The precursor days of Sorrow...., so what's next?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
To those of us who see Covid-19 as a pestilence representing one of the beginning of sorrows in the Olivets, what then do you believe to be next on the horizon prior to the appearance of the Abomination of desolation, also in the Olivets?

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

essokahill

Jan 20, 2004
To those of us who see Covid-19 as a pestilence representing one of the beginning of sorrows in the Olivets, what then do you believe to be next on the horizon prior to the appearance of the Abomination of desolation, also in the Olivets?

Matthew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
It very interesting Luigi. What I mean by that is whether those things prophesied are going to be man-manipulated or heavenly released. As for the case of COVID-19 that seems to be the former as we have seen the blame- game as to its origins. Whatever be the case one thing is clear it seems to have been taken over by people who don't have a good picture of the state of God's world as we see it now, and they are ready to use all that they have in terms of power, money, influence to do the devils bidding which is control, and extermination of the world's population. To answer your question more directly yes, I strongly believe it is the beginning. All that is left now prophetically speaking will be the rise and establishment of the former Roman Empire whose pangs is already being felt now as we speak.

Jan 17, 2020

The abomination of desolation happened in AD 70. Originally in 161 BC when Antiochus sacrifice a pig in the Temple. Jesus used it as a symbol of the Romans destroying the Temple in the destruction of Jerusalem. The world has been under God's 4 sore judgements ever since. War, famine, plague, and wild animals. (Bats that cause disease included).

Nov 16, 2019
It very interesting Luigi. What I mean by that is whether those things prophesied are going to be man-manipulated or heavenly released. As for the case of COVID-19 that seems to be the former as we have seen the blame- game as to its origins. Whatever be the case one thing is clear it seems to have been taken over by people who don't have a good picture of the state of God's world as we see it now, and they are ready to use all that they have in terms of power, money, influence to do the devils bidding which is control, and extermination of the world's population. To answer your question more directly yes, I strongly believe it is the beginning. All that is left now prophetically speaking will be the rise and establishment of the former Roman Empire whose pangs is already being felt now as we speak.
I've always been hesitant to think the end time events are starting whenever things go awry in the world, but ever since Trump's election I am for the first time thinking this is it, folks. Too many things are lining up with prophecy to not at least wonder if it's the beginning of the end.

essokahill

Jan 20, 2004
I've always been hesitant to think the end time events are starting whenever things go awry in the world, but ever since Trump's election I am for the first time thinking this is it, folks. Too many things are lining up with prophecy to not at least wonder if it's the beginning of the end.
You are right if we are closer to God and in prayers, he guides us in revelations about the times even as we search the scriptures to appropriate that.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The abomination of desolation happened in AD 70. Originally in 161 BC when Antiochus sacrifice a pig in the Temple. Jesus used it as a symbol of the Romans destroying the Temple in the destruction of Jerusalem. The world has been under God's 4 sore judgements ever since. War, famine, plague, and wild animals. (Bats that cause disease included).
I question your last two sentences. I don't see in Scripture where these troubles are prophesied to last thousands of years. Perhaps you could explain?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The abomination of desolation happened in AD 70. Originally in 161 BC when Antiochus sacrifice a pig in the Temple. Jesus used it as a symbol of the Romans destroying the Temple in the destruction of Jerusalem.
Another totally false interpretation of Scripture. You should stop trying to MISLEAD people.

As to the question in the title, the third temple in Jerusalem must be built before the prophecy of the Abomination of Desolation is fulfilled. That is the temple which will be desecrated by the Antichrist.

Jan 17, 2020
Another totally false interpretation of Scripture. You should stop trying to MISLEAD people.

As to the question in the title, the third temple in Jerusalem must be built before the prophecy of the Abomination of Desolation is fulfilled. That is the temple which will be desecrated by the Antichrist.
This is Dispensationalism condemned as heresy in its Premillennial form by the historic Church. It didn't exist until the 1800s which means if true, the Church was in the dark since the first century.

Jan 17, 2020
I question your last two sentences. I don't see in Scripture where these troubles are prophesied to last thousands of years. Perhaps you could explain?
Antiochus committed the AoD in 161 BC when he sacrificed a pig on the temple altar. (If interested search it out). Jesus used this as a metaphor for the destruction of the Temple in AD 70. Luke says it happened when the armies surrounded Jerusalem. And it was the sign for Christians to leave town, i.e. Jerusalem. No Christians are known to have been killed. Jesus said it was the worst tribulation ever to be. It was Jewish, not Christian. Let's start a thread if you would like to know more.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
We are living in the "days of sorrows" IF one is referring to the Tribulations...........

The NEXT time Christ appears, when the Eastern Sky splits, and He comes down with the Saints, will be THE END OF TIME for earth. He will gather His Church, the judgement will commence and the wheat will be separated from the chafe..........

That WILL be IT! So, I hope and pray all here are ready

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Antiochus committed the AoD in 161 BC when he sacrificed a pig on the temple altar. (If interested search it out). Jesus used this as a metaphor for the destruction of the Temple in AD 70. Luke says it happened when the armies surrounded Jerusalem. And it was the sign for Christians to leave town, i.e. Jerusalem. No Christians are known to have been killed. Jesus said it was the worst tribulation ever to be. It was Jewish, not Christian. Let's start a thread if you would like to know more.
Clearly you didn't read my post very carefully. Care to try again?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Fig Tree (Israel)
1948 Nation reborn.
1 Generation = 80 years at a stretch (Psalm 90v10)
2028 Max for Christ's return (Matthew 24).
Count back 7 years for tribulation.
2021 is max for the Flying Away. But most probably 2020.

Sep 3, 2016
We are in the days of "Lot," (coming soon the Rapture). The last of the last days of the Church age.

If the calendars are right, the church is now 1,987 years old. The church began on the day of Pentecost, which was some 33 years after the birth of Christ. So, we deduct 33 years from 2020, which gives us the number of 1,987 as it regards the age of the modern church. In other words, we are living in the last days of the church age, which means that Bible prophecy concerning end-time events is about to happen. As it regards the work of God on this earth, every 2,000 years or every 1000 years something tremendous has taken place. Momentous things most definitely happened at other times, but hallmark events took place at the time frames mentioned.

Because of iniquity, love is waxing cold - The coronavirus can’t hold a candle to the perilous (difficult) times ahead. Things will not get better until the Second Coming!

Many have come in by Way of the Cross, but have gone out through the many other ways offered by Satan, the world and the lust of their flesh (2 Peter 2:21). They have abandoned the Cross for other things. Phil. 3:17-18

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
You can even read in the Old Testament all these things happened before then..

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
It very interesting Luigi. What I mean by that is whether those things prophesied are going to be man-manipulated or heavenly released. As for the case of COVID-19 that seems to be the former as we have seen the blame- game as to its origins.
You are correct essokahill in that covid-19 being one of the beginning of sorrows is man derived. According to Revelation 9:20 all the plagues in Revelation chapters 7 & 8 are attributed to the love mankind has for the things his hands produce. Today nearly all the things mans hands produce are through industries that burn fossil fuels, and therefore are man derived.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Dave-L, I do not believe that the Lord is angry about some foreign entity (which the Lord allowed to take over an unjust Israel in the 2nd century BC) conducting some animal sacrifice.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
For those of us who believe we are now living in the last times depicted in the book of Revelation, one of the next items I believe will soon emerge in conjunction with the great unemployment we see currently increasing exponentially throughout the world's third world nations is their total economic collapse, whereupon third world nations will then initiate a program of work for ones daily sustenance as described for the third horseman of the apocalypse.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I did wonder if this virus was a part of prophecy but now I think it is more of a wake up call. I think that yes while it may be a a part of prophecy it is not prophecy in revelations, however if you notice more and more believers are looking into bible prophecy than before and more and more are beginning to look for his church to be taken and for all this horrible tribulation to unfold.
I think that is no accident

Jan 17, 2020
Dave-L, I do not believe that the Lord is angry about some foreign entity (which the Lord allowed to take over an unjust Israel in the 2nd century BC) conducting some animal sacrifice.
It's in Daniel 8. Also much history for the casual reader.