The odd couple

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Being single has its blessings...sometimes its just fun to people watch other peoples dramas, although how watching tv is any different than twitching the curtain and spying on the neighbours I dont really know...

Anyway, one of the things that makes for the most drama is...the odd couple.

And I dont mean, one half is super rich and the other is poor, or they are different races from each other, or one is tall and the other is short. or one is really old and the other is young. Or even one is a believer and the other isnt.

What I mean is when two really different personalities types get together. Do they complement each other or are they just going to aggravate each other?

One that makes for the most comedy is one who is a super neatnik and the other is a 'messy'.
Do you know couples like this? Are your parents like this? do they get along? Or have they evolved a strategy of compromise, or maybe perhaps total blindness (or deafness) to each others faults. Pray tell!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sure, my best friend and his wife are that kind of couple. He's really reserved and she wears her heart on her sleeve. He can do anything with a machine and she's a librarian.

They respect each other's strengths and between the two of them they handle just about anything life brings.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its not just odd couples on tv I found all sorts of 'odd couple' childrens books

Rabbit and Bear
Snake and Lizard
Elephant and Piggie
Skunk and Badger

then theres sisters/girls who hate each other.... and then become best friends
Ivy and Bean
Ella and Olivia
Ramona and Beezus

what about the Bible would you say Adam and Eve were the original odd couple? lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Its not just odd couples on tv I found all sorts of 'odd couple' childrens books

Rabbit and Bear
Snake and Lizard
Elephant and Piggie
Skunk and Badger
What? No "Fox and Hound"? That was a classic video!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Frog and Toad
Ernie and Bert

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Deafness is really a thing I reckon

You can turn a blind eye but you can also turn a deaf ear

I have observed this amongst aged couples....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Deafness is really a thing I reckon

You can turn a blind eye but you can also turn a deaf ear

I have observed this amongst aged couples....
You can do both on the forum too, although here it is called putting people on ignore.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
haha came across this netflix gem

Use for my talent

A drama about when a neat freak guy meets a messy girl,

May watch it.

Though I recommend A streetcat named Bob and its christmas sequel. Its about a stray cat that goes to live with a recovering drug addict. True story!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Jerry and I are an odd couple. Like night and day. From our religion to our politics we are opposites. He is an early riser and I go to bed late or early in the AM.... but I think we compliment each other and pick up where the other one lacks. In November we will have been married 7 years.

Thanks to CC for us being able to meet and marry... I like being a part of an odd couple.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Jerry and I are an odd couple. Like night and day. From our religion to our politics we are opposites. He is an early riser and I go to bed late or early in the AM.... but I think we compliment each other and pick up where the other one lacks. In November we will have been married 7 years.

Thanks to CC for us being able to meet and marry... I like being a part of an odd couple.
wow, wait.,,you are different religions?

I thought you were both christians!

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
wow, wait.,,you are different religions?

I thought you were both christians!
We are both Christians, but Jerry was raised Catholic and I was raised Seventh-Day-Adventist about as opposite on the scale as you can get.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We are both Christians, but Jerry was raised Catholic and I was raised Seventh-Day-Adventist about as opposite on the scale as you can get.
Do your in-laws ever fight/argue about the rapture?

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Do your in-laws ever fight/argue about the rapture?
Jerry and I are both 66 years old the In-Laws as in our parents are all gone now. No we don't really argue about religion.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am supposing they are soul sleeping somewhere in purgatory.

Huh no in-laws! It must be bliss then.

Its like if Romeo and Juliets families just didnt hate each other.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I very much like it too.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I very much like it too.
let me ask are you also like the neat/messy odd couple...which one is the neat and which one is the messy one?

I was thinking maybe Tourist was the neat one cos hes always going to the laundrymat. But it could be he only goes there because he is messy and gets sent there as punishment....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
let me ask are you also like the neat/messy odd couple...which one is the neat and which one is the messy one?

I was thinking maybe Tourist was the neat one cos hes always going to the laundrymat. But it could be he only goes there because he is messy and gets sent there as punishment....
You are right, I am the neat one in the marriage but maybe I might have a touch of OCD.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
why do so many people have OCD it seems
If you had another disorder, like say Bipolar Disorder, people vilified you and made out like you were a dangerous psychopath, that needs to be locked away or drugged on meds but if you have OCD obssessive compulsive disorder its kind of accepted....as a good thing and you dont need to be locked away...?!

When I am sure its just as disruptive and seriously impairing and you may need help coping with it.