M
MadParrotWoman
Guest
The average person you come across on a day-to-day basis...they do make me smile. Typical comments from them:
1. She/he is "religious". What they mean by this of course is that the person they are referring to is a Christian. I then explain that Christians on the whole don't like being called "religious" because to them religion is just a set of rules. Not meaning to offend any Roman Catholics who may be reading this but this TO ME this is what the Roman Catholic church is all about - rules.
Oh yes and 2. When you say you aren't going to church one week - yes just one week they say "oh you will never be forgiven for that" LOL and I explain that again rules do not apply and there is nowhere in the bible that says one has to go to church in order to be saved.
There are many more examples of the way Mr/Ms secular thinks so I thought I'd start a thread and you can add your experiences of the way they think.
So, over to you...
1. She/he is "religious". What they mean by this of course is that the person they are referring to is a Christian. I then explain that Christians on the whole don't like being called "religious" because to them religion is just a set of rules. Not meaning to offend any Roman Catholics who may be reading this but this TO ME this is what the Roman Catholic church is all about - rules.
Oh yes and 2. When you say you aren't going to church one week - yes just one week they say "oh you will never be forgiven for that" LOL and I explain that again rules do not apply and there is nowhere in the bible that says one has to go to church in order to be saved.
There are many more examples of the way Mr/Ms secular thinks so I thought I'd start a thread and you can add your experiences of the way they think.
So, over to you...