The Tool Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
We have gas/petrol powered tools they use red petrol/diesel

That’s fuel with a bit of dye added to it. You don’t pay tax on the red stuff, it’s the
only difference. Fuel used to run a vehicle is taxed. If it’s to run machinery it’s not
so it’s cheaper.

People get caught out though putting it in their cars and get fined for tax invasion.
We have the same thing here with what is known as "off road diesel" or "red dye" but only diesel, not gasoline.

M

Miri

Well there is was wondering about gardening tools, and due to
months of sun and no rain. I’ve not had to touch the garden since May!

Some parts of the hedge and grass will probably need a light trim
maybe just before the end of the growing season,

But hey ho, bring on global warming. Lol

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It's been months since I've purchased a new tool. I'm jonesing. I see Ace has a sale on dewalt this weekend.

M

Miri

It's been months since I've purchased a new tool. I'm jonesing. I see Ace has a sale on dewalt this weekend.
What’s Jonesing? Do you mean as in keeping up with the Jones’ (as in
Keeping up with the posh neighbours)?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
What’s Jonesing? Do you mean as in keeping up with the Jones’ (as in
Keeping up with the posh neighbours)?
Craving, like jonesing for some dope.

M

Miri

Jones must get blamed for all sorts of things in different countries. lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

Weve had a ton of rain here this summer..mostly strong storms..but dont last long )

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011

No seriously, you do not want global warming, no matter how it is caused. Western Canada, the western US, Alaska and Siberia are on fire, because it is so hot and dry. We have a HUGE lake, (90 miles long by 4 miles wide by 500 feet deep!) so we don't have an actual water shortage, but fires and smoke!

Today, I can't even see the lake, which we are just a bit above, for smoke. It is just terrible. I have asthma and it makes it so hard on me. But, worse on the people losing their homes and businesses, again, this year.

This is the 4th summer with heavy smoke. And the year before, in Alberta, it was fires from the NWT. I just long for a week or 2 of no rain, and no lightening! And for stupid people not to start fires, especially on purpose, but also for all the cigarette butts carelessly tossed out of car windows and starting fires!

Feb 28, 2016
Angela,
God has given 'you' a leg-on' -
step up,...

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I went out and bought a new paint sprayer a week or so ago. I've had a larger model for a while but the time came to invest in another machine.

1533942820135.jpeg

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I went out and bought a new paint sprayer a week or so ago. I've had a larger model for a while but the time came to invest in another machine.

View attachment 186503
New tool on my list is a rab nail/staple gun...just trying to find one that doesnt weigh a ton and has a longer nose to get in tight spots..

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
@Oncefallen

This is on my Christmas list
If it's a tool that you are going to use routinely I would stay away from Central Pneumatic. Harbor Freight is great for tools you rarely need, but the quality is lacking and they won't hold up over the long run.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
If it's a tool that you are going to use routinely I would stay away from Central Pneumatic. Harbor Freight is great for tools you rarely need, but the quality is lacking and they won't hold up over the long run.
I mostly have dewalt tools..drills ..circular saw..maybe would like jig saw some day but not a priority..

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I mostly have dewalt tools..drills ..circular saw..maybe would like jig saw some day but not a priority..
Most of my older power tools are DeWalt but my newer tools are all Ridgid. No other manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on their power tools.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Most of my older power tools are DeWalt but my newer tools are all Ridgid. No other manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on their power tools.
Good to know!

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Those brad nailers are super handy for smaller projects... mine (Porter Cable) was absolutely invaluable when I built the American Girl sized doll house for the grand girl this past Christmas.

I recently got a finish nailer, too.... I love it. It's a Rigid brand.

Nail guns just ROCK.

M

Miri

View attachment 186503

Talking of paint has anyone tried anything like this and are they as
good as they make it out to be. Supposedly there are no drips and you
can paint right up to the borders.

M

Miri

No seriously, you do not want global warming, no matter how it is caused. Western Canada, the western US, Alaska and Siberia are on fire, because it is so hot and dry. We have a HUGE lake, (90 miles long by 4 miles wide by 500 feet deep!) so we don't have an actual water shortage, but fires and smoke!

Today, I can't even see the lake, which we are just a bit above, for smoke. It is just terrible. I have asthma and it makes it so hard on me. But, worse on the people losing their homes and businesses, again, this year.

This is the 4th summer with heavy smoke. And the year before, in Alberta, it was fires from the NWT. I just long for a week or 2 of no rain, and no lightening! And for stupid people not to start fires, especially on purpose, but also for all the cigarette butts carelessly tossed out of car windows and starting fires!
We had a couple of fires in the UK for the first time, apart from one the others
were proven to be arson.