The real thoughts of losing salvation....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
This come from another post that said you can lose your salvation.... If you lose your salvation I have just a couple questions....

Is that everyone else but you? If you did lose yours how did you get it back? How many times do you get to be able to be saved before you lose it forever? How do you know when you lost it and how do you get saved again since the first time didn't work and you cannot crucify Christ twice? Do you really think you will go to heaven or is it just a prayer and kissing your "butt" goodbye!?!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Nothing like inspiring honest discussion of beliefs by belittling and berating folks who disagree with you is there?

Goodness...…….

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Nothing like inspiring honest discussion of beliefs by belittling and berating folks who disagree with you is there?

Goodness...…….
The question is valid but the presentation precludes any reasonable discussion. Well most subjects here have no prospect of reasonable discussion. Goodness.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

Goodness...…….
Nothing like you being sarcastic to prove a point. I admire his passion.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Nothing like you being sarcastic to prove a point. I admire his passion.
Huge difference between passion and belittling/berating...…..

quote:
Do you really think you will go to heaven or is it just a prayer and kissing your "butt" goodbye!?!
end quote.....

That's not passion, it's just snarky

Melach

Mar 28, 2019

Goodness...…….
i ask nicely: what about hebrews 6:4-6? can you get salvation back if you lose it?

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
i ask nicely: what about hebrews 6:4-6? can you get salvation back if you lose it?
Hebrews 6:4 is a challenge. Here`s the thing, the people the writer of Hebrews is talking about had recieved a special and powerful annointing of the Holy Spirit.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Then they fell away.

6 If they shall fall away,

In the Bible days "falling away" means to deny Christ and completely abandon belief in the church.

These people commited the unpardonable sin.

It`s a different situation then some someone who`s fallen back into sin and just needs to be renewed in the Lord.

Mind you I am not addressing the can you lose salvation issue. I`m addressing the passage you are tagging to it.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

quote:
Do you really think you will go to heaven or is it just a prayer and kissing your "butt" goodbye!?!
end quote.....

Well said. I stand corrected. 😎

Feb 28, 2016
LUKE 8:13..
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be you therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
HEB. 6:6.
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh,
and put Him (to an open shame).
11PETER 3:17.
You therefore, beloved, seeing you know these things 'before', 'beware' lest you also,
being led away with the error of the wicked, 'fall from your own stedfastness'.
1JOHN 2:3.
And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His Commandments.
2:15.
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the WORLD, the Love of The Father is NOT in him.
2:24.
Let that therefore abide in you, which you have heard from the beginning.
If that which you have heard from the beginning shall REMAIN in you, you also shall continue in The Son, and in The Father.
11JOHN 1:10.
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you,
and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
The children of Thy elect sister greet thee.
Amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

Hebrews 6:4 is a challenge. Here`s the thing, the people the writer of Hebrews is talking about had recieved a special and powerful annointing of the Holy Spirit.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Then they fell away.

6 If they shall fall away,

In the Bible days "falling away" means to deny Christ and completely abandon belief in the church.

These people commited the unpardonable sin.

It`s a different situation then some someone who`s fallen back into sin and just needs to be renewed in the Lord.

Mind you I am not addressing the can you lose salvation issue. I`m addressing the passage you are tagging to it.
I have an issue with this,

John the apostle wrote in his second people that people who claimed to have been saved, and now are non believers, never were believers in the first place. For as john said “if they were of us hey never would have departed”

So if these people lost salvation because they returned to law (fell to unbelief thus becoming anti-Christ) then john lied. Or if john was true, then the author of hebrews lied, either way we have a contradiction, which renders scripture untrustworthy

Any non believer who comes to a body of believers, hears the word, and is blessed by association with those believers have tasted the hs, and been enlightened, it does. Ot mean they ever became believers,

Truth is these people always trusted the law. They tried this new christian thing out, and decided they could find no real power in it. So they returned to what they always trusted, the law.

Once you do this, you will never come back, because you already rejected it outright, thats why they will never be renewed, because they tasted, said it was not for them, and went back, you do not try something twice, when your faith is strengthened by returning to it, their faith in the law was strengthened when they returned,

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019

quote:
end quote.....

I see you are never sarcastic too....

I LOVE sarcastic humor.... If you offended.... Thank God you have to forgive 70*7! Read my nex 490 post; I'm sure my sarcasm will give you a chance to forgive again...LOL, LOL....LOL...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Hebrews 6:4 is a challenge.
It is primarily a warning. But Paul ends that discussion on a positive note (verse 9): But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Those who think that salvation can be lost do not really understand the Gospel or what salvation is all about.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
This come from another post that said you can lose your salvation.... If you lose your salvation I have just a couple questions....

Is that everyone else but you? If you did lose yours how did you get it back? How many times do you get to be able to be saved before you lose it forever? How do you know when you lost it and how do you get saved again since the first time didn't work and you cannot crucify Christ twice? Do you really think you will go to heaven or is it just a prayer and kissing your "butt" goodbye!?!
How about the idea that salvation is an inheritance reserved for you in heaven, what you have now is hope. Can you lose hope?

1 Pet 1:3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I see you are never sarcastic too....

I LOVE sarcastic humor.... If you offended.... Thank God you have to forgive 70*7! Read my nex 490 post; I'm sure my sarcasm will give you a chance to forgive again...LOL, LOL....LOL...
Thank you for forewarning us as to what to expect from you in future. :(

Forgiveness isn't for the sake of the offender in any action nor does it dismiss the offense and deem their action unimportant. Rather, forgiveness is an exercise in releasing resentment and all negativity generated by the offense.

This is so that through forgiveness that one offended may then release what for a moment caused them distress. And so that they may move forward free of the baggage of a past hurt that forgiveness then dis-empowers so that the offense no longer affects a life worth being lived in peace rather than with the baggage of bitterness.
In other words, forgiveness is a way of saying to an offender, I do not grant you permission to steal my joy.

To answer the question posed in the OP, we cannot lose the free gift of Salvation that God's grace bestowed.
To lose our Salvation would mean we would have to renounce God's promise and then God would have to undo in us what his grace bestowed.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I love the responses, even the people critical of me. Really!

But what I have noticed is that not one person who believes they can lose their salvation has answered my question!?!

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I have an issue with this,

John the apostle wrote in his second people that people who claimed to have been saved, and now are non believers, never were believers in the first place. For as john said “if they were of us hey never would have departed”

So if these people lost salvation because they returned to law (fell to unbelief thus becoming anti-Christ) then john lied. Or if john was true, then the author of hebrews lied, either way we have a contradiction, which renders scripture untrustworthy

Any non believer who comes to a body of believers, hears the word, and is blessed by association with those believers have tasted the hs, and been enlightened, it does. Ot mean they ever became believers,

Truth is these people always trusted the law. They tried this new christian thing out, and decided they could find no real power in it. So they returned to what they always trusted, the law.

Once you do this, you will never come back, because you already rejected it outright, thats why they will never be renewed, because they tasted, said it was not for them, and went back, you do not try something twice, when your faith is strengthened by returning to it, their faith in the law was strengthened when they returned,
If they "were partakers of The Holy Ghost" then the were born again and heaven will be their home. I believe, in order for this scripture to harmonize with the rest of the scriptures, it means that once they were members of the church and preached the truth, then turned away from it, perhaps for the lust of money, and preached a false doctrine for a higher paid salary, that they would never be forgiven, by the church, to return to the true church. They were born again of the Holy Spirit and would not lose their promise of eternal heaven. Just my interpretation, with the understanding that all scriptures must harmonize to be the doctrine that Jesus taught.

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
Nobody is actually saved yet fully, our body is still in bondage to corruption for one. Salvation is in Christ, the reason the Bible talks about salvation in the present sometimes (not always) like ye HAVE eternal life, is because these people are abiding in Christ.

Eternal life is in Christ (John 15) and those who abide in Him, have eternal life. The ones who do not abide in Christ do not have eternal life.

That is why the Bible also speaks of eternal life in the future tense (often overlooked in churches today). "In the HOPE OF eternal life".

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

This is the case for every OSAS proof-text, you look around the context and look look! There is the condition for it. That is a great exercise I wish everyone would do, go read all the proof-texts for OSAS and then look around the context, surrounding chapters and verses and it will quickly reveal the truth of the matter. (Unless you got itching ears and don't want to hear it, that is)

One example:

Colossians 1:20-23
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

See there, it says reconciled all things unto himself, we have been reconciled now (PAST TENSE) therefore its a done deal! Once born again you cant be unborn again! DUH! Or are you saying God is too weak to save you? You need to be a co-savior? We know all the arguments, dont you worry! But then the next verse hits, IF ye continue in the faith.

The same thing with John 10:27. The sheep are supposed to FOLLOW HIM. If that is what the OSAS people preached, I would agree with them. AMEN! Sheep shall never perish and Jesus gives them eternal life, and they follow Him! Nothing shall take them.

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
I can’t wrap my mind around this.
Too bad. I would list verses with salvation spoken about as something to be coming in the future. I have already done it, so I am discouraged to post them, I will just post two, you can look up the cross references on biblehub, surely, or do a quick search IF you are genuinely wondering. Reason for my hesitation: You are most likely just playing dumb. Salvation is spoken of as present, past and future in the Bible, and even the "Jesus paid it all, so I can sin some more" crowd agrees with that statement.

Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.
Jude 1:21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Too bad. I would list verses with salvation spoken about as something to be coming in the future. I have already done it, so I am discouraged to post them, I will just post two, you can look up the cross references on biblehub, surely, or do a quick search IF you are genuinely wondering. Reason for my hesitation: You are most likely just playing dumb. Salvation is spoken of as present, past and future in the Bible, and even the "Jesus paid it all, so I can sin some more" crowd agrees with that statement.

Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.
Jude 1:21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
Actually it’s too bad for you pussycat. I actually couldn’t care less what you think regarding any impracticalities you think you perceive regarding God’s grace. I was simply responding to an asinine post.

I have the complete and irrevocable gift of God’s grace upon me now and forever. So does everyone who puts their faith in the fullness of Christ’s sacrifice, death and Resurrection. Do I make myself clear? If not, too bad.