The Royal Law Confuse with the Animal Sacrificial Law.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
keeping the commands comes from a heart of love for both God and others. That heart is the "new" heart that God puts into His children as they are reborn into a Spiritual life, through Jesus Christ
Amen..
When we try to obey like the people in Moses' day "we will do it" in our own strength we will fail. When we put faith in Jesus to renew us and write it on our hearts we know God doesn't fail.
Better promises ....

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
It’s easy for people to say how much they love the Lord, they may be able to deceive man, but God knows the mind. Many profess they know God, but in their works they deny him everyday. Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded the world to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and people deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday”. There's no other day to go to church on, but what's written in the Bible. So people have been taught to do the things thats not written in the Bible and to use the Bible to justify it.

Paul said in (Gal. 6: 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (v.4) But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

The book says let every man prove his own work, and if your work is good then you will rejoice in it. (v.5) For every man shall bear his own burden. That’s right; every man must bear his own burden. You mean you thought that all you had to do was confess the name of Jesus and that was it? Brothers and sisters you must work to get salvation. (v.7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. God is not to be played with. Whatsoever you plant, that’s what you are going to reap. Be it good works unto eternal life, or evil works unto eternal damnation. The choice is yours, and your works belong to you.

Paul left Titus in Crete, to ordain elders in every city and to set in order the things that are wanting. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers. They are abominable and disobedient children of God.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
If you are working at the law then you are under the curse
By this fact
If you are choosing (working) to not kill your wife you are cursed.

I'm saying If your working at the law without faith in Jesus then you are cursed.
I do believe Jesus fulfilled the law and by faith gives me His righteousness. But just because Jesus didn't kill does not give me licence to kill.
If i choose to not kill does not mean I'm under the curse of the law.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There was no commandment, thou shalt not kill.

The commandment was against murder.

Murder is unlawful killing.

Killing was enshrined in the law.

Getting terminology correct is important.

The law remains to condemn those not covered by grace.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
It means you don't believe the Lord Jesus fulfilled the law. You believe you must fulfill the law. That is why you try to divide the law into parts and choose your favorites to "keep". Same EXACT thing the Pharisees before you did.
Because i keep the law (by faith), does not mean i don't believe in righteousness by faith.

I believe my righteousness is 100% from Jesus and what Jesus did for me.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

I don't divide the different laws so i can keep some and not others.. because some are my faviourite. No
My flesh like Paul wants to break all of Gods commandments, if i lived selfishly and did what i wanted i wouldn't obey most law. The flesh hates the laws because they point out sin.
Keeping the law is motivated by love and faith.

And note the pharisees were not keeping the laws..
They were hypocrites...
= a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right, they put on a false appearance.

Im not going to say I'm a child of Jesus and walk around stealing, killing, lieing, and taking God name in vain.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The law remains to condemn those not covered by grace
True. The law will not condemn those covered by Jesus's righteousness because Jesus was perfect.
Paul tells us to live like Jesus and establish the law. Not to gain salvation but because we are children and servants of Jesus.
Be an example.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Faith and works are different but can not be seperated and still be effective.

Faith without works is dead... works without faith is dead...
if somebody has been born again and we know by their testimony then their faith worked and is alive.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Many of us hear the word of God but we will see in the scriptures that Fear bring forth Obedience. Once you really sit down and study the Bible from Genesis to Revelation you will see that God means what he says and can't lie. We in the last days where the great punishment comes at the end (Lake of Fire). Theres an everlasting punishment for those who refuse to be corrected. Jesus says in Luke 12: 4, 5 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Paul say in 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But really when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. (1 John 5: 1-3)
You are in rebellion against God.

God told the Jews He would annul the covenant He had made with them because they broke it, He would make a new covenant.

Jesus has initiated God's new covenant in His own blood.

You in your foolishness and stubborness of heart have decided to go back to the old covenant God made with the Jews which they broke. The Gentiles were not included in that covenant ever unless they joined themselves to the Jews.

We are children of the New covenant in Christ's blood.

You want to be afraid? read Hebrews, it talks about folks who hear the gospel but go back rather to the law.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
You are establishing that definition, but scripture isn't. "Pass from" means "removal". Whereas, "change" means "updated but still there". Scripture says the priesthood changed so the law governing the priesthood had to also change. Scripture doesn't say the priesthood changed so the law governing the priesthood was removed.

Let's address your passage another way...

Revelation 21 clearly details that a new heaven and new earth will be created, with the first one passing away. Matthew 5:18 says until heaven and earth pass away not one jot or tittle will pass from the law until all is fulfilled.

Are we currently living in the new heaven and new earth right now?
You don't understand what One Jot or One Tittle is??

That means that not even the SLIGHTEST change to the Law will happen until ALL is fulfilled.

IT DOESN'T mean that the whole law can change but not be fulfilled because it was only changed and not removed.

And yet, you STILL have jots and tittles PASSING from the Law but insist that heaven and earth hasn't passed away... You can't understand or you don't want to understand?? Not sure which it is. Maybe both.

Please show how the Law can change but no jots or tittles pass from the law. Not possible.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
By this fact
If you are choosing (working) to not kill your wife you are cursed.

I'm saying If your working at the law without faith in Jesus then you are cursed.
I do believe Jesus fulfilled the law and by faith gives me His righteousness. But just because Jesus didn't kill does not give me licence to kill.
If i choose to not kill does not mean I'm under the curse of the law.
That is incorrect.

Matthew 5 says that anger is breaking the commandments.

There is no way to keep yourself from anger at all times.

The harder you try the more frustrated and upset you will get.

Working at the law is a circular curse. It CAUSES more sin to arise.

Romans 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

Your only hope at being delivered from this curse is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 7:5-6
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 8:1 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Giving yourself excuses (mental assent) doesn't free yourself from the curse.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Because i keep the law (by faith), does not mean i don't believe in righteousness by faith.

I believe my righteousness is 100% from Jesus and what Jesus did for me.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

I don't divide the different laws so i can keep some and not others.. because some are my faviourite. No
My flesh like Paul wants to break all of Gods commandments, if i lived selfishly and did what i wanted i wouldn't obey most law. The flesh hates the laws because they point out sin.
Keeping the law is motivated by love and faith.

And note the pharisees were not keeping the laws..
They were hypocrites...
= a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right, they put on a false appearance.

Im not going to say I'm a child of Jesus and walk around stealing, killing, lieing, and taking God name in vain.
That's EXACTLY what the Pharisees thought, too.

You DON'T keep the law. You never kept it.

Only God can keep the Law. That was His Point in giving it. So you would realize you AREN'T even CLOSE to being Righteous and you need Him all the time.

Working at the Law is rejecting Gods Grace and falling short of what is required.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
You are in rebellion against God.

God told the Jews He would annul the covenant He had made with them because they broke it, He would make a new covenant.

Jesus has initiated God's new covenant in His own blood.

You in your foolishness and stubborness of heart have decided to go back to the old covenant God made with the Jews which they broke. The Gentiles were not included in that covenant ever unless they joined themselves to the Jews.

We are children of the New covenant in Christ's blood.

You want to be afraid? read Hebrews, it talks about folks who hear the gospel but go back rather to the law.
But in 2 John 6: 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. You mean to tell me this commandment was heard from the beginning, but what about the other nation or people of the earth who are not Jews or Israelites. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah : 56 1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. 2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. 3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5 even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Looks like the Gentiles are includes as well.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Paul left Titus in Crete, to ordain elders in every city and to set in order the things that are wanting. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers. They are abominable and disobedient children of God.

You absolutely right, there are many. It's written in Jude 1: 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus warned us that the road to salvation is straight and narrow and that only a few of us will find it. Many are traveling down the wrong road, which leads to destruction. This is because many of us have heard about salvation but few of us want to do what is necessary to get salvation (many are called but few are chosen). (Matthew 7:13, 14) Many contend that Jesus did it all and now all we have to do is have faith. The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD” (James 2:20).

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
You are just making things up to perpetrate your Pharisaic wish of working at the law.

The law that was 430 years after the promise to Abraham was obviously the 10 commandments and all its supporting ordinances.

There aren't 2 sets of laws. The 10 commandments were added because of sin. All of the supporting ordinances and statutes were BECAUSE of the 10 commandments. Its all one law. With several supporting parts.

The Lord didn't come to fulfill part of the law. He came to fulfill the whole thing. To remove the curse of Death and Condemnation to all who come to Him.

2 Corinthians 3:7-9
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

There is no way to mistake what this is.

There is a law, written on stones, that is death and condemnation. But there is a solution and a New Way apart from this death and condemnation. It is the Ministration of the Spirit.

A person cannot be under the Ministration of Death and Condemnation and under the Ministration of Life and Blessing simultaneously.

Romans 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (engraven in stones)
Let's go back into Romans 8th Chapter, but first God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.
Now because you haven't been taught, you just posting all the verses that talks about do away with a law. not knowing what Paul is talking about.

There's two different laws Paul talks about in this chapter. Let's take a look at Roman 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. This is true, because Jesus says in John 4: 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Jesus also say in John 6: 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. So walking in the spirit is the word of God.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Now, what law is this Paul talking about. This law is animal sacrificial law, not the royal law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement). Paul explained this law in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Now, Let's get back to Romans 8: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So what is the righteousness of the law? Let allow Paul to tell us in Paul said in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

The Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, it is consider walking in the spirit because its part of the law (commandments), to be carnally minded is walk contrary to the law of righteousness.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Completely disagree.

If there was more than one law that NEEDED to be fulfilled here the Lord would have been specific. He would have listed them.

But there was no need. Because there is only one Law that was under Moses.

In 1 Timothy 1: 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; Yeah ...so Paul is saying a whole lot here people. How can a person be disobedient in God's eyes. How can a person be unholy or a sinner, because sin is transgression of the law. Lets read it in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
But in 2 John 6: 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. You mean to tell me this commandment was heard from the beginning, but what about the other nation or people of the earth who are not Jews or Israelites. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah : 56 1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. 2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. 3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5 even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Looks like the Gentiles are includes as well.
we keep Christ's commandments which is as you have quoted to love. Love does no wrong. You can't legislate love.

If you need laws to tell you not to kill, not to lie or steal or commit adultery you are in trouble. And you can't pick out just one law and decide to keep it.

If you won't be told you won't be told. If you won't listen to God you won't listen to anybody else.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
we keep Christ's commandments which is as you have quoted to love. Love does no wrong. You can't legislate love.

If you need laws to tell you not to kill, not to lie or steal or commit adultery you are in trouble. And you can't pick out just one law and decide to keep it.

If you won't be told you won't be told. If you won't listen to God you won't listen to anybody else.
The Bible contains the truth, and the truth is the Word of God, which is the real life of man. "I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (St. John 17:6, 8, &17) And Jesus answered him saying, "It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." (St. Luke4: 4) "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (St. John 6:63)

I am the LORD your God. Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another. And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning. Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling block before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD. Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour. Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. Ye shall not round the corners of your heads; neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness. Ye shall keep my Sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God. Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.” (Leviticus 19:1-4, 9-18, & 26-32)

2 John 1: 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Let's go back into Romans 8th Chapter, but first God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.
Now because you haven't been taught, you just posting all the verses that talks about do away with a law. not knowing what Paul is talking about.

There's two different laws Paul talks about in this chapter. Let's take a look at Roman 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. This is true, because Jesus says in John 4: 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Jesus also say in John 6: 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. So walking in the spirit is the word of God.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Now, what law is this Paul talking about. This law is animal sacrificial law, not the royal law (Ten Commandments, statutes and Judgement). Paul explained this law in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Now, Let's get back to Romans 8: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So what is the righteousness of the law? Let allow Paul to tell us in Paul said in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET. Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

The Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, it is consider walking in the spirit because its part of the law (commandments), to be carnally minded is walk contrary to the law of righteousness.
The SCRIPTURE tells you what law it is talking about.

Now pay close attention.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones...

EXTREMELY obvious this is the 10 commandments. Your "sacrificial" law wasn't engraved on stones, only the 10 commandments were.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The ministration of death, the 10 commandments, the law of death. Pretty easy to follow along here.

Romans 7:10-11
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Law of sin and death = 10 commandments

Pretty easy to see the law of sin and death is the 10 commandments. Just by LETTING scripture define scripture.

Once you see that we are made FREE from the Law of sin and death by the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, it is VERY EASY to spot ALL of your errors and imaginations.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
In 1 Timothy 1: 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; Yeah ...so Paul is saying a whole lot here people. How can a person be disobedient in God's eyes. How can a person be unholy or a sinner, because sin is transgression of the law. Lets read it in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.
Now just apply that to the law of sin and death in Romans 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Pretty simple. By YOUR OWN DEFINITION.