The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The only perversion of the gospel is the one you do by insisting that Christ died for the sins of every single person, past and present, in the whole world.

There is no point in any gospel if everyones sins are already forgiven. They are good to go. Into the Kingdom of God with everyone.

But you misunderstand. Forgiveness of sin is something a person must RECEIVE. And the only way to receive it is to come to Christ, and ask. And once someone comes to Christ and receives forgiveness they are eternally saved.

This is absolutely elementary Christianity.
This is a false doctrine based upon eternal salvation by the works of man. Salvation=deliverance according to Greek. There is an eternal deliverance that is by God's sovereign grace, without any action from mankind, and there are many deliverances that we receive as we sojourn here in this world that are due to our good works. When God's children apply all of the salvation scriptures to eternal salvation, they will result in eternal salvation by the works of mankind.

E

eternally-gratefull

If the Lord Jesus has died for the sin of the whole world, as you suggest, then there are no guilty. There is no one that would not go into the Kingdom of God. Even those who don't want to.

They have all been cleaned by the Blood of Christ.

Universalism, in a nutshell. Everyone is saved. No one needs to come to Christ or receive anything. They already have it.

Revelation 7:13-15
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
This is not true

it was the will of God that all who see will be given eternal life (John 6)

as Jesus said, all sin will be forgiven all me,pun, the only sin not forgiven is the sin of unbelief

E

eternally-gratefull

The only perversion of the gospel is the one you do by insisting that Christ died for the sins of every single person, past and present, in the whole world.

There is no point in any gospel if everyones sins are already forgiven. They are good to go. Into the Kingdom of God with everyone.

but you misunderstand, Forgiveness of sin is something a person must RECEIVE. And the only way to receive it is to come to Christ, and ask. And once someone comes to Christ and receives forgiveness they are eternally saved.

This is absolutely elementary Christianity.
People are not condemned because of personal sin, they are condemned because of unbelief

he who believes is not condemned, he who does not believe is condemned already

this is basic christianity

Satans lie is God does not love, he is selfish, he wants us all to bow to him and do his will as slaves

Gods answer is he loves so much he dies for everyone. But will not force that love on anyone, those who reject his love will remain dead in sin.

yet God is seen as victory, for he died even for them, as you said, we must receive, God will not force us to recieve his love,

never again will there be any doubt of Gods love

i hate to say it. But fatalistic thinking takes away from the part of the true unselfish unending love of God,

E

eternally-gratefull

God accomplishes his will among the inhabitants of the earth, and none can stay his hand. If he wanted all mankind to be in eternal heaven, then all mankind will be in heaven, therefore, Christ did not die for all mankind.
That would make him force people to bow to his will. Which would make him the God satan professed him to be

God not only has the right to love people and die for them, he has the right to allow them to die against his will.

he proved this with Israel, as he said, his will was to take them under his wing, but they were unwilling

God forces nothing

Jun 11, 2020
If the Lord Jesus has died for the sin of the whole world, as you suggest, then there are no guilty. There is no one that would not go into the Kingdom of God. Even those who don't want to.

They have all been cleaned by the Blood of Christ.

Universalism, in a nutshell. Everyone is saved. No one needs to come to Christ or receive anything. They already have it.

Revelation 7:13-15
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
As proof I proffered John 1:29. I know you do not mean to, but now becomes your word against that of the Almighty. Romans 5:12.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin (singular) entered into the world, and death by sin (singular); and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"

Of this "sin" that is NOT committed, but passed on to all men (except Jesus), John 1:29 says;

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin
(singular) of the world."

Next, you again unwittingly go against the Almighty Who does NOT impose guilt for "sin" (singular). Romans 5:14 says;

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

This in turn again leads you to go against the Words of scripture. You make the removal of sin the ground for entering the Kingdom. But scripture says in John 3:3-5 that a man must be born again to SEE it, and born out of the Spirit and Water to ENTER it. It is true that certain behavior can exclude one from the Kingdom, but these are "sinS" (plural), or "trespasses", not "sin" inherited from Adam.

Adam sinned. It polluted his body and character. This is his transgression. Because God made a law of procreation in Genesis 1:12-13, every one that proceeds from Adam's loins is polluted. This is what scripture calls "sin" (singular). That's why Psalm 51:5 says:

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."

Our Lord Jesus dies for this matter, not so that men might escape the Lake of Fire, but so that they can be resurrected - for the wages of sin (singular) IS DEATH - not the Lake of Fire.

In light of this, I'm sure you will rethink the matter.

E

eternally-gratefull

This is a false doctrine based upon eternal salvation by the works of man. Salvation=deliverance according to Greek. There is an eternal deliverance that is by God's sovereign grace, without any action from mankind, and there are many deliverances that we receive as we sojourn here in this world that are due to our good works. When God's children apply all of the salvation scriptures to eternal salvation, they will result in eternal salvation by the works of mankind.
It is the work of God we believe

thise who insist if I am saved by my faith is me earning salvation have no understanding of what God has to do to help me come to faith, it is not my work, it’s Gods

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Everyone knows about 2Peter 3:9.

You will get no traction with this rubbish.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9 :)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Again your view

jesus who is willing that non should perish but all should come to eternal life

using lack of belief to show who Jesus died for does not compute, he died for all, however only those who believe will be saved

again, your bringing your fatalistic view here, let’s talk about Gods unfailing love. Not his pointed love and unfair redemption
God would be fair if he let all of us spend our eternity in everlasting torment.

You have misquoted 2 Peter 3:9. It is not "all should come to eternal life", but "all should come to repentance".

In order to see who Peter is referencing, even including himself by using the word "us-ward", we have to go back to 2 Peter 1:1, which tells us that he is referencing "them that have obtained like precious faith with us". "perish=death=separation. Peter is telling them that when they commit a sin they separate themselves from God's fellowship, and that they should come to repentance to regain their fellowship with God.

The unregenerate natural man will not repent of breaking a spiritual law that he cannot discern, and thinks it to be foolishness, 1 Cor 2:14. He does not have a spiritual conscience (the new fleshy heart) that can be pricked to feel guilt. The new heart comes with regeneration.

E

eternally-gratefull

God would be fair if he let all of us spend our eternity in everlasting torment.

You have misquoted 2 Peter 3:9. It is not "all should come to eternal life", but "all should come to repentance".

In order to see who Peter is referencing, even including himself by using the word "us-ward", we have to go back to 2 Peter 1:1, which tells us that he is referencing "them that have obtained like precious faith with us". "perish=death=separation. Peter is telling them that when they commit a sin they separate themselves from God's fellowship, and that they should come to repentance to regain their fellowship with God.

The unregenerate natural man will not repent of breaking a spiritual law that he cannot discern, and thinks it to be foolishness, 1 Cor 2:14. He does not have a spiritual conscience (the new fleshy heart) that can be pricked to feel guilt. The new heart comes with regeneration.
Yep he would

he would also be unfair if he picked and chose to die for one group and left the rest to suffer what everyone deserves.

he died for all. Those who reject him are those who will suffer.

condemnation is based on unbelief not belief.

imdid not quote it wrong. He is willing none should perish. So he is patient. How many of the elect have been saved because God was patient with them. It’s part of his love that draws people to him

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
It is the work of God we believe

thise who insist if I am saved by my faith is me earning salvation have no understanding of what God has to do to help me come to faith, it is not my work, it’s Gods
The natural unregenerate man only has faith in mankind. 1 Cor 2:11. He has no spiritual faith, because that comes as a fruit of the Holy Spirit, Gal 5:22, which is given in regeneration by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

So, yes, it is God's work, by quickening you from dead works to a spiritual life in Christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

The natural unregenerate man only has faith in mankind. 1 Cor 2:11. He has no spiritual faith, because that comes as a fruit of the Holy Spirit, Gal 5:22, which is given in regeneration by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

So, yes, it is God's work, by quickening you from dead works to a spiritual life in Christ.
Yeah,

my faith in Christ was the fruit of the spirit, it does not mean I earned my salvation.

but that same spirit worked in Israel for all those years, yet as Christ said, they were unwilling

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yep he would

he would also be unfair if he picked and chose to die for one group and left the rest to suffer what everyone deserves.

he died for all. Those who reject him are those who will suffer.

condemnation is based on unbelief not belief.

imdid not quote it wrong. He is willing none should perish. So he is patient. How many of the elect have been saved because God was patient with them. It’s part of his love that draws people to him
Salvation=deliverance according to Greek. After we have been born again and commit a sin we separate=death ourselves from our fellowship with God, because God will not fellowship with sin. God is long suffering with his children , to come to repentance, when they have committed a sin. There is a deliverance (salvation) from the effects of sin, with God's forgiveness of the sin

This scripture has no reference to being delivered eternally.

If you reference all salvation scriptures to eternal salvation, they will promote eternal salvation by the good works of mankind. Not by God's sovereign grace.

With your theory that belief is necessary for eternal deliverance, how do you interpret 2 Tim 2:13?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
No one has stated that anyone other than the sheep will be saved

he died for everyone, that does not mean everyone will be saved.

his integrity and his love is confirmed in that fact.
Post 31, do you understand the point made ? Do you want to discuss it ?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Silly Grandpa, It means that all are guilty and need to willfully come to the fountain and be cleansed therein this very day. You are far too old to have never read your Bible. You are setting yourself up for bigtime embarrassment at best. I hope you are just ignorant and not being blatantly blasphemous.
He has a point, because Christs Blood washes away the guilt of sin. I just posted about that.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yeah,

my faith in Christ was the fruit of the spirit, it does not mean I earned my salvation.

but that same spirit worked in Israel for all those years, yet as Christ said, they were unwilling
No, you did not earn your salvation. That is why I am telling you that the scriptures do not uphold the fact that your eternal deliverance comes as a result of your believing, accepting, repenting, confessing, good works, etc. All of these actions of mankind are a result of being born again.

God renamed Jacob to be no more called Jacob, but to be called Israel. Most all of the time that Israel is mentioned it is referring to Jacob as Israel, not the nation of Israel. Rom 9:6. Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel. Jacob is representative of God's elect, Rom 9:11. Jacob/Israel throughout their history were in and out of fellowship with God, and we are no different in this day and time.

People in the old testament and the new testament are all regenerated in the same manner, and that is with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Isaiah 63:11.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
No one has stated that anyone other than the sheep will be saved

he died for everyone, that does not mean everyone will be saved.

his integrity and his love is confirmed in that fact.
Does not John 6:39 say that of all that he hath given me I should not lose any, but raise them up at the last day?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Everyone knows about 2Peter 3:9.

You will get no traction with this rubbish.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
If you want to interpret 2 Pet 3:9 in that manner, go ahead, but it will not harmonize with other scriptures.

The unregenerate natural man, as described in 1 Cor 2:14, will not repent of breaking a spiritual law that he cannot discern, and thinks it to be foolishness.

Dec 9, 2011
The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
HIS death made salvation possible for Everyone.Someone might ask,well why did HE have to die?

GOD loves righteousness and If JESUS had not paid the price For us then we would not be acceptable to a GOD who loves righteousness.Fulfilling the law perfectly was the only way man could've been just before GOD and because of the weakness of our flesh,no man would be able to be perfect In GODs sight.
It WAS about the law but now It's about faith.

John 3:16
King James Version

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
This is not true

it was the will of God that all who see will be given eternal life (John 6)

as Jesus said, all sin will be forgiven all me,pun, the only sin not forgiven is the sin of unbelief
But who is it that the scriptures say "will see"?

How do you interpret 2 Tim 2:13?