The Singles Forum Hosts A Summer Cookout! What Would YOU Like to See/Do There?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
but the cream pie, as I heard in the US is just 100% cream. To me it looks like shaving cream but I have seen (from genuine US TV commercials, they never lie!) that you can get cream in a aerosol can called miracle whip.

I just wondered why bother pretending with the throwing pie when you could just bring the can and spray it in peoples faces?
Hoo boy, you DID get mixed up!

The things they throw in each other's faces (what, are you watching Three Stooges? Pie-in-the-face is ooooooooold!) are just blobs of whipped stuff in pie tins. Real cream pies - like, the kind people EAT - have some kind of custard, pie crust, with whipped cream on top. Then there is "whipped topping" or "cool whip" which is an agglomeration of chemicals, vegetable oils and sweeteners that is supposed to imitate whipped cream but without any dairy. It's kind of nasty but it's cheap and some people like it.

Miracle whip is something completely different. It's a sandwich spread made mostly out of vegetable oil, sugar and vinegar.

J

joecoten

I grew up eating Miracle Whip but somewhere along the line, my mother switched to Hellman's. Good choice, mom!
She made the best potato salad in the world! Most families would go to a park for a picnic, but as my parents grew up in the bush, dad would always find some out-of-the-place spot to have a barbeque. We'd often go with our cousins the Chapmans, so there'd be 10 kids! :)

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well oreo truffles usually go over well so I could bring those, or no bake cheesecake, I've got a pretty good recipie for that. Or i could get out the new little ice cream maker and put it through its paces. How soon is this cookout going to happen?

I will also bring the board games. We can terraform mars, stop biff from wrecking marty's timeline, compete to see who is the maddest mad scientist, or just roll some dice. Might even pick up another one of those escape room card games.

As for yard games, my plus one has 4 legs and really likes to chase tennis balls (and rabbits, and birds, and squirrels, you get the idea) around the yard. That will be our yard game of choice. She can earn her keep by disposing of all the bones from the steaks and pork chops.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I’m flying in to see y’all since we got two grills going on.

Will bring through some NZ pineapple lumps.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I'd make maple bacon cupcakes (someones gotta bring the sugar) and a side.

I love you SeoulSearch, but INTO THE DUNK TANK WITH YOU! Just cause everyone needs to be dunked once in a while :)

Oh yeah, I like my steak medium done ♡

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ugh, no. Think what the chlorine would do to her skin...

The dunk tank doesn't have chlorine? How do you keep stuff from growing in it?

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Ugh, no. Think what the chlorine would do to her skin...

The dunk tank doesn't have chlorine? How do you keep stuff from growing in it?
You dont leave the water in it for days.. lol

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
I'd make maple bacon cupcakes (someones gotta bring the sugar) and a side.

I love you SeoulSearch, but INTO THE DUNK TANK WITH YOU! Just cause everyone needs to be dunked once in a while :)

Oh yeah, I like my steak medium done ♡
Seoul is in the tank???

I gotta see that!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im usually a peaceloving person, but you need to have a game of tug of war.

I think this will prevent any food fights, while the aggressors are busy proving how strong they are, the pacifists are eating all the food.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I believe that whatever I do I need to do it with the confidence of a 4 year old in a Batman Tshirt.

So I'm having a food fight and a water fight....and in that order.

S

SimpleSheep

With this weather, I'll gladly be in the dunk tank ya'll!

S

SimpleSheep

Also can we bring our pets and have a pool party?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You need some slime shower gel for the final rinse

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Aww look't all those baby puppies! Even the stupid cat was cute.