The Royal Law Confuse with the Animal Sacrificial Law.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That yoke was referring to Acts 15: 5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed,
saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses
Exactly. And Peter said nobody could bear it, contrary to what you claimed.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
That yoke was referring to Acts 15: 5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9and put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

We want to make sure we always post all of the verses according to the matter, but these verses have nothing against keeping the commandments of the lord thy God. The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD” (James 2:20). Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.
That seems rather confusing to me... can you reword?

See, you say that the yoke was referring to the Law of Moses in those verses BUT that the verses have nothing to do with keeping the Law of Moses (10 Commandments)

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Even if i keep the law perfectly i will not be good enough.

Understanding the law helps me to see that I'm a sinner that needs help. Knowing how i fail causes me to look for salvation outside of myself.
Rom 7:22-25
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

So the law brings me to Jesus, and Jesus wants to write the law on our hearts.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

I don't keep the law to be saved but because of the transforming work that Jesus is doing in me by grace.
Don't let anyone deprive you of the opportunity to receive eternal life. We were deprived of this opportunity once, but the death of Jesus has given us another chance. All have sinned (broken the law...Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law (I John 3:4) and the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). When Jesus (the true Lamb of God) was sacrificed, he removed our past sins. If we accept Jesus as our sin offering, we are required to repent and get baptized IN THE NAME OF JESUS ("there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved..."(Acts 4: 12). Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16) To repent means to turn from our sinful ways and start obeying God's law. The water baptism signifies the washing away of our past sins. After repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus it would be foolish for us to turn around and willingly break God's commandments. If we make an honest mistake Jesus can help us, but if we sin willingly, look out! "...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (Hebrews 10:26-27). When Jesus died only the sacrificial law was done away with, alone with Leviticus priesthood.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12).
2 Corinthians 3:6-9
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Au contraire, mon frere.

The "sacrificial" laws were merely supporting laws to the 10 commandments. THE LAW was never meant to be divided up by your own imagination and abolished by your wishing. The Law is all one Law. It all has its purpose.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

That includes "sacrificial", "dietary", "ceremonial", "moral", and all other imaginary divisions of the law.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
op: law Confusion?:
Yes, certainly! Just review the Many discussions about it.
I prefer "Simplicity In Christ!" - did you know?:

1Ti_1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is NOT made for a righteous man,
but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners,​
for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of​
mothers, for manslayers,​

Thus:

1) in my UNrighteous state, the purpose of the law:

Gal_3:24 Wherefore the law WAS our schoolmaster​
to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.​
2) In my righteous state, NOT under law, But, Under God's Grace:

Gal_3:25 But after that faith is come,​
we are no longer under a schoolmaster.​

3) In the New ''law of faith":

Rom 13:8-10 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he​
that LOVETH another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not​
commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt​
not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet;​
and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended​
in this saying, namely, Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself.​
LOVE worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore​
LOVE is the fulfilling of the law.
Gal_5:14 "For ALL the law is fulfilled in ONE Word,​
even in this; Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself."​

Did I mention: "Simplicity In Christ!" Causes no more law Confusion ?
----------------------
Precious friends:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II)!

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
2 Corinthians 3:6-9
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Au contraire, mon frere.

The "sacrificial" laws were merely supporting laws to the 10 commandments. THE LAW was never meant to be divided up by your own imagination and abolished by your wishing. The Law is all one Law. It all has its purpose.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

That includes "sacrificial", "dietary", "ceremonial", "moral", and all other imaginary divisions of the law.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins). Paul explained this in; (Hebrews 10: (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The point that is not understood is that we all have sin, but until Jesus came, there was no way of getting out from under your sins. So God institute a Priesthood and laws that went with the priesthood to control the sinning, and so the Lord use animal Sacrificial laws, even though it could not remove sins.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (20) by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; (21) and having an high priest over the house of God; (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Let's go into Romans chapter 3. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. (Romans 3:20)

Once again, we have both laws within this verse. Notice the first part of the verse, "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight." What law is this? It is the sacrificial law. Why? Remember in Hebrews the 10th chapter verse 4 it states, "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins." So, by the deeds of the sacrificial law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.

Now, look at the second part of the verse, "for by the law is the knowledge of sin." What law is this? The commandments. Why? Sin is the transgression of the law (1John 3:4), and if there is no law how would any of us have knowledge of sin. Let's take a look at the next verse.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (Romans 3:21)
Notice what Paul says, "The righteousness of God without the law is manifested." What law is this? It is the sacrificial law. Why? And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (Colossians 2:13-14).

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
That seems rather confusing to me... can you reword?

See, you say that the yoke was referring to the Law of Moses in those verses BUT that the verses have nothing to do with keeping the Law of Moses (10 Commandments)
You jumping between me and another person conversation, you have understand it from the beginning point.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Exactly. And Peter said nobody could bear it, contrary to what you claimed.
So you using Acts 15 to say that the Gentile do not have to keep the Commandments of God, and still get in the Kingdom of God? I don't believe it's possible that the Gentile or no one can get in the Kingdom God, just freely sinning willfully, because the book say in Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law.
(v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy.

Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.
Which mean we can do as we please when we please!

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12). True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life. Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14).
The rich young ruler replied "I have kept these laws from my youth upwards" but Jesus said "you still fall short"

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
The rich young ruler replied "I have kept these laws from my youth upwards" but Jesus said "you still fall short"

That's true, but it wasn't the commandments, it was the riches he had. Jesus says in Matthew 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That's true, but it wasn't the commandments, it was the riches he had. Jesus says in Matthew 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
It seems you do not understand idolatry.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So you using Acts 15 to say that the Gentile do not have to keep the Commandments of God, and still get in the Kingdom of God? I don't believe it's possible that the Gentile or no one can get in the Kingdom God, just freely sinning willfully, because the book say in Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law.
(v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy.

Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.
Which mean we can do as we please when we please!
Are you really that incapable of following a conversation?

Hint: I gave the verses from Acts 15 to show you were wrong.

Though of course you don't want to see that, either.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins). Paul explained this in; (Hebrews 10: (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The point that is not understood is that we all have sin, but until Jesus came, there was no way of getting out from under your sins. So God institute a Priesthood and laws that went with the priesthood to control the sinning, and so the Lord use animal Sacrificial laws, even though it could not remove sins.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (20) by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; (21) and having an high priest over the house of God; (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Let's go into Romans chapter 3. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. (Romans 3:20)

Once again, we have both laws within this verse. Notice the first part of the verse, "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight." What law is this? It is the sacrificial law. Why? Remember in Hebrews the 10th chapter verse 4 it states, "For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins." So, by the deeds of the sacrificial law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.

Now, look at the second part of the verse, "for by the law is the knowledge of sin." What law is this? The commandments. Why? Sin is the transgression of the law (1John 3:4), and if there is no law how would any of us have knowledge of sin. Let's take a look at the next verse.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; (Romans 3:21)
Notice what Paul says, "The righteousness of God without the law is manifested." What law is this? It is the sacrificial law. Why? And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (Colossians 2:13-14).
The WHOLE LAW is all or nothing.

You can't just decide that certain jots and tittles no longer apply. Scripture EXPRESSLY says that is NOT the way it works. ALL THINGS written in the book means ALL "ceremonial" , "sacrificial", "moral", "dietary" and any other imaginary divisions you may wish for.

One Jot or One Tittle means if any of your imaginary parts has passed from the Law then it is ALL FULFILLED. Matthew 5:18 in the words of the LORD JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF says that the WHOLE LAW is FULFILLED or NONE OF IT IS FULFILLED. There can NEVER be portions of the Law fulfilled while other portions remain un-fulfilled.

Your whole imaginary philosophy is rendered useless with just 2 scriptures. Really just 1 but the 2nd helps to understand the 1st.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
The WHOLE LAW is all or nothing.

You can't just decide that certain jots and tittles no longer apply. Scripture EXPRESSLY says that is NOT the way it works. ALL THINGS written in the book means ALL "ceremonial" , "sacrificial", "moral", "dietary" and any other imaginary divisions you may wish for.

One Jot or One Tittle means if any of your imaginary parts has passed from the Law then it is ALL FULFILLED. Matthew 5:18 in the words of the LORD JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF says that the WHOLE LAW is FULFILLED or NONE OF IT IS FULFILLED. There can NEVER be portions of the Law fulfilled while other portions remain un-fulfilled.

Your whole imaginary philosophy is rendered useless with just 2 scriptures. Really just 1 but the 2nd helps to understand the 1st.
In (Matthew 5:17), Jesus made the statement Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. He came not to destroy the law, or the prophets, but to fulfill. Based on that statement many ministers have taught their congregation that the arrival of Jesus did away with the Old Testament along with its laws, statutes and Judgements. So you believing that the Old Testament is no longer relevant today. You need to further examine the scriptures to find out, how incorrect that position is.

In (Matthew 5:18), Jesus Himself states For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Now you will find in a concordance that jot and tittle mean letter. Here Jesus clearly states that not one letter of the law will be changed as long as heaven and earth exist. We know that the law came from the Old Testament so based solely on (Matthew 5:18), it nor the Old Testament can not be done away with. There is clearly a discrepancy between what is being taught and what the scriptures say. The fact, that Jesus came to fulfill is known, because that is what is stated in (Matthew 5:17). But one needs to find out what He was to fulfill, since that is the condition put forth in (Matthew 5:18), when He said no letter would pass from the law until all is fulfilled. You will see the information needed to answer this will be found in the Old Testament. This itself serves as further proof as to how erroneous the position of doing away with the Old Testament is.

JESUS CAME TO FULFILL

The Gospel of Luke, will reveal what Jesus meant when He said in (Matthew 5:17 & 18), that He came to fulfill and no letter would pass from the law until all is fulfilled. Looking at Luke chapter 24:14-44, you will find that , this is when Jesus had been crucified and Peter and others were at the grave site and they were contemplating the events that had occurred. Verse 16, tells you that Jesus had come among them but they did not know Him. In verse 17, Jesus asks them what were they discussing,

(17) And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

In verse 19 and 20, they explained to Jesus what had taken place, still not recognizing Him. Verse 21, tells why they were sad, they had expected Jesus to restore Israel. (Israel as a nation , had a history of being conquered by other nations. They had been split into two kingdoms and the northern kingdom had already been taken into captivity prior to this time. All that remained was Judah, and now it had been taken over by Rome.) Now this was the 3rd day since Jesus crucifixion and they were in question because to them nothing had changed. Israel still remained in its same state. Note what Jesus says to them in verse 25:

(25) Then he said unto them, O fool, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Now the prophets had spoke of many things that Jesus was to do when He came. However they were just focused on the redemption of Israel. That is why Jesus told them in verse 25 that they were not bringing into remembrance all the things that were spoken of Him by the prophets. He reminded them in verse 26 that He had to suffer first and then enter into glory. He then in verse 27 went over all that the scriptures had to say concerning Himself. Following is verse 27,

(27) And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.

The following verse explains what Jesus meant in (Matthew 5:17) where He said He came not to destroy the law but to fulfill. Jesus says in (Luke 24:44) And He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which are written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Here Jesus makes it clear that all things written about Him in the Old Testament must be fulfilled. Knowing that all things must be fulfilled by Jesus, as long as heaven and earth is still here, tells us that the law (Commandments) are still here as well and must be kept. We have to understand that all things are not fulfilled because Jesus ministry was cut off, which will continue at his second coming.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Are you really that incapable of following a conversation?

Hint: I gave the verses from Acts 15 to show you were wrong.

Though of course you don't want to see that, either.
No I'm not wrong, you are without understanding. You more interested in being right then salvation. That was a debate in Acts to deal with Gentiles. When Paul became more of an apostle to the Gentiles things where more clear concerning the law. But let's take a look some at this in Acts 15: 5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. 6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. That was right because in the scriptures it’s written in Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

Now Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom, no one else. This should of been the end of it, no more discussion. Jesus says in Matthew 16: 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

But Let's skip down and see what James says, 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

If a Gentile believe this is all they have to do to get in the kingdom of God, then there's no need for the rest of the bible. Paul taught the Gentiles to keep the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, but to today, Sunday is kept. A day that's not in the Bible. The Sabbath day on the seventh day is the only day that had a name. The only day to attend church.

Let’s skip down to verse 24, Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

But let's see Paul deal with some of these sins in Galatians 5: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Notice more is added from that last debate in Acts 15

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
It seems you do not understand idolatry.
Well let's see if more sin is added that everyone have to stop committing, because later Paul says in "1 Corinthians 6:9" Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

So you continue thinking that's all you have to do is not idolatry, you will not inherit the kingdom of God.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yep, and that is keeping the commandment, statues and Judgements. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).

All scriptures must harmonize before you understand the truths contained in Christ's doctrine.

If you are considering the "LIFE" , in verse 17, to be eternal life, then you are believing that eternal salvation is dependent upon your good works.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
All scriptures must harmonize before you understand the truths contained in Christ's doctrine.

If you are considering the "LIFE" , in verse 17, to be eternal life, then you are believing that eternal salvation is dependent upon your good works.
It’s easy for people to say how much they love the Lord, they may be able to deceive man, but God knows the mind. Many profess they know God, but in their works they deny him everyday. Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded the world to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and people deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday”. There's no other day to go to church on, but what's written in the Bible. So people have been taught to do the things thats not written in the Bible and to use the Bible to justify it.

Paul said in (Gal. 6: 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (v.4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

The book says let every man prove his own work, and if your work is good then you will rejoice in it. (v.5) For every man shall bear his own burden. That’s right; every man must bear his own burden. You mean you thought that all you had to do was confess the name of Jesus and that was it? Brothers and sisters you must work to get salvation. (v.7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. God is not to be played with. Whatsoever you plant, that’s what you are going to reap. Be it good works unto eternal life, or evil works unto eternal damnation. The choice is yours, and your works belong to you.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
. We have to understand that all things are not fulfilled because Jesus ministry was cut off, which will continue at his second coming.
If that is the case then your "sacrificial" laws are not fulfilled either. You are inconsistent in your own incorrect philosophy.

Not one Jot or one Tittle will fall from the Law until ALL IS FULFILLED.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16
14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Galatians 3:24-25
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Not one Jot or one Tittle will fall from the Law until ALL IS FULFILLED.
Which law?

The laws are different and it is easy to confuse them.

When there was no SIN there was no death. No death and no need for a Saviour.
Before Sin no sacrifice was made or blood offered.

But sin is the transgression of the law so there must have been a law to define sin. before Sin the must have been a law.

do you agree.