THE TRINITY, THE MYSTERY UNVEILLED.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 26, 2016
The issue of God's trinity has been a subject of debate among Christians and non-Christians for many generations.

It will take me a great amount of time to bring people to understand me on this topic which I wouldn't want to bore you with a long article. I will just hit the points straight.

God revealed Himself in the first chapter and verses of the Holy Bible.
Genesis 1: 2.
' the earth was without form and an empty waste and darkness were upon the face of the very deep. The Spirit of God was moving ( hovering. Brooding ) over the face of the waters.'
When God created the earth, it has no form and it is a waste. The creator knew something must be done to effect a change and His Spirit began to brood over the Waters before the changes could come.

The image of God was made visible in that verse of the Bible. Has anyone ever given a thought to what it means for God's Spirit to be brooding over the Water's surface?
1corinthians 2 : 11

The Spirit of God there signifies the mind of God. When God created formless and void earth, His mind was thinking about the changes to be done to make the earth meaningful. Then His Spirit began to relate with the Waters before the changes were made.

OVER THE FACE OF THE WATERS.
This mysterious Water signifies a person but who is that person.
John 4 : 14 and JOHN 7:37.

Jesus always speaks to the people pertaining some water He has which the people should come and drink from Him. Jesus is the very Waters being mentioned there in Genesis 1.

We were told in the book of John 1 how everything was created by the word of God and we all know that this word is Jesus the Christ. After God finishes thinking about what to do to the void and formless earth, He needs the spoken word to effect a change and for that to happen, He related with the Waters.
PSALMS 29:3
' THE VOICE OF THE LORD IS UPON MANY GLASSES OF WATER; THE LORD OF GLORY THUNDERS; THE LORD IS UPON MANY ( GREAT) WATER. '

The only reason His voice was upon the Waters is that the Waters had the word He needed to speak to effect the changes He desired.

Without any exemption, Jesus is the Waters made mentioned in Genesis 1. He was represented as the Waters and the Holy Spirit was represented as the Spirit of God which was brooding over the Waters.

The mind of God was communicating to Jesus who was God's creative ability on what and what is to be created to put shape and meaning to the earth.

We have all seen how Jesus and the Holy Spirit are actively involved in the creation of all things. God never acted alone. He said, let us create man in our image and likeness. Genesis 2.

I have several Bible scriptural verses to back up my claims but I want to shorten the article so as not to bore any of you.

P

pottersclay

The mind of God was communicating to Jesus who was God's creative ability on what and what is to be created to put shape and meaning to the earth.

could you explain this part further? Inotherwards dumb it down for me?

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co

could you explain this part further? Inotherwards dumb it down for me?
The Beginning
(Genesis 1:1–2; Hebrews 11:1–3)
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

Amplified Bible
In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

P

pottersclay

I like what you posted here very much.
Would like to explore it more. Thank you for sharing🤔🤔

Jan 30, 2022
The issue of God's trinity has been a subject of debate among Christians and non-Christians for many generations.

It will take me a great amount of time to bring people to understand me on this topic which I wouldn't want to bore you with a long article. I will just hit the points straight.

' the earth was without form and an empty waste and darkness were upon the face of the very deep. The Spirit of God was moving ( hovering. Brooding ) over the face of the waters.'
When God created the earth, it has no form and it is a waste. The creator knew something must be done to effect a change and His Spirit began to brood over the Waters before the changes could come.

The image of God was made visible in that verse of the Bible. Has anyone ever given a thought to what it means for God's Spirit to be brooding over the Water's surface?

The Spirit of God there signifies the mind of God. When God created formless and void earth, His mind was thinking about the changes to be done to make the earth meaningful. Then His Spirit began to relate with the Waters before the changes were made.

Jesus always speaks to the people pertaining some water He has which the people should come and drink from Him. Jesus is the very Waters being mentioned there in Genesis 1.

We were told in the book of John 1 how everything was created by the word of God and we all know that this word is Jesus the Christ. After God finishes thinking about what to do to the void and formless earth, He needs the spoken word to effect a change and for that to happen, He related with the Waters.
' THE VOICE OF THE LORD IS UPON MANY GLASSES OF WATER; THE LORD OF GLORY THUNDERS; THE LORD IS UPON MANY ( GREAT) WATER. '

The only reason His voice was upon the Waters is that the Waters had the word He needed to speak to effect the changes He desired.

Without any exemption, Jesus is the Waters made mentioned in Genesis 1. He was represented as the Waters and the Holy Spirit was represented as the Spirit of God which was brooding over the Waters.

We have all seen how Jesus and the Holy Spirit are actively involved in the creation of all things. God never acted alone. He said, let us create man in our image and likeness. Genesis 2.

I have several Bible scriptural verses to back up my claims but I want to shorten the article so as not to bore any of you.
I was going to make some comments about your manufactured expose. But I think I will just pray for you.

Feb 21, 2016

Thanks for posting this.can you share more? :)

Oct 26, 2016

could you explain this part further? Inotherwards dumb it down for me[

1 Corinthians 2: 12
' now we have received, not the Spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely giving to us of God.'

Apostle Paul was only trying to make us understand that it takes the Spirit of God to know the mind of God. Paul knew you can access God's mind to know what God has in His mind for you only when you have the Spirit of God inside of you.

The Spirit of God was brooding over the Waters.

That statement was only making us understand that God's mind was thinking ( brooding ) about the void and formlessearth

Oct 26, 2016
' now we have received, not the Spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely giving to us of God.'

Apostle Paul was only trying to make us understand that it takes the Spirit of God to know the mind of God. Paul knew you can access God's mind to know what God has in His mind for you only when you have the Spirit of God inside of you.

'The Spirit of God was brooding over the Waters.'

That statement was only making us understand that God's mind was thinking ( brooding ) about the solution to the void and formless earth. After He must have done with the thinking processes, His Spirit began to relate with the Waters.
Psalms 29 verse 3
‘The voice of the Lord is upon many waters; the Lord of glory thunders; the Lord is upon many [great] waters’.
The only reason His voice was upon the waters is that the waters had the word He needed to use to affect the changes He desired. For God to use the word, He needed a voice to speak the word. Now for God’s voice to be upon the waters, it means, the word He needed to speak is in the great waters. The Lord spoke the word [Jesus] and changes were made to the void form of the earth. The voice that spoke the word is upon the waters which the Spirit of God was brooding upon. ‘…the Lord is upon many [great] waters.’

2PETER 3 VERSE 5
‘ For they willingly forget [the fact] that the heavens existed long ago by the word of God, and the earth was formed out of the water and by water.’ [AMPLIFIED VERSION]
The Bible book of Apostle Peter made us understand that it was out of waters and by the means of waters our world was formed Apostle John in the book of John 1 also made us understand that it was by the means of the word of God everything was formed. If we are to relate the account of Peter together with that of John, because the living Bible can't contradict itself, we all should know that the Waters there signify the word of God.
In the beginning, He was there represented as the Waters which were used to create the world. This same word of God is Jesus Christ our Lord who was calling on the people to come and drink of Him. Drinking of Him is the same as being filled by the true word of God.
This is another one just to prove to you that the Waters signify the word of God. EPHESIANS 5 VERSE 26.
‘ So that He might sanctify the church, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, ‘

Jesus will sanctify the church by the washing of water with the word. The church is to be sanctified by the word [Jesus] but Apostle Paul who has great understanding called the word sanctification, the washing of water because he knew the mystery of Jesus [the word] being the Waters.

It should be clearer to us now that God Almighty also has a Spiritual body and a Spiritual Soul which enables Him to think and act exactly the way we humans do.
COLOSSIANS 2 VERSE 9
‘For in Him the whole fullness of Deity [the Godhead] continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature].’
This verse has just made it clearer to us that Jesus Christ serves as the Spiritual body of the Almighty creator.
JOHN 1:3
All things were made and came into existence through Him.
Humans also create things through their physical human body after they must have properly thought about it in their minds. With what I have just explained, I hope we are satisfied that God the creator also has a Soul [Holy Spirit] and a body in the person of Jesus Christ.
If I may ask; should we believe in the trinity doctrine? We have seen the person of Jesus and the Holy Spirit both actively involved in the creation of all things. Twice, the living Bible had made reference to the fact that the creator is not acting alone. Genesis 1 verse 26 and Genesis 3 verse 22, where He said, ‘let us’ make man in our own image and after our likeness and again He said, man has become like one ‘of us’. These two statements have made us understand that the creator whoever they were He is talking with, are person who has a mind and could be related with.
There are three people in the Godhead that made the creation of all things possible [The father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit]. These three have their individual minds and that is where the problem of explaining the trinity doctrine comes in. How better can you explain to a sane man that three people who have individual minds are together one? ‘Let us make Man in Our own image and after our likeness. This is one mind seeking the collaboration of the other minds. He did not say; ‘Let Me make Man in My own image and after My likeness’.
On the other hand, if anyone comes to you and says to you that Mr. Peter, Mr. Paul, and Mr. John are singular person simply because they share the same mind set and will; I am very sure you are not going to accept what he said? Listen to this, because God the father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost share the same mindset and desire the same will, does not make them altogether one singular God. What makes them one God even with three minds and will is what makes Adam one Adam even with three minds and will.
Adam is also made up of three persons as I have earlier explained. The Spirit of God in Adam has a mind and a will, Adam’s Soul also has a mind and her will, and the human flesh and blood after eating the forbidden fruit was activated to life and was given a mind and a will that pants after evil desires. These three altogether make up the man we called Adam. God’s Spirit in you, your Soul, and your human flesh and blood is the one you that existed so also is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is the one God that existed. If God’s Spirit in you, your Soul, and your human flesh and blood who were having their individual minds and will yet do not make you three human then God can never be three God because ‘you are created in God’s own image and likeness.
The problem Christians have concerning the way they understand the issue of the Godhead is their inability to fuse Jesus and the Holy Spirit properly when relating to the issue of the Godhead. Someone might want to ask me how best I want to explain the relationship between God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and I will love to use the creation of Adam to explain it, the reason being that Adam was created in God’s own image and likeness. Adam has a Spirit, soul, and human body, and God the Father is Spirit, His Soul is the Holy Spirit and His body is Jesus Christ. Colossians 2 verse 9.
See what prophet Isaiah said in chapter 48 verses 16. ‘And now the Lord God and His Spirit hath sent me.’ Two personalities were mentioned there, the Lord God is the first personality and His Spirit is the second personality. It is when you say, for example, Mr. John and his wife sent me to bring the money.
Now listen to this, God almighty is one God. James 2:19, Genesis 5:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 45:5, 1Corinthians 8:4, Mark 12:29, 1Timothy 2 verse 5. All these scriptures of the Bible testified to it that God Almighty is one God. James 2 verse 19 also made us understand that even the devil believes in the oneness of God. Jesus also was trying to tell His disciples about His oneness with the father in John 14:7. Jesus said this without mincing words that, ‘henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.’ In John 10 verse 30 He also said; ‘I and my Father are one.’ What better language will Jesus use to explain to us His oneness with the creator than those which He used there? Do you know the people pick up stones to stone Him for the statement He altered simply because they believed He was blaspheming and making Himself equal with God? If I may ask, can your Spirit be given a different name from your Soul and your soul given a different name from your human flesh? They all bear a single name so also our God is not different from Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ is never like God but humans are the ones created like God, we were created like Him. Jesus Christ is fully God Almighty, that same heavenly father we know. In Jesus Christ is God really proud of Himself.
Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are never equal with the Father, they are altogether the Father. The soul of Adam and his human flesh are never equal with Adam; they are altogether the Adam himself because any one of them out of him makes an incomplete Adam.
The much-talked-about issue of the Godhead or Holy Trinity was not argued by the Apostles of Christ simply because they have verse knowledge of the Holy Spirit to be able to understand the oneness of God the father, son, and of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wanted to establish this fact to the people in John 10 verse 30. ‘I and My Father are One. But rather the people pick up stones to stone Him to death. Also in John 14 verse 7. ‘If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me] you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him’.

Oct 26, 2016
It is quite surprising to me that even still date, many believers of Christ Jesus are still finding it difficult accepting a direct statement from the word of God Himself. ‘….you know Him and have seen Him’. Jesus at any time never separates Himself from being God almighty and it wouldn’t be right for anyone to do that. If we aren’t seeing ourselves as triune then it will be so unfair to see God as such. Jesus was surprised when His own disciples never knew who He was but He later understood how difficult it will be for them to understand this great mystery without the help of the Holy Ghost.

The reason I am so surprised is that we now have the Holy Spirit yet we are finding it difficult to understand this simple mystery but I later come to realize how we have partially understood this word of God that said the Man is created in God’s own image and likeness. The image of the man is a copy of the image of God the creator. This is the simple equation anyone can use to solve the mystery behind the arguments relating to the Godhead or the Trinity.

Oct 26, 2016
THE TRINITY DOCTRINE
Over many centuries, the issue of God’s trinity has been a subject for debate among Christians and non-Christians. Almost all the religious groups believed in one supreme God the creator of all things. Christians also do believe in one supreme God Almighty but there are lots of controversies which surround how Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are related to the Godhead. In trying to explain this relationship, Christians gave several explanations on how God the father, Son and the Holy Spirit co-existed with each other to make one true God.
Some group of Christians tried to make us believed that it was the same God Almighty that functions as the father and as the son and also as the Holy Spirit. Several Christians have also explained that God the father is different from God the son and also of the Holy Spirit. They went further to explain that these three personalities are working together in harmony as one supreme God and not three Gods. There are still some sets of Christians who teach that Jesus Christ is subordinate to God Almighty. They said Jesus was a creation of the supreme God which He uses as instrument in creating all other things which He had created and that the Holy Spirit is just the force of creation and not a person. Few other Christians also believed the father, son and Holy Spirit co-existed from the beginning, equal to each other and all are working in harmony to achieve a purpose.
It is a wide belief that our entire future depends on knowing the true person and nature of God the creator. Many are finding it quite difficult to believe the story of the creator given birth to a son through mere human and this son claims equality to the creator Himself. Others wouldn’t stop to imagine how true it is that God of all creation is in three persons of the Father, Son and of the Holy Spirit who are together one indivisible, uncreated and equally existing for eternity.
It is quite difficult to explain the issue of God’s Trinity to the people. How can you possibly convince anyone that the true God is in three Persons of Father, Son and the Holy Spirit who work together as One God knowing fully well that three personalities are involved? And the living Bible in many occasions both in the Old and New Testament made us to understand that God the creator is one God.
Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 45:5, Mark 12:29, John 10:30, John 14:7, 1Corinthians 8:4 and James 2:19. Every one of these scripture testified to it that our God is one God. Look at how Apostle James puts his; ‘ Thou believest that there is one God, thou doest well, the devils also believe, and tremble. ‘
How can we successfully relate these verses with what was written in the book of Genesis 1:26 and 3:22 without making the Bible to contradict itself.
GENESIS 1:26, GENESIS 3:22
‘And God said, Let us make Man in our image, after our likeness….’
‘And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil….’
Honestly it seems very impossible. It is an undeniable fact that three conscious persons who have individual minds were involved in that statement. The Trinitarian believers are faced with a difficult task on how to beautifully fuse these three personalities together as one God, for a sane man who has Bible knowledge to buy into this idea. It is absolutely more impossible for the Living Bible to contradict itself. If the scripture can never contradict itself then there must be a hidden mystery somewhere.

The mystery of God’s trinity has become an issue which a vast majority of Christians had concluded could not be understood through mere human imaginations but how true is this assertion. Through my diligent studies, I was able to identify the exact places so many Christians must have been having problems understanding this long debated issue of the Godhead.
I have come to acknowledge the fact that there is no way we can genuinely understand this issue of God’s trinity except we have the full understanding of what the image and likeness of God is all about. There are two ways we can put a perpetual end to all the arguments and conflicting beliefs concerning the issue of the Godhead. The first way to do this is for someone to be able to see God which is very impossible because no human will see God and live to tell any story. How can we really understand the image and likeness of God when no man is able to see Him? John 1 verse 18
The living bible made us to understand that the man is created in the image and likeness of God that is to say, God image and likeness is in the man. The second way to end all the arguments will be for us take a diligent study of how the man was created and see if genuinely we can understand what the image and likeness of God is all about. Probably we might be in a better position to explain the much debated issue of the Godhead.
The mistakes many Christians often make when explaining the Godhead is when they use wrong images to try and explain how God’s Trinity looks like. Some Christian tried to explain God’s Trinity using an egg. They said an egg has a yoke, the whitish part and the outer shell, the three altogether makes up an egg so likewise God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit though being three Persons, make up the supreme God. Some tried using water to explain the Trinity and some use some other things which are not close to how the image of God looks like. The only thing that can be compared to God’s image is the Man.
GENESIS 5:1 and GENESIS 9:6
‘ This is the book of the generation of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him.’
The living bible made us to understand that the man is created in the image and likeness of God. That is to say, God image and likeness is in the man. Now we are going to take a diligent study of how the man was created and translate this information to see if truly we can understand enough to explain the issue of the Godhead.
Jesus apostles never had any reason to debate about the issue of the Godhead otherwise they would have shed more light on this topic. They had a proper understanding of what it meant for God to create the man in His own image and likeness. The issue concerning God’s Trinity only became a subject for discussion due to our partial understanding concerning what the bible said about the man being created in the image and likeness of God.
We wouldn’t have been comparing His image and likeness with an egg, water and those things we are comparing God’s image with had it been we understood what the Bible said in Genesis. We must understand that the man was created to function and act like God. God creating the man in His image and likeness is a pure message for us to understand we have the same look and character of the creator. The man is a true picture of God. God duplicated Himself when He created the man called Adam.
We can put an end to all these arguments and conflicting beliefs when we go back and examine vividly the duplicate of God Almighty which is the first Man called Adam. We will examine who Adam is and how he was created, his person and the qualities in him. If God cannot be seen, His direct duplicate is in the Man and I believe that should have been the first place of call if anyone truly desire to understand God’s trinity or the Godhead.
God almighty who is called Jehovah the creator of all things molded the Man out of the dust of the ground. He made sure the mold was the exact image of Himself before He breathed on it. The mold became a living being after the breath of the creator came upon it but the being is made up of a Soul [mind] and a human body [flesh and blood]. Ephesians 4:4
‘ There is one body and one Spirit, ...’
The human Soul is a Spiritual being because it cannot be seen with our physical eyes. The Soul comprises of every human’s physical and mental reasoning. In the Soul, humans can think, act, feel and most of all, take every decision. The Soul is the same as the human’s mind.
Adam’s soul had zero knowledge of both good and bad when he was being created. Eden was the school established for him so that he could acquire the knowledge of good with the help of the Spirit of God [mind of God] given to him.
1John 3:24
‘… And hereby we know that He abideth in us, BY THE SPIRIT which He hath given to us.’
The creator gave Adam His Spirit [mind, Soul] to be Adam’s lecturer. He was to fill Adam’s Soul [mind] with the knowledge of good before Adam would be qualified and fit to go and live in the kingdom of the earth which was created for him by God the creator.

Adam also was created to have a human body. The human flesh and blood helps Adam to manifest physically what he had proposed to do in his Soul mind. God created the human body because He wanted to separate His kingdom from that of Adam. Adam can live a life with his soul, without a body but he will be interfering with the activities in God’s kingdom as a Spiritual being. Adam with a human body, is not able interfere with activities in Heaven and the Heavenly beings wouldn’t interfere with the kingdom of the earth without a living body.

Oct 26, 2016
[/QUOTE]
The human body of Adam now houses the human soul [the spirit of man] and the Spirit of God given to him. Man has two Spiritual being living in their flesh. The mind of God through God’s Spirit and the mind of his Soul. Romans 8:9. The flesh itself has no living mind in it.
GENESIS 2:7
‘…….and breathed into his nostrils the breath or Spirit of life and Man became a living being.’
It was when God breathed into the nostrils of Adam the ‘Spirit of life’ that the Spirit of Man [Soul] was giving to him.
The very time God Almighty calls back His Spirit in the Man that is when the Man dies and immediately this Spirit will return back to Him.
JOB 34 VERSE 14
‘ If He set His heart upon man, if He gather unto Himself His Spirit [God’s Spirit] and his Breath [human spirit, soul].’ ECCLECIATES 12:7
‘…..And the Spirit shall return unto God who gave it.’
The life that the Man has was in God’s Spirit who returns back to him when they die. I am writing this to make you understand that Adam has a Spirit of God in him and another spirit of man which is the Soul.
1CORINTHIANS2:11 For what Man knoweth the things of Man, save the spirit which is in him…? [ His soul mind]
The Holy Bible refers to the human’s Soul as the spirit of Man because it is in Adam’s soul that lies all his thoughts. Your soul is the real you. This is where every human’s mental, intellectual reasoning’s and his abilities to take decisions is at work. God created the Soul and gave him the power of the will and can do whatever he felt pleasing for the Man. Every human’s decisions, actions and inactions are from the human Soul.
The Spirit of God in Adam teaches his Soul to make good decisions, the human Soul also needs to activate the human body to express or carry out those good decisions. The life of Adam’s Body was in his Spirit [soul]. Adam’s soul is to activate the human body to do his will.
James 2 verse 26.
‘ for the body without the spirit is dead,…’
The body of Adam has no life in itself but was activated to life when they disobeyed God’s commandment of never to eat out of the forbidden fruit of evil. Adam’s human flesh was activated to life and now has a mind of evil after they ate the fruit.
Don’t let me go deep into that here because that is a topic of its own. Adam now had three minds in himself; The mind of God through the Spirit of God which was given to him, the mind of his Soul and the activated evil mind of the human flesh. These three altogether made up the complete living man called Adam.
Now that we have seen the way Adam was created and designed by God, we can use this image to compare and see if we will know how God is. I solemnly believe we will understand the true nature and image of our God and every issue we may be having concerning our God being in three Gods or as one God will be resolved after diligently examining and comparing man’s image with God.
GENESIS 1:1-2
‘The earth was without form and an empty waste and darkness was upon the face of the very deep. The Spirit of God was moving [hovering, brooding] over the face of the waters.’
In the first page, the first chapter and the very first verse of the Holy Bible, we were made to understand that God our creator began His creation by creating the Heavens and the earth. The earth immediately after creation was without any form and was an empty waste. Darkness was said to have ruled over the face of the very deep.
God the creator was seriously concern after creating an earth which has little meaning and has appeared not to favor the purpose of creating it. He knew something should be done so as to effect a change to the formless and empty earth He had created. In other to effect the desired changes, His Spirit began to brood over the surface of the waters.

The image of God is made visible here in the very First book of the living Bible but has anyone ever given it a thought what it means for the Spirit of God to brood over the surface of the Waters?
To understand that statement, we must first try and know what the Spirit of God is and why was He brooding over the waters.
1CORINTHIANS 2:11
For what Man knoweth the things of a man, save the Spirit of Man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Just as we have discussed earlier that the Spirit of the Man represents his mind or human Soul so likewise is the Spirit of God representing the mind of God.
1Corinthians 2 verse 11 told us that no man knows what is in the human mind except his Spirit which signifies his Soul because there lies every human thought. Apostle Paul in Corinthians also made us to understand that no Man can know what the things of God are except by the Spirit of God [God’s soul mind]. We should take a look at what was written in verse twelve of that same chapter.
‘Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely giving to us of God.’
Apostle Paul who wrote the book of Corinthians was trying to make us understand that they received not the spirit of the world [the mind of the devil through the evil life of the flesh] but the Spirit of God which represents the mind of God and because they have the mind of God, they could discover those things which God have in His mind to freely give to them. Apostle Paul knew it takes the Spirit of God to know the mind of God.
The Spirit of God moving or brooding, which was made mentioned in the book of Genesis 1 signifies God’s mind thinking of the best solution that could be employed so as to put more beauty to the void and empty form of the earth which He had created.
I think with this simple explanation, we should be satisfied that God the creator also has a Spirit mind which also could think, feels and make decisions just the same way we humans do. That Spirit mind of God is what the Bible refers to as the Spirit of God. Sometimes He is called, the Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost whichever way He is being addressed.
Let’s take a look at what Psalms 11 verse 5 says; ‘the Lord tests and proves the [unyieldingly] righteous, but His SOUL abhors the wicked and him who loves violence.’
Job 23 verse 13 also told us; ‘what His SOUL desires even that He doeth.’
Hebrews10:38: ‘ Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, My SOUL shall have no pleasure in him.’
I am only bringing these verses to convince us that God also has a spiritual Soul in the person of the Holy Spirit.
GENESIS 1:2
‘ …..over the face of the waters.’
What does the misery waters signifies here in Genesis1:2?
The misery Waters there signifies a person but who is that person?
Let us go straight to the book of John four verse fourteen which made mention of a man called Jesus discussing with a Samaritan woman pertaining some waters.
‘But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty anymore. But the Water that I will give him shall become spring of Waters welling up [flowing, bubbling] (continually) with him unto (into, for) eternal life.’
Now the question we should ask is this; where did Jesus keep that Water which gives internal life? John 7:37 and Revelation 1 and 17 has the answers to that.
John 7:37
‘ Now on the final and most important day of the feast, Jesus stood, and He cried in a loud voice; if any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. ‘
Revelation 22:1 and 17
Jesus informed the Samaritan woman and the people that He has some water He will give to them which is quite different from the water He told the Samaritan woman to give to Him to drink. Jesus fulfilled His promise and He gave the Samaritan woman and the people of Samaria the water before He left.
He gave them the very Waters which the Spirit of God was brooding over in Genesis 1. He spoke into their life’s the WORD of life. The word is the very Waters which Jesus promised her and the word also is the Waters which the Spirit of God [mind] was brooding over.
The Spirit of God brooding over the face of the waters in Genesis 1:2 literally means the mind of God thinking over the words needed to be spoken so as to effect a change to the empty and formless earth that was created.
John 1:1-3.
Without any exceptions, I will like to inform you that Jesus Christ is the ‘Waters’ which was made mention of in the Bible book of Genesis 1 verse 2. He is the very waters which literally means the word of God. The Spirit of God [mind] has to relate with the Waters [word] for the changes to happen. God created everything He had created through His spoken word. The Bible book of John chapter one made us to understand better that Jesus is that spoken word of God which He uses in creating all things.
‘ In the beginning [before all things] was the word [Jesus], and the word was with God and the word was God Himself. He was present originally with God.
All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.

Just as the human body of Adam enables him to establish all what he had in his mind physically so also is Jesus Christ enabling God Almighty to establish all His thoughts. Jesus represents God’s creative abilities and body.

Oct 26, 2016
In the beginning when God Almighty was creating the Heavens and the earth, Jesus was there with Him. PROVERBS 8 VERSE 22 to 31

He was the Person used to put God’s thought into accomplishment. He is the Person which the Spirit of God was moving and brooding over. He was represented there as the Waters and truly He is the very Waters which literarily mean the word. Take a look at it this way, Jesus said to the people to come unto Him and drink. The Bible book of John said, Jesus is that word God uses to create all which He had created. When God was thinking of what is to be done concerning the empty and void form of the earth, His Spirit [Mind] related with the Waters before the change was effected.

Psalms 29 verse 3

‘The voice of the Lord is upon many waters; the Lord of glory thunders; the Lord is upon many [great] waters’.

The only reason His voice was upon the waters is because the waters had the word He needed to use to effect the changes He desired. For God to use the word, He needed a voice to speak the word. Now for God’s voice to be upon the waters it means, the word He needed to speak is in the great waters. The Lord spoke the word [Jesus] and changes were made to the void form of the earth. The voice that spoke the word is upon the waters which the Spirit of God was brooding upon. ‘…the Lord is upon many [great] waters.’

2PETER 3 VERSE 5

‘ For they willingly forget [the fact] that the heavens existed long ago by the word of God, and the earth was formed out of water and by water.’ [AMPLIFIED VERSION]

The Bible book of Apostle Peter made us to understand that it was out of waters and by the means of waters our world was formed and Apostle John in the book of John 1 also made us to understand that it was by the means of the word of God everything was formed. If we are to relate the account of Peter together with that of John, considering the fact that it is very impossible for the living Bible to contradict itself, we all should know that the Waters there signifies the word of God.

In the beginning, He was there represented as the Waters which was used to create the world. This same word of God is Jesus Christ our Lord who was calling on the people to come and drink of Him. Drinking of Him is the same as being filled by the true word of God.

This is another one just to prove to you that the Waters signifies the word of God. EPHESIANS 5 VERSE 26.

‘ So that He might sanctify the church, having cleansed her by washing of water with the word, ‘

Jesus will sanctify the church by the washing of water with the word. The church is to be sanctified by the word [Jesus] but Apostle Paul who has great understanding called the word sanctification, the washing of water because he knew the mystery of Jesus [the word] being the Waters.

It should be clearer to us now that God Almighty also have a Spiritual body and a Spiritual Soul which enables Him to think, and act exactly the way we humans do.

COLOSIANS 2 VERSE 9

‘For in Him the whole fullness of Deity [the Godhead] continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature].’

This verse has just made it clearer to us that Jesus Christ serves as the Spiritual body of the Almighty creator.

Humans also create things through their physical human body after they must have properly thought about it in their minds. With what I have just explained, I hope we are satisfied that God the creator also has a Soul [Holy Spirit] and a body in the person of Jesus Christ.

If I may ask; should we believe in the trinity doctrine? We have seen the person of Jesus and the Holy Spirit both actively involved in the creation of all things. Twice, the living Bible had made reference to the fact that the creator is not acting alone. Genesis 1 verse 26 and Genesis 3 verse 22, where He said, ‘let us’ make man in our own image and after our likeness and again He said, man has become like one ‘of us’. These two statements have made us to understand that the creator whoever they were He is talking with, are person who has minds and could be related with.

There are three people in the Godhead that made creation of all things possible [The father, the son and the Holy Spirit]. These three has their individual minds and that is where the problem of explaining the trinity doctrine comes in. How better can you explain to a sane man that three people who have individual minds are together one? ‘Let us make Man in Our own image and after our likeness’. This is one mind seeking the collaboration of the other minds. He did not say; ‘Let Me make Man in My own image and after My likeness’.

On the other hand, if anyone comes to you and says to you that Mr. Peter, Mr. Paul and Mr. John are singular person simply because they share the same mind set and will; I am very sure you are not going to accept what he said? Listen to this, because God the father, God the son and God the Holy Ghost shares the same mindset and desire the same will, does not makes them altogether one singular God. What makes them one God even with three minds and will is what make Adam one Adam even with three minds and will.

Adam is also made up of three persons as I have earlier explained. The Spirit of God in Adam has a mind and a will, Adam’s Soul also has a mind and her will and the human flesh and blood after eating the forbidden fruit was activated to life and was given a mind and a will that pants after evil desires. These three altogether makes up the man we called Adam. God’s Spirit in you, your Soul and your human flesh and blood is the one you that existed so also is God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit is the one God that existed. If God’s Spirit in you, your Soul and your human flesh and blood who were having their individual minds and will yet does not make you three human then God can never be three God because ‘you are created in God’s own image and likeness’.

The problem Christians has concerning the way they understand the issue of the Godhead is their inability to fuse Jesus and the Holy Spirit properly when relating to the issue of the Godhead. Someone might want to ask me how best I want to explain the relationship between God the father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and I will love to use the creation of Adam to explain it, the reason being that Adam was created in God’s own image and likeness. Adam has a Spirit, soul and human body and God the father is Spirit, His Soul is the Holy Spirit and His body is Jesus Christ. Colossians 2 verse 9.

See what prophet Isaiah said in chapter 48 verses 16. ‘And now the Lord God and His Spirit hath sent me.’ Two personalities were mention there, the Lord God is the first personality and His Spirit is the second personality. It is when you say for example, Mr. John and his wife sent me to bring the money.

Now listen to this, God almighty is one God. James 2:19, Genesis 5:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 45:5, 1Corinthians 8:4, Mark 12:29, 1Timothy 2 verse 5. All these scriptures of the Bible testified to it that God Almighty is one God. James 2 verse 19 also made us to understand that even the devil believes in the oneness of God. Jesus also was trying to tell His disciples about His oneness with the father in John 14:7. Jesus said this without mincing words that, ‘henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.’ In John 10 verse 30 He also said; ‘I and my Father are one.’ What better language will Jesus use to explain to us His oneness with the creator than those which He used there? Do you know the people pick up stones to stone Him for the statement He altered simply because they believed He was blaspheming and making Himself equal with God? If I may ask, can your Spirit be given a different name from your Soul and your soul given a different name from your human flesh? They all bear a single name so also our God is not different from Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ is never like God but humans are the ones created like God, we were created like Him. Jesus Christ is fully God Almighty, that same heavenly father we know. In Jesus Christ is God really proud of Himself.

Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are never equal with the Father, they are altogether the Father. The soul of Adam and his human flesh are never equal with Adam; they are altogether the Adam himself because any one of them out of him makes an incomplete Adam.

The much-talked-about issue of the Godhead or Holy Trinity was not argued by the Apostles of Christ simply because they have verse knowledge of the Holy Spirit to be able to understand the oneness of God the father, son and of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wanted to establish this fact to the people in John 10 verse 30. ‘I and My Father are One’. But rather the people pick up stones to stone Him to death. Also in John 14 verse 7. ‘If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me] you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him’.

Oct 26, 2016
It is quite surprising to me that even to date, many believers of Christ Jesus are still finding it difficult to accept a direct statement from the word of God Himself. ‘….you know Him and have seen Him. Jesus at any time never separates Himself from being God almighty and it wouldn’t be right for anyone to do that. If we aren’t seeing ourselves as triune then it will be so unfair to see God as such. Jesus was surprised when His own disciples never knew who He was but He later understood how difficult it will be for them to understand this great mystery without the help of the Holy Ghost.

The reason I am so surprised is that we now have the Holy Spirit yet we are finding it difficult to understand this simple mystery but I later come to realize how we have partially understood this word of God that said man is created in God’s own image and likeness. The image of man is a copy of the image of God the creator. This is the simple equation anyone can use to solve the mystery behind the arguments relating to the Godhead or the Trinity

CS1

May 23, 2012

the problem with man's ability to comprehend all that God is is that man is limited God is not.
There are only three ways to know the eternal Godhead.

1. General Revelation by what God made or created
2. Special Revelation by the word of God
3. By illumination from a relationship with Christ and the Holy Spirit.

That is it. one can study the word of God for life time and still only scratch the surface of God's Nature. In God's creation, man has picked many subjects to study and still has yet to learn all of any one of them.

• Astrology
  • Biology

You will spend a lifetime and still never know all.

Just look at the knowledge and discoveries over the past 50 years

• Cracking the DNA code
  • Plate tectonics
  • Recombinant DNA
  • DNA decoders
  • Catching up with comets
  • Human embryonic stem cells
Man is very much impressed with these accomplishments, God is not :).

Isaskar

Nov 13, 2021
Lots of text, all to be easily refuted by one verse.

John 17:3

Jesus' Father is the one true God, Jesus is NOT the Father, Jesus is the SON.

CS1

May 23, 2012

Yet, Jesus Said He and His Father are one and if you have seen Him you have seen the Father as He told Philip in the gospel of John chapter 14 :)

Oct 26, 2016

You can't use an earthly father and son to compare the relationship between God the Father and Jesus. When you hear the son of God in the Bible, it only means the product that can be out from God.

Humans are sons of God because we came as a result of the breath of God in us. The breath came from His inside. Angels are also sons of God though we don't have any knowledge of how they were created.

Satan the devil is also a son of God. Job 1:6 and 2:1.

Satan went to present himself because he is also among the sons of God.

You will miss it if you could only see Jesus being the son of God as the way you see an earthly father and son. Jesus is the same as the father. John 14 told us so, how best can you reconcile the account of Genesis 2: 7 and John 1:4

The creator in the book of Genesis created Adam and breath into Adam the breath of life and John said that breath of life was in Jesus Christ.

If the Bible can not contradict itself, how possible is it that God the father will breath into Adam the breath of life which was in Christ Jesus If He is not the Jesus Himself.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Is this modalism or Oneness Pentacostalism?

Or something else?

Feb 24, 2022

'The Spirit of God was brooding over the Waters.'

That statement was only making us understand that God's mind was thinking ( brooding ) about the solution to the void and formless earth. After He must have done with the thinking processes, His Spirit began to relate with the Waters.
Psalms 29 verse 3

The only reason His voice was upon the waters is that the waters had the word He needed to use to affect the changes He desired. For God to use the word, He needed a voice to speak the word. Now for God’s voice to be upon the waters, it means, the word He needed to speak is in the great waters. The Lord spoke the word [Jesus] and changes were made to the void form of the earth. The voice that spoke the word is upon the waters which the Spirit of God was brooding upon. ‘…the Lord is upon many [great] waters.’

2PETER 3 VERSE 5
‘ For they willingly forget [the fact] that the heavens existed long ago by the word of God, and the earth was formed out of the water and by water.’ [AMPLIFIED VERSION]
The Bible book of Apostle Peter made us understand that it was out of waters and by the means of waters our world was formed Apostle John in the book of John 1 also made us understand that it was by the means of the word of God everything was formed. If we are to relate the account of Peter together with that of John, because the living Bible can't contradict itself, we all should know that the Waters there signify the word of God.
In the beginning, He was there represented as the Waters which were used to create the world. This same word of God is Jesus Christ our Lord who was calling on the people to come and drink of Him. Drinking of Him is the same as being filled by the true word of God.
This is another one just to prove to you that the Waters signify the word of God. EPHESIANS 5 VERSE 26.
‘ So that He might sanctify the church, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, ‘

It should be clearer to us now that God Almighty also has a Spiritual body and a Spiritual Soul which enables Him to think and act exactly the way we humans do.
COLOSSIANS 2 VERSE 9
If I may ask; should we believe in the trinity doctrine? We have seen the person of Jesus and the Holy Spirit both actively involved in the creation of all things. Twice, the living Bible had made reference to the fact that the creator is not acting alone. Genesis 1 verse 26 and Genesis 3 verse 22, where He said, ‘let us’ make man in our own image and after our likeness and again He said, man has become like one ‘of us’. These two statements have made us understand that the creator whoever they were He is talking with, are person who has a mind and could be related with.
There are three people in the Godhead that made the creation of all things possible [The father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit]. These three have their individual minds and that is where the problem of explaining the trinity doctrine comes in. How better can you explain to a sane man that three people who have individual minds are together one? ‘Let us make Man in Our own image and after our likeness. This is one mind seeking the collaboration of the other minds. He did not say; ‘Let Me make Man in My own image and after My likeness’.
On the other hand, if anyone comes to you and says to you that Mr. Peter, Mr. Paul, and Mr. John are singular person simply because they share the same mind set and will; I am very sure you are not going to accept what he said? Listen to this, because God the father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost share the same mindset and desire the same will, does not make them altogether one singular God. What makes them one God even with three minds and will is what makes Adam one Adam even with three minds and will.
Adam is also made up of three persons as I have earlier explained. The Spirit of God in Adam has a mind and a will, Adam’s Soul also has a mind and her will, and the human flesh and blood after eating the forbidden fruit was activated to life and was given a mind and a will that pants after evil desires. These three altogether make up the man we called Adam. God’s Spirit in you, your Soul, and your human flesh and blood is the one you that existed so also is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is the one God that existed. If God’s Spirit in you, your Soul, and your human flesh and blood who were having their individual minds and will yet do not make you three human then God can never be three God because ‘you are created in God’s own image and likeness.
The problem Christians have concerning the way they understand the issue of the Godhead is their inability to fuse Jesus and the Holy Spirit properly when relating to the issue of the Godhead. Someone might want to ask me how best I want to explain the relationship between God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and I will love to use the creation of Adam to explain it, the reason being that Adam was created in God’s own image and likeness. Adam has a Spirit, soul, and human body, and God the Father is Spirit, His Soul is the Holy Spirit and His body is Jesus Christ. Colossians 2 verse 9.
See what prophet Isaiah said in chapter 48 verses 16. ‘And now the Lord God and His Spirit hath sent me.’ Two personalities were mentioned there, the Lord God is the first personality and His Spirit is the second personality. It is when you say, for example, Mr. John and his wife sent me to bring the money.
Now listen to this, God almighty is one God. James 2:19, Genesis 5:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 45:5, 1Corinthians 8:4, Mark 12:29, 1Timothy 2 verse 5. All these scriptures of the Bible testified to it that God Almighty is one God. James 2 verse 19 also made us understand that even the devil believes in the oneness of God. Jesus also was trying to tell His disciples about His oneness with the father in John 14:7. Jesus said this without mincing words that, ‘henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.’ In John 10 verse 30 He also said; ‘I and my Father are one.’ What better language will Jesus use to explain to us His oneness with the creator than those which He used there? Do you know the people pick up stones to stone Him for the statement He altered simply because they believed He was blaspheming and making Himself equal with God? If I may ask, can your Spirit be given a different name from your Soul and your soul given a different name from your human flesh? They all bear a single name so also our God is not different from Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

It’s silly to argue whether the three members of the godhead are “equal” or not, it’s like comparing an apple in the mirror or in a photo graph with a real apple. Holy Spirit is God’s presence in our world, and Jesus is the WAY to know God. God is in another world, there’s nothing we can do to reach Him, instead He reaches to us - through Jesus His incarnate.