The Spirit of Prophecy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
With all due respect to you, your basis for what you believe are illogical as well. You assume people who cannot hear, see, speak, cannot fulfill Gods will. God would surly make provisions for such people. However, for those who are able and choose to reject plain Biblical teaching, which seems to be your problem God will make no provisions (John 12:48).

Usually when folks jump to the attack mode it is because they have seen their error and can do nothing but attack the person. This is common in debates. Which is what you are doing now.

I did not call you foolish, but the questions you ask. You called me foolish which is a personal attack on me. It also angers me when folks say they believe the Bible but refuse to believe what it says. When folks begin asking the kind of questions you did, it is because that is a last ditch effort, because you cannot prove the Scriptures wrong. Christ refused to answer foolish questions at times, just read the Gospel accounts.

And using your own words I truly feel sorry for you, because you refuse to open your eyes and read the Scriptures. Do not believe it because I said it, reason from the Scriptures. That is how I came to the conclusions that I did.

I hope you have a good day, and that someday you may leave behind your preconceived ideas and read the Scriptures with a willing heart.
I have refuted the reasoning of baptism being necessary for salvation quite easily, because the only way someone can come to that belief is by making faulty assumptions. But I have not seen a refutation of what I have posted.

I did not call you foolish. I said you appeared foolish. That is why I italicized the word "appear". And I'm really surprised you think I believe my arguments don't hold water and that that was because I was annoyed. To be honest, I was annoyed because of what I said. I couldn't believe anyone could make such illogical assumptions from Scripture, and now I have shown how such assumptions can be incorrect. Can you show me how they can be correct now?

The point of my post is that baptism is not necessary for salvation because it is separate from the Gospel (which saves). I have shown this using Scripture. And because baptism isn't needed to be performed every time one is saved, then this shows it is not always necessary for salvation. And if something is not always necessary then it is never necessary with regard to what saves (according to the very definition of the word "necessary"). It would then only serve a place of second importance with regard to the Gospel. The Gospel would be the thing that is necessary - baptism would be the thing that helps to bring some people to salvation on occasion.

So, I'm sorry for having been hard on you. I apologize. If you would like to answer my objections, then feel free to.

If you still believe that one must confess with their mouths, be baptized, etc. then please show me the provisions that God would make for those who would not have proper water or who would be unable to speak. Would God provide them with proper water? Would he heal them so they could speak?

I still feel that you are using baptism to drown people spiritually in the same way the unsaved Jews used circumcision to cut people off from Christ.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Isaiah 46:9-10,,,,,,,"remember the former things of old:for i am god,and there is none else;i am god,and there is none like me. declaring the end from the beginning,and from ancient times the things that are not yet done,saying my counsel shall stand,and i will do all my pleasure:,,,,,,,,
"so then he declared it from the ancient days" ,,,,,"he declared the end from the beginning",,,,,,so if he's a prophet he's saying the thing "god said,,,,in the beginning in the ancient days",,,,,,,,,,,look how he begins,,,,,,,,,,"remember the former things of old",,,,,,so it seems a "prophet,,,would know and say the thing god has already said",,,,,,,,,,remember "Daniel,,,,,,,finding in the scripture 70 years",,,,,,"search ye the scripture ect.,,,,,,,,,and they are they that confess me",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"the thing that was that is the thing which shall be",,,,,,,,,,,,the thing that was not understood then was sent a messenger to explain,and then it was made known,,,,the holy spirit went into them,,,,,,,,,,"but the comforter,which is the holy ghost,whom the father will send in my name,he shall teach you all things,and bring all things to your remembrance,whatsoever i have said to you." john 14;26

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.”
– Winston Churchill “All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.”– Galileo “The search for truth implies a duty. One must not conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true.”– Albert Einstein “Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”– Thoreau “Peace if possible, truth at all costs.”– Martin Luther “Always tell the truth. That way you don’t have to remember what you said.”– Mark Twain “When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest.”– Unknown “All generalizations, including this one, are false.”– Mark Twain “A man may be an heretic in the truth, and if he believes things only because his pastor says so, or the assembly so determines, without knowing other reason, though his belief be true, yet the very truth he holds becomes his heresy.”– F. W. Farrar “Those who think that the majority holds the truth are themselves in the majority of fools.”– Unknown

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
"a hand full of men's,,,, mind's,from this generation",,,, "are not the mind of one messiah,,,,,from the foundation till now",,,they are, all but one smart enough to tie their shoe's,,,,,,,,,,,but not to create the molecule's in them.