's sin. Those who place their faith in Him are pleasing in God's sight, those who reject Him are thrown into outer darkness...

Matthew 22:11-13 (KJV) And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It's all about the PERSON of Jesus Christ, and nothing to do with being Woke.
I pray you appear before Him robed in His righteousness and not your own.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
The temple was a complex, not a single building.

That is speculation, not fact, no matter how widely accepted. Further, the foundation is not the building, but the platform on which the building was constructed.

Which is completely irrelevant.

But what He did describe was the destruction of the temple, not every building in Jerusalem. The prophecy has been fulfilled.
You continue with off topic issues. I will answer you, but I would really like to get back to what I believe to be currently more urgent, about the increase in knowledge of people who are running to and fro throughout the earth in search of truth.

But to answer your point of view about the temple; while I disagree with your perspective about the prophesy about not a single stone left on top of another having been fulfilled; even if it were so, it would still mean the Lord saw and described a future timeline event. The Lord could therefore have described other future timeline events, such as Satan along with his angels being cast out from heaven unto the earth (Revelation 12:9) as when He declares Him having witnessed Satan falling from heaven to the earth as lightning in Luke 10:18. These two descriptions are the same event.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You continue with off topic issues. I will answer you, but I would really like to get back to what I believe to be currently more urgent, about the increase in knowledge of people who are running to and fro throughout the earth in search of truth.

But to answer your point of view about the temple; while I disagree with your perspective about the prophesy about not a single stone left on top of another having been fulfilled; even if it were so, it would still mean the Lord saw and described a future timeline event. The Lord could therefore have described other future timeline events, such as Satan along with his angels being cast out from heaven unto the earth (Revelation 12:9) as when He declares Him having witnessed Satan falling from heaven to the earth as lightning in Luke 10:18. These two descriptions are the same event.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
I continue with off-topic issues, because you keep raising them. If you make an incorrect statement as part of an on-topic post, I will address it.

Jesus did foresee then-future events. Jesus did describe other future events besides the destruction of the temple. None of that supports your position though.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
This sounds confused,
Believe in the 'Way of Christ'? What is the 'way of Christ'?, since Jesus said He IS the Way, the Truth and the Life.
The way of Christ was to come and die for the world's sin. Those who place their faith in Him are pleasing in God's sight, those who reject Him are thrown into outer darkness...

Matthew 22:11-13 (KJV) And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It's all about the PERSON of Jesus Christ, and nothing to do with being Woke.
I pray you appear before Him robed in His righteousness and not your own.
The Way of Christ, which are the two great commandments, and all the commandments hang on, are to love God and your neighbor.
Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

People who then believe in doing no injustice to their neighbor, but instead care for their neighbors well being, believe in the Way of Christ. Look at the sheep in Matthew 25:32-40 who were unaware of their knowing Christ, but to whom Christ declares their having known Him, through their belief in loving their neighbor. The Way of Christ.
On the other hand, you have the transgressors throughout the world, whose god is lucre, and therefore do not believe in loving God or their neighbor, as it conflicts with their love for Mammon, to make more money by any and all means necessary. Where ones heart is, is where their treasure is.
Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The Way of Christ, which are the two great commandments, and all the commandments hang on, are to love God and your neighbor.
Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

People who then believe in doing no injustice to their neighbor, but instead care for their neighbors well being, believe in the Way of Christ. Look at the sheep in Matthew 25:32-40 who were unaware of their knowing Christ, but to whom Christ declares their having known Him, through their belief in loving their neighbor. The Way of Christ.
On the other hand, you have the transgressors throughout the world, whose god is lucre, and therefore do not believe in loving God or their neighbor, as it conflicts with their love for Mammon, to make more money by any and all means necessary. Where ones heart is, is where their treasure is.
Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Let me simply ask,..How much good works must you do in order to be saved?