The Times of the Gentiles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
So truth is not important?
How did you get that out of what i said? I just said to eternally-grateful i agree with how he reads the chapter. This is outrageous ive tried my best to converse with you but you have proven to be incapable or unwilling to discuss in a bible discussion forum, not only with me but with everyone else who doesnt hold your cultic views.

Jan 17, 2020
How did you get that out of what i said? I just said to eternally-grateful i agree with how he reads the chapter. This is outrageous ive tried my best to converse with you but you have proven to be incapable or unwilling to discuss in a bible discussion forum, not only with me but with everyone else who doesnt hold your cultic views.
So if you agree with eg, how is my post off topic?

Feb 28, 2016
OK dave,
what Scriptures are you referring to in your above statement???

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
It's like this. If you are born again you can see the kingdom. But you can be deceived while born again and miss seeing it. So I didn't say what you accuse me of.

You nullify your own statement as Dino stated in that you say you can both be deceived and see at the same time.

Jan 17, 2020
OK dave,
what Scriptures are you referring to in your above statement???
I only refer to Jesus bringing the Kingdom with him thereby preaching it. And saying only the born again can see it.

Jan 17, 2020
You nullify your own statement as Dino stated in that you say you can both be deceived and see at the same time.
How long were the Apostles born again? Still looking for a physical kingdom?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
In the NT The Church whom they persecute is heavenly Jerusalem.
True.
The Book of Johns Revelation speaks of that holy city descends from Heaven to the earth. Chapter 21.
Saul, who was also called Paul, tells us this in his letters to the Hebrews in both chapters 11 and 12.

Nov 23, 2013
Yes it is

so not only will we come, we will come gladly, and more than once a year. In fact, we may never want to leave.

and considering there is punishment, in context t, it CAN NOT be heavenly jerusalem, because there will be no punishment in heaven we will be sinless

or did your forget that?

you must take scripture and interpret what is says, not so if fits what you believe.

punishment means not heaven, it means on earth, where there are still sinners
Heavenly Jerusalem isn't heaven it's the city of the living God, it's the general assembly and CHURCH of the firstborn (Jesus Christ).

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

There is punishment for those who won't go there, those who won't go wont get rain, no rain, no salvation. Heavenly Jerusalem came and replaced earthly Jerusalem when Christ came.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
How long were the Apostles born again? Still looking for a physical kingdom?

In Revelation 11:15-18 that was given to John he says at the 7th trump when do you think this is or was John deceived?

Apr 15, 2017
The nation of Israel has 70 weeks to make an end of sins, bring in everlasting righteousness, and anoint the most holy who is Jesus.

69 weeks has passed with one week to go, 7 years, which is the time God causes all people who love not the truth to follow the beast, and brings Israel to the truth that Jesus is their Lord ans Savior.

Which Jesus told the disciples that the Father would restore the kingdom on earth to Israel in the future.

Which God said He will make a full end of all Gentile nations but not make a full end of Israel but they will be punished in part.

Which God said He will bring the whole house of Jacob back to Israel and leave none of them in the nations anymore and they shall know the LORD their God from that time forward and He will never hide His face from them again which they will always be in the truth from that point forward.

Which has to be a future prophesy for Israel as a nation is not in the truth now.

Israel is blinded in part which they acknowledge the Old Testament for the majority but not the New, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in when salvation is no longer available to them, and so all Israel shall be saved.

Since Israel is still blinded in part the fulness of the Gentiles has not come in and Gentiles still have salvation available to them.

God warns the saints of the new age movement and the time will come the world will only want to hear the Bible according to the new age movement.

The New Age Christ will establish peace in the Middle East and it will pave the way for all Jews to go to Israel and none of them will be in the nations anymore.

The Gentile governments will come together and try to establish peace on earth and the 7 years period will begin.

For the first three and one half years repentance and salvation is still available to the world.

The nations failed at obtaining peace for the world and they turn to the New Age Christ as the solution and when the world follows the beast and takes his mark then repentance and salvation are no longer available to the world and the fulness of the Gentiles have come in.

God will turn Israel as a nation to the truth and restore the kingdom on earth to them and all Israel shall be saved.

The fulness of the Gentiles could of not come in yet for Israel is still blinded in part and the Gentiles still have salvation available to them.

Nov 23, 2013
It's talking about earthly Jerusalem. The chapter starts as a prophecy about Armageddon, The Day of The Lord. The physical return of Messiah as corroborated by the other prophets. They all tell the same story. There is no reason to dilute the potency of the prophecy.
Amo 8:1 Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit.
Amo 8:2 And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.

Earthly Jerusalem and the Jewish people came to an end in Amos 8:2. This happened BEFORE that generation passed.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Feb 28, 2016
once again, speaking to those who are 'true in heart', don't be deceived or offended by personal opinions,
or 'set-up agendas' -
but just 'draw the Truth from Scriptural Facts', don't let yourselves be duped or drawn into contentious situations,
by whom ever sets them up...

E

eternally-gratefull

Continuing where you left off.

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

According to the book of Acts, "the things that shall come to pass afterward", came to pass on the day of Pentecost. So Joel 2:28 and all the preceding verses were fulfilled at or before the day of Pentecost.

Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Believe it or not it will happen again

In order for prophesy to be fulfilled ALL of it Must happen
at least you admit how it was not a symbol

Nov 23, 2013
Let me just say that I believe Colossians 2:16-17 is making the point that we (the Church which is His body) are not commanded to be keeping these things.

However, the passage itself DOES say, "... which ARE [present tense, plural] A SHADOW [singular] of the things [plural] COMING [present participle]"

(IOW, I am pretty convinced that in the trib years [FOLLOWING our Rapture/THE Departure], that these things will aid Israel in their coming to faith in Christ ["making the connections," so to speak], one of the purposes of the trib years is to bring Israel into the new covenant, as I see it; this is who Matt24:9b is talking about [early-ish in the trib] where it says, "and ye shall be hated of all nations for My name's sake" and v.14's "And this gospel of the kingdom SHALL BE PREACHED in all the world for a witness unto all the nations..." [mid-point and second half] that is, DURING the trib yrs [the Church which is His body will have already been "raptured" out, and which "event" will itself be a primary "impetus" pointing Israel to Christ!])
Amo 8:2 And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.

When the summer fruit is gathered, Israel is done with forever, God will never come to them as a nation ever again. This happens/happened when "summer is nigh". Jesus said that the generation he was present with at that time, would not pass until this happened.

E

eternally-gratefull

It's like this. If you are born again you can see the kingdom. But you can be deceived while born again and miss seeing it. So I didn't say what you accuse me of.
Hence it is a useless argument because it does not prove who is right.

Yet you keep bringing it up And you keep using it against us

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Did he really? Let's review. Dave-L said this:
Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. The Book of John chapter 3:3
The Saved, those Redeemed in Christ, are regenerated by God into a new creation. And we are indwelt by Holy Spirit God.
Jesus said the kingdom of Heaven/God is in the midst of you. The Book of Luke chapter 17
ἐντός (entos)
Strong: G1787

GK: G1955

improper prep., gen., inside, within, Lk. 17:21; τὸ ἐντός, the interior, inside, Mt. 23:26

Your remarks and others concerning Dave-L's observation above is proof of his remarks. You can be saved, born again, and see the kingdom of God when you claim Christ. However, when you are unaware that kingdom is not of this world but is within you, you missed seeing that truth of it. Seek ye a physical kingdom, like monarchs across our globe have and you shall miss it. It is not earthly. We are the kingdom of God, the church, because we are indwelt by the King of Heaven, and His kingdom is alive within us. That's how you miss seeing it. Not knowing that is missing seeing where the kingdom is.

Nov 23, 2013
Believe it or not it will happen again

In order for prophesy to be fulfilled ALL of it Must happen
at least you admit how it was not a symbol
I never said it was symbolic, I said it was the heavenly version, the REAL version and not an earthly shadow.

E

eternally-gratefull

It’s just us. We are attacking him he is being nice to us