The Real You

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Philippians 3:10

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Why must we suffer the loss of these things that made us who we were? Because that is not the real you! The real you now that you have been born again is Christ in you.
Of course the two have become one not by anything you did (only believe) but what He has done on the cross. Christ in you is the real you to God, He sees one person, a Christ person we referr to as a Christian.
A Christian is a person with Christ in them, very plain and simple, only believers make it so complex no one knows what it means to be a Christian any more, 1Cor. 6:17

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

It is amazing the amount of time you can spend trying to teach people their saved by Christ in them and not by what they do.
I council from time to time, first few sessions usally have to do with "am I really a Christian."
There is so much junk in this world folks have to be taken into the word of God to show them their salvation is a person.
Strange deal, it is almost like they don't want salvation on what scripture says, it's to easy. A more arduous salvation would make them feel better about their salvation. They have bought the lie and listen to it week in and week out to reinforce their shortcomings, like they are a special kind of sinner. One man asked me if he gave me a roll of money, would God deliver him from his bondage.
When we are hurting or in bondage and wanting to escape, the answer is the same, Romans 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

You don't buy your way out, you dont give your way out, you come to the understanding of who you are and live that life, the real you.
The real you is not in bondage, the real you is not an angry mean person, the real you is not religious. The real you is a shared life of "Christ in you the hope of glory."

Remember salvation is a person, and you have become one with that peson the moment you believed, Romans 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Leviticus 17:11, 14 (cp. Deuteronomy 12:23) “For the life of the flesh
is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an
atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement
for the soul…. For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life
thereof …”

Hebrews 9:22 “Without the shedding of blood, there is
no remission of sins.”

1 John 1:7″… the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth
us from all sin.”

Exodus 12:13 “… and when I see the blood, I will pass over
you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you,
when I smite the land of Egypt.”

Revelation 12:11 “And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood
of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony …”

Hebrews 9:14 “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who
through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God,
purge your conscience …

Hebrews 10:19, 22 “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter
into the holiest by the blood of Jesus … Let us draw near with a true
heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an
evil conscience …”

Hebrews 13:12 “Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify
the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.”

Romans 3:24-25 “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

Romans 5:9 “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.”

Jul 23, 2018
Some never click that saved folks work and do things in ministry and service NOT FOR SALVATION,but as service and ministry.

Works don't save.
Jesus does and we walk in faith.

We are servants WORKING for him,but not for salvation.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
kSo the bottom line question is simple, even though we can do nothing to save our souls, and I believe this, we are saved only by Jesus Christ, do we obey Him. If your reply is yes, why do people ignore His teaching on the Law?

E

eternally-gratefull

How can the law be brought into this thread. Can not people talk about the works of God. Seeking after the things of thr spirit, and loving as God loved us without talking baout the law??

People and their worship of the law and refusing to acknowledge the purpose of the law are just out of hand..

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
kSo the bottom line question is simple, even though we can do nothing to save our souls, and I believe this, we are saved only by Jesus Christ, do we obey Him. If your reply is yes, why do people ignore His teaching on the Law?
Most don't ignore the law. The grace message of learning Christ as your only life is a lifestyle, it's life, it's Christ in you the hope of glory

E

eternally-gratefull

Most don't ignore the law. The grace message of learning Christ as your only life is a lifestyle, it's life, it's Christ in you the hope of glory
Our country has laws. People do not going around focusing on obeying our laws. Or ushing people to obey laws (mosst people have more important things to do)

We live, we serve others, We love and recieve love, we work, we do all things. And most people by doing these things do not break the law. Those who are law breakers could care less . The law will not stop them. However the law does do one thing. It allows prosecution of them and it allows penalties to be applied.

There is no difference between the laws of the US and the laws of moses. Those who who are doing what God created us for. Serving others. Serving God Working and living righteous lives. Will by practice not break the laws, Those who break the laws. The laws will not stop them. But what it does is allow prosecution of those who are law breakers (which actually would be all of us) And Those who are law breakers can not claim innocense, because they know they have broken those laws. (No excuse)

The law is not made for the righteous, but the unrighteous.

The righteous do not ignore the law/ They just have been taught by the law. And are now living and serving God, And in doing so. By nature, follow the law

Sadly the lawyers can not understand this basic fact of christianity

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
This is kind of related to the real you and i dont want to start a new topic so i'll shove this question in here:

We often hear in this world the advice to "just be yourself". And I wonder is there anything even CLOSE to that in the Bible? I havent found it, if someone of you have, show it to me please :)

Jul 23, 2018
Tho op is explaining salvation and adoption.
When counseling backsliders they need repentance to find their way home.
The produgal ,did not have a "who he is "crisis.
He had a pride,rebellion,foolish squandering,and ignorant revelry crisis.
His road home was pure sorrow and repentance.
His wisdom was seeing his answer in his Father.

The op needs to include this,lest we get the idea that sin is just a refocus and picturing of adoption with no consequence of sin.

The prudugal could have just pictured himself as a son,and never gotten out of the hog pen.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All who leave the Father are prodigals, the very same as the parable. Think...

Jul 23, 2018
This is kind of related to the real you and i dont want to start a new topic so i'll shove this question in here:

We often hear in this world the advice to "just be yourself". And I wonder is there anything even CLOSE to that in the Bible? I havent found it, if someone of you have, show it to me please :)
"Who I am" is positional.
Our position in relation to God.
We are sons/daughters positionally.
Justified by Jesus and the blood,or bought with a price. Purchased.
So,through adoption we are his. God's property.
He wants us to be ourselves and not pretend to be someone else.

IOW, he loves our uniqueness. So don't try to be someone else.
I love art montgomery and david hogan. I would kinda like TO BE them.

But I have a slightly different ministry.
A MUCH DIFFERENT personality.

A better question is "what setting and people group does the real you shine"?
( now ,by "shine" i mean in the anointing or spirit,where God is moving on you supernaturally)
I would say that is the real you.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
1 Corinthians 5:7

Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch — as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch — as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
Complete Jewish Bible says:

7 Get rid of the old hametz, so that you can be a new batch of dough, because in reality you are unleavened. For our Pesach lamb, the Messiah, has been sacrificed.

8 So let us celebrate the Seder not with leftover hametz, the hametz of wickedness and evil, but with the matzah of purity and truth.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia

We know how messed up of a church the Corinthian church was (not unique though) Sure, Paul called them out on their issues but he didnt condemn them to a fate to hell but he reminded of them who they really are so that they could see.

That's the difference...

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Personally, I don't necessarily ignore the Law.
I ask God through His Holy Spirit to teach me how to love.
Which we all know fulfils the law.. Not that you can't find practical direction of how to love in the law, it's just learning to love goes far beyond it. My capacity to love comes from His Spirit, not from anything within my own heart.

Feb 28, 2016
we can only receive 'God's Love' through His 'Law of Grace' - He elects, and we receive,
it's that simple'...

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018

Christ in you, underline Christ and underline you. The scriptures seem clear as to us Adam being created a living soul. Soul is an organ of expression, it expresses you. There is numerous scripture that point to a you, a special you to God. In the womb He gives the special touch of the uniqueness of your creation. He gives you gifts and talents.
In the beginning Adam expressed himself according to his relationship with God, firstwhich was innocence, and then obedience (do not eat from this tree). After he fell he expressed himself according to his new death-life sin-nature, Genesis 3:15, the nature is in the seed. No other choice mankind would live by a nature now that would be passed down through generation to generation.
The real Adam now had a controlling nature that was capable of anything. God finally gives the law as a means for people to be able to have a relationship with Him as well as subject the nature to some kind of stability.
Adam was never not in the image and likeness of God, it was distorted by sin (nature) until the cross.
Should be pointed out when Christians can see the two natures, the seeds, and so on, thay are well on their way to making some since out of the mystery that has been revealed, which is Christ in you the hope of glory.