The significance of the number 37 in the Holy Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Do these correspondences occur in Greek and Hebrew manuscripts as well? I don't mean the exact ones as KJV, but in general does it occur?

re-posting from his other thread where for 50 or 60 pages he's already gone through all the stuff he is about to repeat in a new 50 or 60 page thread:

[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]

consider A = {a[SUB]1[/SUB], a[SUB]2[/SUB], a[SUB]3[/SUB], ... } and B = {b[SUB]1[/SUB], b[SUB]2[/SUB], b[SUB]3[/SUB], ...}
such that b[SUB]i[/SUB] = o[SUP]i[/SUP](a[SUB]i[/SUB]), i = 1..|A|,
for bounded operators {o[SUP]1[/SUP], o[SUP]2[/SUP], o[SUP]3[/SUP], ...}

suppose F is a continuous, bounded function F: B → C
then i, F(b[SUB]i[/SUB]) = F(o[SUP]i[/SUP](a[SUB]i[/SUB]))
therefore there exists a continuous, bounded function G: A → C, G = F
ω,
where
ω is defined by {o[SUP]i[/SUP]}, i

((if that makes sense))

which is to say ((though the math is saying more)), if there's a definable algebraic relationship between elements of the scripture in its given languages that can be mapped to the natural numbers, then of course there is also a relationship between elements of the same scripture in any translation into any language that is made in a continuous way!

some things you want to know is if G is
bijective, if it's unique, and what measures are preserved under it.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
It is discussed in the video I recommended and based on a google search it seems to be common knowledge among people who understand Greek gematria.
I'm not going to watch a video. You are laying claim to it like you understand it enough. Have the courtesy to show us how you came up with Jesus = 888. If you put it out there, as you have, then tell us plainly how you arrived at it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i don't know why people who don't understand math think they can teach others about math. much like people who don't understand physics trying to teach it.

Nov 24, 2017
did you not like the 50 or 60 page thread you already have going in this same section of the forum with exactly the same purpose and included information anymore?
I did not like the mocking and senseless posts. I am interested in having an honest discussion with people who have respect for each other.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
OK, wonderful. How did these numbers get assigned to the Greek letters? I can see the 1-10 but it still isn't valid. But then that all jumps to double then triple digits arbitrarily.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I did not like the mocking and senseless posts. I am interested in having an honest discussion with people who have respect for each other.

then please address the math.

you're not exactly going to get a different conversation just because you started the same one in a new thread, though you may get a couple people interested in a different thread title, and you'll have some people already sick of talking to you about it who won't show up in this one.

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016

then please address the math.

you're not exactly going to get a different conversation just because you started the same one in a new thread, though you may get a couple people interested in a different thread title, and you'll have some people already sick of talking to you about it who won't show up in this one.
What he is doing is moving the goalposts, no?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What he is doing is moving the goalposts, no?

just changing fields, but playing the same game against the same team, with the same strategy.

identical, standard goalposts afaik

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

the honest truth is that a lot of people here think what you're doing is a mockery of Bible study, and that it's senseless. for 50 or 60 pages they've been telling you that this is their honest opinion. it's the same people who read the same forum, and you started basically the same dialogue right in the same feed that they peruse.

i don't see this pragmatically turning out much differently, is my honest reaction.

Nov 24, 2017
OK, wonderful. How did these numbers get assigned to the Greek letters? I can see the 1-10 but it still isn't valid. But then that all jumps to double then triple digits arbitrarily.
I believe this same gematria was used to translate the Greek text of 666 into the number as we know it.

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016
What # would be the combination of Peter, Paul & Mary?

#Inquiringmindsneedtoknow

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
It is interesting that the Greek isn't important to the KJVO'ers until they want it to be important. Otherwise it is dismissed, and those who employ it are counted as those who "corrupt" the Word. That's a fact. Just look at the double-standard. Anything goes for the KJVO'er, but if you're not of them, they have a multitude of rules for others.

Let's apply the same "logic" to the english alphabet:

A-1
B-2
C-3
D-4
E-5
F-6
G-7
H-8
I-9
J-10
K-20
L-30
M-40
N-50
O-60
P-70
Q-80
R-100
S-200
T-300
U-400
V-500
W-600
X-700
Y-800
Z-900

J = 10
E = 5
S = 200
U = 400
S = 200

JESUS = 815.

That's the number we should use, not the Greek KJVOers, you know better.

Let's stick to the "pure words" of English, and not practice hypocrisy and double-standards and use the Greek "conveniently" when those of us who do use Greek are belittled, while you all get license to do so.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I believe this same gematria was used to translate the Greek text of 666 into the number as we know it.
I believe the Greek text literally says six hundred, sixty, and six. Gematria had absolutely nothing to do with honest translation. Not the same subject at all.

Nov 24, 2017
SovereignGrace, posthuman, and Willie-T are on my ignore list. I have no interest in anything that they have to say. I may add others but for now these three will suffice.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
What "(translation) of the Greek text of 666?" What are you even talking about?

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I believe the Greek text literally says six hundred, sixty, and six. Gematria had absolutely nothing to do with honest translation. Not the same subject at all.
Exactly...

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
SovereignGrace, posthuman, and Willie-T are on my ignore list. I have no interest in anything that they have to say. I may add others but for now these three will suffice.
But you want them to have interest in what you have to say, correct? Since that is so, show them the same respect and courtesy you expect them to show you.

Nov 24, 2017
What "(translation) of the Greek text of 666?" What are you even talking about?
666 is composed of 3 Greek letters that add up to this value. You have already made it clear that this is of significance to you. Do you not have something better to do with your time?