The Tribulation and the Church, WHEN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 3, 2019
Under that particular template then ,we can pretty much throw out all the nt,since Jesus was speaking to the disciples,paul to the romans,and specic other believers,and peter to the 12 tribes scattered.

None of it,under your prism,applys to modern christianity.
I don't think K16 is saying that at all. He's speaking to audience relevance and context.

How may still take what Paul said about marriage:

(1 Cor 7:26 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.)

Is the above still relevant or was Paul speaking of the present distress as extending to our times?

I think not, so there are audience relevant and time context parts of the bible that do no apply to us, that's not to say they do not inform us.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ stonesoffire, I cannot quite tell from your post ^ (so am seeking clarification regarding what you've said therein), are you speaking favorably or unfavorably of his writings? (I apologize that I cannot tell which of these two your post is suggesting. Thanks! :) )
NVM, I think it's beginning to dawn on me what you meant by your entire post. Thanks.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Whether you will receive it or not, all those things pertained to 70 AD and the destruction of "Jezebel" and the ones "who say they are Jews and are not".

So were the letters or the book of Revelation written in 90 AD? I think not, they had to be written BEFORE 70 AD.
I agree 100% that Revelation was written before 70 A.D.

I do not believe that 100% of Revelation prophecy has been fulfilled or that all of it is tied directly to 70 A.D.

Of course, some of it has been fulfilled.

~

The highlighted phrase in the quote above actually has a modern application.

Modern-day Israel is not the 'true' biblical Old Testament 'dry bones' prophetic return of the nation of Israel.

That prophecy has not been fulfilled yet. Jesus will fulfill the 'dry bones' prophecy and "raise up" Israel when He returns for the part that they will play during the 1000-year reign of Christ.

The modern-day nation of Israel was not brought into existance by [real] Jews like most people think; rather, it was "created" as part of an illuminati agenda -- and, is the epitome of "who say they are Jews and are not"...

Keep in mind that I am speaking in terms of the national 'political' and 'legal' identity - and government - of the modern-day nation of Israel -- not [generally about] the people who live there.

I am thinking that there were probably far more "real Jews" involved in the events circa 70 A.D. than there have ever been in the modern-day nation of Israel.

"Food for thought..."

Nov 23, 2013
I agree 100% that Revelation was written before 70 A.D.

I do not believe that 100% of Revelation prophecy has been fulfilled or that all of it is tied directly to 70 A.D.

Of course, some of it has been fulfilled.

~

The highlighted phrase in the quote above actually has a modern application.

Modern-day Israel is not the 'true' biblical Old Testament 'dry bones' prophetic return of the nation of Israel.

That prophecy has not been fulfilled yet. Jesus will fulfill the 'dry bones' prophecy and "raise up" Israel when He returns for the part that they will play during the 1000-year reign of Christ.

The modern-day nation of Israel was not brought into existance by [real] Jews like most people think; rather, it was "created" as part of an illuminati agenda -- and, is the epitome of "who say they are Jews and are not"...

Keep in mind that I am speaking in terms of the national 'political' and 'legal' identity - and government - of the modern-day nation of Israel -- not [generally about] the people who live there.

I am thinking that there were probably far more "real Jews" involved in the events circa 70 A.D. than there have ever been in the modern-day nation of Israel.

"Food for thought..."
The dry bones came out of the grave when Christ rose from the dead. Breath entered them and they lived again.

They had sinews and flesh and skin and breath. They walked the streets of Jerusalem.

There was a great noise and shaking when they rose.

They went to their true inheritance (heaven) with Christ.

If that’s not fulfillment of the dry bones then I don’t know what is.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The dry bones came out of the grave when Christ rose from the dead. Breath entered them and they lived again.
They had sinews and flesh and skin and breath. They walked the streets of Jerusalem.
There was a great noise and shaking when they rose.
They went to their true inheritance (heaven) with Christ.
If that’s not fulfillment of the dry bones then I don’t know what is.
If you read the text carefully, their bones stand up first, long before the "breath" is put into them.

[see esp vv.11-14, then go on to read also vv.21-23 along with what that had said]

Nov 23, 2013
If you read the text carefully, their bones stand up first, long before the "breath" is put into them.

[see esp vv.11-14, then go on to read also vv.21-23 along with what that had said]
Not sure which bible version you’re reading but the KJV says first - sinews, flesh and then skin came on them.

Next breath came and they lived.

Next they lived and then stood upon their feet.

Eze 37:8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

Eze 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

Eze 37:10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army