The Search For Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
WE ARE TOLD IN LUKE of an incident when Jesus was 12 years old. “And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast. And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it” (Luke 2:42-43). They traveled along, assuming Jesus was with other relatives who had made the trip. Eventually, they began the search for Jesus.

Found In The Temple
“After three days they found him in the temple” (2:46). That should have been the first place they looked. They had searched for Jesus only to find Him in the most logical place to find Him—in the presence of His Father. What about today?

The Search For Jesus In America
There is a search across the nation for true followers of Jesus. As you look at this nations’ history, you find that fewer are willing to let their light so shine before men. The aggressive tactics of the enemies of the Cross have had an effect on the faint-hearted believer. “One nation under God” is soon becoming “One nation without God,” and could ultimately end up as “One nation under God’s judgment.” But it’s not too late.

The Search For Jesus In The Home
Morning prayers before putting your child on a school bus is a thing of the past. There may be a token prayer said before a meal, but few parents take time to read the Bible to their children. Jesus seems to be relegated to Sundays only. No wonder we have so much trouble with teenagers on drugs, drinking alcohol, and teen pregnancies.

The Search For Jesus In The Schools
There was a day long, long, ago when schools started their day with the national anthem followed by the Lord’s Prayer. Some schools were brave enough to read prayer needs over the intercom and then pray over them. Sad to say, Christ is not welcomed in most schools today. If He were, we would have less need for prison ministry.

The Search For Jesus In The Church
There is a search for Jesus in the church. Am I suggesting that there are churches who claim to be Christian and trying to operate without Jesus? Yes, I am. The church needs to be less “seeker sensitive” and more “Spirit sensitive.”

Another Jesus
Paul was concerned about the church in Corinth following another Jesus. “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” (II Cor. 11:3-4). In the search for Jesus in the church, we have found many “other” Jesuses.

The Search For Jesus In The Sermons
Will we find Jesus in the sermons preached across America this Sunday? Or will we find a larger percentage of sermons dealing with self-help methods, positive mental attitude quotes, and how to invest your money rather than hear preaching Jesus Christ and Him crucified (1 Cor. 2:2)?

If It’s Not Cross-Centered It’s Not Christ-Centered
Let me borrow from Pastor Curtis Hutchinson, taken from a sermon given here during a chapel service at Jimmy Swaggart Bible College. He said, “If you are not Cross-centered, you are not Christ-centered.” Our nation, our schools, our homes, and our churches need to search for Jesus until all become Cross-centered.

JSM - Pastor Mike Muzzerall

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You can copy and paste a message, but can you defend it? If so, then answer one question in relation to the following quote:

"There is a search across the nation for true followers of Jesus. As you look at this nations’ history, you find that fewer are willing to let their light so shine before men."

Ignoring the error of punctuation, I would ask, fewer than what?

Fewer is a relative reference, so it needs a referent, something to which the subject is being compared. There is no referent provided. It's just an meaningless half-assertion, a pseudo-factoid provided as a basis for a point. Because the basis is faulty, the point is weak.

Sep 3, 2016
You can copy and paste a message, but can you defend it? If so, then answer one question in relation to the following quote:

"There is a search across the nation for true followers of Jesus. As you look at this nations’ history, you find that fewer are willing to let their light so shine before men."

Fewer is a relative reference, so it needs a referent, something to which the subject is being compared. There is no referent provided. It's just an meaningless half-assertion, a pseudo-factoid provided as a basis for a point. Because the basis is faulty, the point is weak.
It means having a mental assent to the things of God is not salvation!

Sep 3, 2016
I didn't ask for an explanation of the whole message. I asked for a referent for the word, "fewer".
Fewer = John 6:53 - "Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you," presents the demand that caused "many of His Disciples to go back, and walk no more with Him" (John 6:66). It does the same presently! This Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you.

John 6:66 - From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walk no more with Him.

JSM

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Fewer = John 6:53 - "Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you have no life in you," presents the demand that caused "many of His Disciples to go back, and walk no more with Him" (John 6:66). It does the same presently! This Verse tells us the degree of believing that is required; it refers to the Cross being the total Object of one's belief; failing that, there is no Life in you.

John 6:66 - From that time many of His Disciples went back, and walk no more with Him.

JSM
Spouting quotes from JSM is not going to answer my question. Think for yourself for a moment...

to what does the word "fewer" refer in your opening post. Fewer than what ?

Sep 3, 2016
Spouting quotes from JSM is not going to answer my question. Think for yourself for a moment...

to what does the word "fewer" refer in your opening post. Fewer than what ?
You stated on a different subject these words, "Our salvation and the benefits of it depend wholly on Jesus Christ, not on our understanding."

This statement show me that you believe in a different Jesus that is not in the bible.

The scripture says it like this:

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and tear you (Matthew 7:6).

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You stated on a different subject these words, "Our salvation and the benefits of it depend wholly on Jesus Christ, not on our understanding."

This statement show me that you believe in a different Jesus that is not in the bible.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and tear you (Matthew 7:6).
Oh my goodness... seriously man, you can't answer a simple question, and you throw this at me? Wow. You're a piece of work.

How about sticking to THIS thread topic? You started it, after all.

I stand by my previous statement. However, I will not discuss it further in this thread.

Dec 28, 2016

So you've accomplished the proper level of believing, yes?

Just because someone was a learner, pupil -- disciple it does not mean they were "saved." You realize this, correct?

Sep 3, 2016
So you've accomplished the proper level of believing, yes?

Just because someone was a learner, pupil -- disciple it does not mean they were "saved." You realize this, correct?
Until the time came to fulfill his dreams, the Lord tested Joseph's character (Psalm 105:19 NLT).

bluto

Aug 4, 2016

I would think that the "referent" can easily be deduced by reading the message. In other words, you find "FEWER" people who are Christians or even may call themselves Christians not getting involved in proclaiming the Gospel message. And why you may ask? Because they are more concerned with the things of the world rather than the lives of those that are not saved. What's so hard to understand about that "dino246?" :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I would think that the "referent" can easily be deduced by reading the message. In other words, you find "FEWER" people who are Christians or even may call themselves Christians not getting involved in proclaiming the Gospel message. And why you may ask? Because they are more concerned with the things of the world rather than the lives of those that are not saved. What's so hard to understand about that "dino246?" :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Thanks for your comments. I am not lacking in understanding. :)

P

pjharrison

Jesus is not hard to find. You just have to really want too. You have to give up all you ways, your walk, your wants, and your worship. That's all your own stuff. Give it up then you will find him. All that stuff is controlled by your flesh. Your stuff blocks him and you can't find him.

Sep 3, 2016
Jesus is not hard to find. You just have to really want too. You have to give up all you ways, your walk, your wants, and your worship. That's all your own stuff. Give it up then you will find him. All that stuff is controlled by your flesh. Your stuff blocks him and you can't find him.
There is only one Person I know of that has accomplish this and His name is Jesus...do you know somebody else?

Feb 28, 2016

=============================================================
just WOW!

are you intimating that Dino is not following His Saviour, just because he has asked an explanation from you?

perhaps answering a simple question right away would save you the trouble of questioning
someone's Love and Faith for their Holy Saviour...

Chester

May 23, 2016
Messageofthecross,

I am trying to understand your concern and the reason for this thread: Can you give it to me in one or two sentences?

(I am not trying to be difficult -- I am with you that the cross needs to be central and many today are out on other branches - but what is your main point here?)

Sep 3, 2016
Messageofthecross,

I am trying to understand your concern and the reason for this thread: Can you give it to me in one or two sentences?

(I am not trying to be difficult -- I am with you that the cross needs to be central and many today are out on other branches - but what is your main point here?)
The major sin of humanity is rejecting Christ and what He did at the Cross in order that man might be Saved. Jesus said, "because they believe not on Me." (John 16:1-11)

Sep 3, 2016
The major sin of humanity is rejecting Christ and what He did at the Cross in order that man might be Saved. Jesus said, "because they believe not on Me." (John 16:1-11)
Everyone who rejects Christ and the Cross, for the two cannot be separated, will, without fail, experience the Wrath of God.