The Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Show me where Josephus speaks of titus as the antichrist or where he stands in the temple and declares himself GOD..........
Please be careful. That's not what Paul says that the Man of Sin does. The Bible is so precise. It's within 0.0001 +/- .00001 mm. Now that's a tight tolerance!!

Here's the text.

the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, [SUP]4 [/SUP]who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

1) Man of Sin is revealed
2) He opposes and exalts himself above all called God or is worshiped
3) He sits as God in the Temple of God
4) Showing himself that he is God

He never states verbally that he is God. He sits in the Temple and allows himself to be worshiped as God above everything else.

Exalt: to raise in rank, honor, power, character, quality, etc.; elevate

Now here's what Josephus says:

War 6.6.1: 1. AND now the Romans, upon the flight of the seditious into the city, and upon the burning of the holy house itself, and of all the buildings round about it, brought their ensigns to the temple and set them over against its eastern gate; and there did they offer sacrifices to them, and there did they make Titus imperator with the greatest acclamations of joy.

So we have sacrifices and worship to the image of Vespasian and Titus (the ensigns bear their graven images in 3D).

And we have a declaration that Titus is imperator.

Imperator:

1. an absolute or supreme ruler.

2. (in Imperial Rome) emperor.

Titus accepts all this praise and worship from his men. Are we getting close? Can you at least see that this is starting to line up? Keep in mind, Titus was the only Roman emperor to stand in the Temple and have people worship him. That clue is HUGE. But there is more. This happens about a week later so Titus is still in the Temple complex as the foreign conquering king. The remaining priests who opposed the war and were loyal to Rome came to Titus to beg for their lives. They were deceived in their minds that Titus was there to rescue them as loyal subjects of Rome.

Titus gives them a long speach about how great and powerful Rome is compared to all other nations. Then says this: On the fifth day afterward, the priests that were pined with the famine came down, and when they were brought to Titus by the guards, they begged for their lives; but he replied, that the time of pardon was over as to them, and that this very holy house, on whose account only they could justly hope to be preserved, was destroyed; and that it was agreeable to their office that priests should perish with the house itself to which they belonged. So he ordered them to be put to death.

us Romans which hath excited you against us; who, in the first place, have given you this land to possess; and, in the next place, have set over you kings of your own nation; and, in the third place, have preserved the laws of your forefathers to you, and have withal permitted you to live...you turned your too great plenty against those that gave it you, and, like merciless serpents, have thrown out your poison against those that treated you kindly...And now, vile wretches, do you desire to treat with me by word of mouth? To what purpose is it that you would save such a holy house as this was, which is now destroyed? What preservation can you now desire after the destruction of your temple? Yet do you stand still at this very time in your armor; nor can you bring yourselves so much as to pretend to be supplicants even in this your utmost extremity. O miserable creatures! what is it you depend on? Are not your people dead? is not your holy house gone? is not your city in my power?

So Titus acts as God, in place of God taking credit for giving them their land and establishing their kings. He also decides who lives and dies. Is there anything more God-like?

Last edited:

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Titus even calls them vile wretches and snakes. Sound familiar?

Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

If the people of their own day see their wickedness as exceptional, then AD 70 is the right place in history to be looking for this stuff.

H

heartofdavid

He is only coming back for the faithful. Gathered before and during the GT.

GET READY.

The bride is consumed with the groom. Try it.

Most of the anti bride,anti rapture mavericks will deal with the AC. Gruesome business,but effective.

It is about a harvest,a gathering a wedding,and a place in heaven as Jesus said at the last supper.

Get ready. It is really all that matters.
Historical view is a road to nowhere. A road to being left behind,hopefully refuse the mark,and be beheaded.

Gods speed

H

heartofdavid

Please be careful. That's not what Paul says that the Man of Sin does. The Bible is so precise. It's within 0.0001 +/- .00001 mm. Now that's a tight tolerance!!

Here's the text.

the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, [SUP]4 [/SUP]who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

1) Man of Sin is revealed
2) He opposes and exalts himself above all called God or is worshiped
3) He sits as God in the Temple of God
4) Showing himself that he is God

He never states verbally that he is God. He sits in the Temple and allows himself to be worshiped as God above everything else.

Exalt: to raise in rank, honor, power, character, quality, etc.; elevate

Now here's what Josephus says:

War 6.6.1: 1. AND now the Romans, upon the flight of the seditious into the city, and upon the burning of the holy house itself, and of all the buildings round about it, brought their ensigns to the temple and set them over against its eastern gate; and there did they offer sacrifices to them, and there did they make Titus imperator with the greatest acclamations of joy.

So we have sacrifices and worship to the image of Vespasian and Titus (the ensigns bear their graven images in 3D).

And we have a declaration that Titus is imperator.

Imperator:

1. an absolute or supreme ruler.

2. (in Imperial Rome) emperor.

Titus accepts all this praise and worship from his men. Are we getting close? Can you at least see that this is starting to line up? Keep in mind, Titus was the only Roman emperor to stand in the Temple and have people worship him. That clue is HUGE. But there is more. This happens about a week later so Titus is still in the Temple complex as the foreign conquering king. The remaining priests who opposed the war and were loyal to Rome came to Titus to beg for their lives. They were deceived in their minds that Titus was there to rescue them as loyal subjects of Rome.

Titus gives them a long speach about how great and powerful Rome is compared to all other nations. Then says this: On the fifth day afterward, the priests that were pined with the famine came down, and when they were brought to Titus by the guards, they begged for their lives; but he replied, that the time of pardon was over as to them, and that this very holy house, on whose account only they could justly hope to be preserved, was destroyed; and that it was agreeable to their office that priests should perish with the house itself to which they belonged. So he ordered them to be put to death.

us Romans which hath excited you against us; who, in the first place, have given you this land to possess; and, in the next place, have set over you kings of your own nation; and, in the third place, have preserved the laws of your forefathers to you, and have withal permitted you to live...you turned your too great plenty against those that gave it you, and, like merciless serpents, have thrown out your poison against those that treated you kindly...And now, vile wretches, do you desire to treat with me by word of mouth? To what purpose is it that you would save such a holy house as this was, which is now destroyed? What preservation can you now desire after the destruction of your temple? Yet do you stand still at this very time in your armor; nor can you bring yourselves so much as to pretend to be supplicants even in this your utmost extremity. O miserable creatures! what is it you depend on? Are not your people dead? is not your holy house gone? is not your city in my power?

So Titus acts as God, in place of God taking credit for giving them their land and establishing their kings. He also decides who lives and dies. Is there anything more God-like?

"he never states he is God"

Not true. THE BIBLE SAYS he demands worship. Forced worship. Worship him or die.

He is the false Christ. He ,in his mind,is God

H

heartofdavid

Another huge white elephant for the ad70 view is the Jews ushered away and the earth swallowing the flood.

In the ad 70 model,no flood,no flying away,no Satan " knowing his time is short".

Hello???? You need the Jew protected,for your deal to get traction.
Instead,the Jews are all but wiped out.

Ad 70 is a NO GO. A misfire. You guys are shooting blanks.

Jul 23, 2017
Another huge white elephant for the ad70 view is the Jews ushered away and the earth swallowing the flood.

In the ad 70 model,no flood,no flying away,no Satan " knowing his time is short".

when i joined this community i thought this article was about da rapture now its turned from "when will da rapture take place?" to "will there even be a rapture/did we all miss it?". end times people

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
when i joined this community i thought this article was about da rapture now its turned from "when will da rapture take place?" to "will there even be a rapture/did we all miss it?". end times people
The Rapture takes place at the end of time, then the eternal kingdom in the new heaven and the new earth

U

Ugly

It has nothing to do with 'end times people'. It's called 'the natural flow of conversation'. Look at any thread in any section that goes on for a few pages. You will see the focus of the conversation shift away from the original topic. People do the same thing in person. It's just the way people communicate, not some detriment of a certain type of people.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Ok Mr sewandsew let's get back to the topic at hand.

You are trying to use Joel's "at hand" statements in 1:15 and 2:1 in an attempt to say that "at hand" statements in the bible are ambiguous. This actually takes away the value of the phrase "at hand" in any prophecy for trying to understand it's fulfillment.

Lets take a look at Ezekiel 12:22-28

Son of man, what is that proverb that ye have in the land of Israel, saying, The days are prolonged, and every vision faileth?

Tell them therefore, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will make this proverb to cease, and they shall no more use it as a proverb in Israel; but say unto them, The days are at hand, and the effect of every vision.

For there shall be no more any vain vision nor flattering divination within the house of Israel.

For I am the LORD: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass; it shall be no more prolonged: for in your days, O rebellious house, will I say the word, and will perform it, saith the Lord GOD.

Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying:

Son of man, behold, they of the house of Israel say, The vision that he seeth is for many days to come, and he prophesieth of the times that are far off.

Therefore say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; There shall none of my words be prolonged any more, but the word which I have spoken shall be done, saith the Lord GOD.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to Joel, Peter stated that Joel 2:28 was being fulfilled in his day:

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

I pointed out previously that Joel said afterward, this afterward occurs after the previous "at hand" statements in 1:15 and 2:1.

If the "afterward" prophecy was coming true when Peter inspired by the holy spirit then it must be true that the prophecies that were "at hand" in 1:15 and 2:1 had already come to pass.

If those "at hand" prophecies had not already come to pass then why would Peter not inform his hearers of this?

Look at the other "at hand" prophecies in the bible such as Isaiah 13:6, Zephaniah 1:7

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
He is only coming back for the faithful. Gathered before and during the GT.

GET READY.

The bride is consumed with the groom. Try it.

Most of the anti bride,anti rapture mavericks will deal with the AC. Gruesome business,but effective.

It is about a harvest,a gathering a wedding,and a place in heaven as Jesus said at the last supper.

Get ready. It is really all that matters.
Historical view is a road to nowhere. A road to being left behind,hopefully refuse the mark,and be beheaded.

Gods speed
There's a new movie coming out soon called, "Gone with the Wind" staring Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh. It's supposed to be really good, about the American Civil War, I think. Get your tickets early as it will be selling out fast all over the place. I think it opens weekend after next.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
"he never states he is God"

Not true. THE BIBLE SAYS he demands worship. Forced worship. Worship him or die.

He is the false Christ. He ,in his mind,is God
That could be said of most Caesars, don't ya think? King Neb had the same policy. It is nothing new. I can't see anyone going for it today though, man worship that is. It's out dated. I thought people were going to start bowing down to Obama, luckily that didn't happen, well maybe for the Press it did.

This is a different time and a different age. Please find your time ship and come into the 21st century. Yes, it's bad here but at least its real.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That could be said of most Caesars, don't ya think? King Neb had the same policy. It is nothing new. I can't see anyone going for it today though, man worship that is. It's out dated. I thought people were going to start bowing down to Obama, luckily that didn't happen, well maybe for the Press it did.

This is a different time and a different age. Please find your time ship and come into the 21st century. Yes, it's bad here but at least its real.
My favorite Caesar is "Little Caesars"

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013

Pretty sure the 144K ended up safe and sound in Pella, a place prepared in the wilderness by God and a place that Jesus warmed up. "Flying away" just meant going fast, like when I drive to LA from Vegas every week. Man I was flying!!!! That symbolism still holds today.

The "flood" was the Roman solders. Call them "flood" or "locusts", it means the same thing. We have everything we need. Let's see, you're missing a temple and people sacrificing in it (like that will ever be allowed to happen in this day and age). You are missing a human ruler demanding worship as the supreme God. The atheists are going to have a hard time with that one, unless it's Bernie but he could be going to the big house soon.

You need a lot for your puzzle to start coming together. Mine is done, framed and hanging on the wall.

Last edited:

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017

"I can't see anyone going for it today though, man worship that is. It's out dated"

Raising some good points here PL, the days of dictators with that sort of control over many nations has long since gone (a few petty 'taters" still exist).

The SDA have been pulling the same kind of bogus theology claiming that sunday worship will be enforced - try getting 1 billion Hindus and another billion or so Muslims to go along with that.

Of course they will bring up that old saw horse "no buying and selling" yada yada.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017

Their Supreme in Canada is excellent - I buy one every couple of weeks..

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
"I can't see anyone going for it today though, man worship that is. It's out dated"

Raising some good points here PL, the days of dictators with that sort of control over many nations has long since gone (a few petty 'taters" still exist).

The SDA have been pulling the same kind of bogus theology claiming that sunday worship will be enforced - try getting 1 billion Hindus and another billion or so Muslims to go along with that.

Of course they will bring up that old saw horse "no buying and selling" yada yada.
I know. All this prophesy in the NT was absolutely vital to the new church and new faith. All of this stuff was going to happen in their very near future, 70 AD time frame. It was a pretty big deal to Israel and the world that a once powerful nation with a 2,000 year history and a God that protected them was going to be wiped off the map - that's a pretty big thing to happen in their day.

For our futurists friends, they don't even give it a second thought. Instead they are waiting for these same events to repeat but on steroids.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

NO, DAY TWO SINCE THE CHURCH STARTED HASN'T EVEN ENDED BY GOD'S CLOCK.

2 Peter 3:8-9 (ESV)
[SUP]8 [/SUP] But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
[SUP]9 [/SUP] The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.