The Sinful Charge of Idolatry Against King James Bible Believers

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.

Can't argue with using the original sources.

FWIW, most Christians in the world use bibles that have the Septuagint version of Zechariah 14:5. Only Protestant bibles (except the Concordant Literal Version) continue to use the Masoretic version of this verse. Even the Jewish Publication Society, which favors the Masoretic Text, has stopped using the Masoretic version and uses what's in the Septuagint. That in itself is quite significant.
 
Last edited:
I have not read through all that was said, so if I repeat anyone here, please forgive me. I am quoting these two gentlemen because I agree with what they are saying. I personally do read the KJV and sometimes look at NIV. I reference the strongs alot, in my studies. However, even though the KJV is not completely perfect, it is very close, from what I've studied. Plus, I also like to point out that the newer Bibles that come out, they HAVE to change ALOT in order to pass copyright laws. That's the main reason why I'm concerned with alot of newer translations. How much did they change, take out, or add to get it copyrighted? Scary!

Oh! By the way... In the United States, Congress enacted the first federal copyright law in May 1790, and the first work was registered within two weeks. So, any Bibles that's been copyrighted since then, may have alot changed about them.
You got it! Newer translations are significantly different than the KJV but the copyright thing in my opinion is secondary. The real reason the translations are different is because there are two vines... the vine of Christ and the vine of Sodom. There's been a corrupt line of manuscripts since the beginning.

Keep reading that KJV and the mistakes that you think are there will disappear. :)
 
You got it! Newer translations are significantly different than the KJV but the copyright thing in my opinion is secondary. The real reason the translations are different is because there are two vines... the vine of Christ and the vine of Sodom. There's been a corrupt line of manuscripts since the beginning.

Keep reading that KJV and the mistakes that you think are there will disappear. :)

oh yeah, Lets keep reading mistakes. and get brainwashed into thinking they are ok (no matter what version your using)

Thats like saying if we keep reading that 2 + 2 is 5, we will eventually not see it as a mistake.

That my friend is satan talking..
 
Brother_Don, what you just posted is a steaming pile of crap. There's no other way to put it. The KJV-Only cult is dangerous.
Below is a fable... What is "crap" about that?

FABLE: The King James Bible was revised several times before 1800, so modern translations are just additional revisions of the original King James Bible of 1611.
 
oh yeah, Lets keep reading mistakes. and get brainwashed into thinking they are ok (no matter what version your using)

Thats like saying if we keep reading that 2 + 2 is 5, we will eventually not see it as a mistake.

That my friend is satan talking..
Or it could be that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God... Do you have hearing? Do you even have clue as to what that means?
 
Or it could be that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God... Do you have hearing? Do you even have clue as to what that means?

What does that have to do with anything, Hearing is hearing, (NOT READING BY THE WAY)

And yes I hear, When are you going to hear?

Again, How can you say a Bible Which translates agape love and phileo love (two different things with two different meanings) with one english word (love) as inspired by God?

Again, YOUR NOT LISTENING. (ps since Jesus conversations with peter where he asked him 3 times do you love me (in the KJV) yet in the origional text. twice hs asks if you agape me, the last time, he just asks if he phileo him. which is a totally different meaning, and would give us a totally different outlook on what happened there, which I never knew until I researched the passage)

so are you going to hear. or keep idolizing a book because your leaders told you things (ps, I grew up being told the same thing, and was SCARED to move on to any other book, but once I did, it was not hard, you can do it too..
 
Below is a fable... What is "crap" about that?

FABLE: The King James Bible was revised several times before 1800, so modern translations are just additional revisions of the original King James Bible of 1611.

the fact is the bible you read today is not the same bible as it read back them, the words were changed to fit modern spelling.

Your desperation wreaks my friend.
 
What does that have to do with anything, Hearing is hearing, (NOT READING BY THE WAY)

And yes I hear, When are you going to hear?

Again, How can you say a Bible Which translates agape love and phileo love (two different things with two different meanings) with one english word (love) as inspired by God?

Again, YOUR NOT LISTENING. (ps since Jesus conversations with peter where he asked him 3 times do you love me (in the KJV) yet in the origional text. twice hs asks if you agape me, the last time, he just asks if he phileo him. which is a totally different meaning, and would give us a totally different outlook on what happened there, which I never knew until I researched the passage)

so are you going to hear. or keep idolizing a book because your leaders told you things (ps, I grew up being told the same thing, and was SCARED to move on to any other book, but once I did, it was not hard, you can do it too..

I grew up believing the same BS you now believe. Now I worship the God of the KJV bible instead of the God I made up in my head. And you answered pretty much the way I thought you would... you don't know what "hearing" is , and you have no desire to know.... because you know it all already.
 
Last edited:
Brother_Don, what you just posted is a steaming pile of crap. There's no other way to put it. The KJV-Only cult is dangerous. in your eyes its crap, in my eyes its treasure, i ain't here to change your mind, as you will not change my mind. your comrades may think you are cute i see the way you speak as ignorant.
 
I grew up believing the same BS you now believe. Now I worship the God of the KJV bible instead of the God I made up in my head. And you answered pretty much the way I thought you would... you don't know what "hearing" is , and you have no desire to know.... because you know it all already.

so in other words you can not answer why a bible which does not interpret love correctly is considered by you to be the inspired word of God.

Thank you. nothing else needs to be said, (in fact, you proved you did not read what I posted. because I said I grew up a KJV onlier who was just as passionate as you are, and you made the claim you grew up like me a hater..lol..)

Some times all we have to do is stil back and watch you all speak, and you prove all our points for us.
 

so in other words you can not answer why a bible which does not interpret love correctly is considered by you to be the inspired word of God.

Thank you. nothing else needs to be said, (in fact, you proved you did not read what I posted. because I said I grew up a KJV onlier who was just as passionate as you are, and you made the claim you grew up like me a hater..lol..)

Some times all we have to do is stil back and watch you all speak, and you prove all our points for us.
Maybe you should re-read my post.. I said I grew up believing the BS YOU NOW BELIEVE, not what you grew up believing.
 
Maybe you should re-read my post.. I said I grew up believing the BS YOU NOW BELIEVE, not what you grew up believing.

yeah, and you still did not answer my question about love,, Keep talking, keep digging yourself deeper. Of Course I read what you posted. You still proved you did not read what I said,
 
yeah, and you still did not answer my question about love,, Keep talking, keep digging yourself deeper. Of Course I read what you posted. You still proved you did not read what I said,
This thread has nothing to do with the meaning of Greek words, it's about KJV only idolatry. Start another thread on love and I will gladly debate it.
 
Romans 10:17King James Version (KJV)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hearing is not sound waves hitting the inner ear, converting to electrical signals and then going to the brain. Hearing is the ability to understand what God is saying on the pages of the bible. God has a unique voice and speaking style and we can't understand Him unless we can "hear" his speech. The only way to "hear" his speech is to spend time in his word and get used to his speaking style. The KJV is the only English bible with a unique voice and speaking style that I know of. You can't "hear" the word of God in the newer translations because the voice of God is not there.

This very verse proves my point, and ironically most people who read this post do not understand this verse nor understand what I'm saying because they can't "hear". The voice of God is the reason I read the KJV only.
 
Here: https://www.jesus-is-lord.com/pref1611.htm Is a link to the "preface" of the 1611 KJV. It WAS included in every KJV for quite awhile. It IS pretty "lengthy", which is why I didn't copy and paste it. In a nutshell, the writers WARNED the reader/s, that in FACT, they are just men, COMMISSIONED by "King Jimmy" (lol.that got me). to provide an ENGLISH version from whatever texts they could get their hands on. In a truly humble fashion, (ya just hafta read it to "catch" the actual sincerity that takes many words to explain) they willfully and SELFLESSLY admit their shortcomings.

That being said, in the earlier days of this country, yes folks, there WAS an America BEFORE the "information super hi-way sensory overload" (although us folks who DO understand this, are becoming fewer and further between, and, when we are not "shouted down"), a "time" when America was more rural, and, an archaic occupation known as the "Circut Preacher", was more the norm, then the exception. the KJV (with the preface btw), was the ONLY Bible available. Depending on the size/length of the circut, it might've taken 4-6 weeks to cycle. Of course the "community" would hold services in betrweenst "rounds", if a particular church were in "town". Further out on the "prairie", however, a "country" church may not even be opened until the Preacher came around. Depending on the time of year (spring planting, fall harvesting), he might even skip a round, er 2....ESPECIALLY in the winter. Trying to give a "feel" for what it was like then, and I imagine, there are situations like this even today. Although with technology, and corporate farming, even these, are becoming "relics" of the past.

Be it over "ambered waves of grain", or "down on the bayou", or "up in the hollers", t'was the same. Given the circumstances as they were, it isn't a very hard stretch of one's imagination as just HOW these "fire n brimstoners" could SAY that concerning the KJV! Although, in MOST cases, "THAT" wasn't what C.P. MEANT! But, "that" was the way it was interpreted, by the hearer. Now, carry this forward to a child, who "heard the call", and wanted to "Go to Moody", or some other Bible college (geographically speaking, of course). This is the HOW it became an "doctrinal" issue.

Not sorry if this seems a rather long post. But, rather, SADDENED that technology is turning us into attention deficited, INSTANT gratificationists!
 
This thread has nothing to do with the meaning of Greek words, it's about KJV only idolatry. Start another thread on love and I will gladly debate it.

lol. Nice.

It is about the KJV and how people idolize it. Proven by the fact the greek and it does not match up.

again, Keep talking, You make my case for me.

I am not against the KJV, there is only one version I really do not like..

I am against those who idolize it.



 
Romans 10:17King James Version (KJV)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hearing is not sound waves hitting the inner ear, converting to electrical signals and then going to the brain. Hearing is the ability to understand what God is saying on the pages of the bible. God has a unique voice and speaking style and we can't understand Him unless we can "hear" his speech. The only way to "hear" his speech is to spend time in his word and get used to his speaking style. The KJV is the only English bible with a unique voice and speaking style that I know of. You can't "hear" the word of God in the newer translations because the voice of God is not there.

This very verse proves my point, and ironically most people who read this post do not understand this verse nor understand what I'm saying because they can't "hear". The voice of God is the reason I read the KJV only.

People hear the voice of God every day and do not have a bible..

Your relegating him to a book that was not even written when those words were origionally penned by paul (in fact, the whole bible was not even written yet, So God was still speaking)