The Sinful Charge of Idolatry Against King James Bible Believers

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I wonder what King Jimmie knew what they did to this verse?....lust sain'

2 Kings 18:27 (KJV)
[SUP]27 [/SUP] But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
 
Berthren ...the fact that we are even discussing that one translation of the manuscripts is the only word of God means...that our spiritual ignorance has gone to seed!

We need to give our religious heads a shake and come out of the fog! :cool:
 
Romans 10:17King James Version (KJV)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hearing is not sound waves hitting the inner ear, converting to electrical signals and then going to the brain. Hearing is the ability to understand what God is saying on the pages of the bible. God has a unique voice and speaking style and we can't understand Him unless we can "hear" his speech. The only way to "hear" his speech is to spend time in his word and get used to his speaking style. The KJV is the only English bible with a unique voice and speaking style that I know of. You can't "hear" the word of God in the newer translations because the voice of God is not there.

This very verse proves my point, and ironically most people who read this post do not understand this verse nor understand what I'm saying because they can't "hear". The voice of God is the reason I read the KJV only.


It's THERE, KJV1611, cuz God's WORD is "pregnant", and NO translation totally omits THAT. Although, newer translations make it harder to "hear".
 
People hear the voice of God every day and do not have a bible..

Your relegating him to a book that was not even written when those words were origionally penned by paul (in fact, the whole bible was not even written yet, So God was still speaking)
The difference between you and I is that you relegate the bible to being just a book, I don't. My bible is the Word of God. My bible is alive, it has a voice and it speaks to me.
 
What I hope you few are kidding, the KJV did not exist in Paul's days.

No completed form existed then, as the letters were all still separate and passed around the churches. A few of them were even debated over.
 
The difference between you and I is that you relegate the bible to being just a book, I don't. My bible is the Word of God. My bible is alive, it has a voice and it speaks to me.

You and E.G.are both right to an extent.

The KJV did not exist in Paul's days, but also as you said it is not just a book.

It is the Word of God !!!

However without the HOLY Spirit guiding a person, clearly understanding the scriptures is impossible as the carnal mind can not comprehend what is being said !!!
 
John 5:39-40 (NASB)
[SUP]39 [/SUP] "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
[SUP]40 [/SUP] and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.
 
It's THERE, KJV1611, cuz God's WORD is "pregnant", and NO translation totally omits THAT. Although, newer translations make it harder to "hear".
Oh no doubt, God can save people with any version, but to grow in faith and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ you have to be in His vine, not the vine of Sodom.
 
What I hope you few are kidding, the KJV did not exist in Paul's days.

No completed form existed then, as the letters were all still separate and passed around the churches. A few of them were even debated over.


True, KennethC.........True! What DID exist in those days, and even these days, is "mans'" spirit. Whom God would not strive long with, nor contend FOR!
 
John 5:39-40 (NASB)
[SUP]39 [/SUP] "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
[SUP]40 [/SUP] and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.
The word of God has never been directly written down on paper. The word of God has always been hidden inside the written word. The letter (words written on paper) killeth, but the spirit (the word of God hidden in the text) giveth life.
 
The difference between you and I is that you relegate the bible to being just a book, I don't. My bible is the Word of God. My bible is alive, it has a voice and it speaks to me.

All bibles are alive, no matter what version they are. This is proven by the fact people who never read the KJV are saved and out doing Gods will.

No, The difference between you and me is you idolize a book. I worship a God who can speak many ways, and do not hold him back to just one book.
 
Oh no doubt, God can save people with any version, but to grow in faith and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ you have to be in His vine, not the vine of Sodom.

yet many fine and faithful servants of God, who have done many great things for him have never laid eyes on the KJV.

You of little faith, that thinks God can use all things..
 
All bibles are alive, no matter what version they are. This is proven by the fact people who never read the KJV are saved and out doing Gods will.

No, The difference between you and me is you idolize a book. I worship a God who can speak many ways, and do not hold him back to just one book.
I don't deny it, I worship the book... The book is the only image of Jesus Christ that I have. I have no other way to know who God is outside of what is written on the pages of my bible. As I said before, my bible is not just a book, it's alive and the spirit of God speaks to me from it's pages.
 
I don't deny it, I worship the book... The book is the only image of Jesus Christ that I have. I have no other way to know who God is outside of what is written on the pages of my bible. As I said before, my bible is not just a book, it's alive and the spirit of God speaks to me from it's pages.

As is my NKJV, My NASB, My wives ESV, they are all alive an powerful. sharper than any two edged sword. able to make the man of God fully equiped to do what God wants him to do.

its not the book you have in your hand, it is the words given by God which are written in the books.
 
Are we not straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel? Smile.

A very small remnant of the ecclesia can 'discern the body of Christ', the rest are clueless.

There's bigger fish to fry folks, so let's fry those fish so the folks don't fry.
 
I don't deny it, I worship the book... The book is the only image of Jesus Christ that I have. I have no other way to know who God is outside of what is written on the pages of my bible. As I said before, my bible is not just a book, it's alive and the spirit of God speaks to me from it's pages.

So you admit to idolatry ???

You need to repent of that my brother, and also do you claim the Holy Spirit only speaks through the words in the bible ???

I can tell you first hand the Holy Spirit speaks to me even when I don't have a bible opened.

The Holy Spirit is always there to guide us !!!
 
As is my NKJV, My NASB, My wives ESV, they are all alive an powerful. sharper than any two edged sword. able to make the man of God fully equiped to do what God wants him to do.

its not the book you have in your hand, it is the words given by God which are written in the books.
EG I understand something that you don't understand... I'm sorry, that's the way it is. I tried to show you through the "hearing" example but you didn't get it. All bibles are not equal, all bibles are not alive, all bibles don't have the voice of God. The bible is written in symbolic language... if you destroy the symbolic words like the newer translations have done you destroy the voice... that's just the way it is.
 
So you admit to idolatry ???

You need to repent of that my brother, and also do you claim the Holy Spirit only speaks through the words in the bible ???

I can tell you first hand the Holy Spirit speaks to me even when I don't have a bible opened.

The Holy Spirit is always there to guide us !!!
Is the bible the image of God?